• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT2| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Andrea Bargnani

KingGondo

Banned
The one thing we all agree on: He ain't staying in OKC.

:p
It's amazing how one offseason can make a Nets fan more pompous than Heat fans.

You're making me consider rooting for the Knicks over the Nets. That's how bad it's gotten.
If he chips he'll stay.

If not I'd be shocked if he did.
I think as long as we're true contenders we don't have much to worry about. As long as he and YNB are healthy (and we keep improving around them) making a move is riskier than staying. No guarantee that his new team will be better than the Thunder, which was far from the case with the Cavs and LeBron.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
It's amazing how one offseason can make a Nets fan more pompous than Heat fans.

You're making me consider rooting for the Knicks over the Nets. That's how bad it's gotten.

I think as long as we're true contenders we don't have much to worry about. As long as he and YNB are healthy (and we keep improving around them) making a move is riskier than staying. No guarantee that his new team will be better than the Thunder, which was far from the case with the Cavs and LeBron.

"we keep improving around them" - they've probably regressed in the past 2 offseasons right? If OKC doesn't get back to the finals this year with 100% Westbrook, I think KD starts to get antsy.

Just in time to join the Bulls.

Who else is a free agent the year he's up and what team could absorb two major contracs at once.... I can see him playing out "The Decision 2.0"

All the dudes from 2007. Noah. Horford. Conley.

Deron has an opt out that year I think. But he will be 32 years old.

EDIT: Forgot Kevin Love only signed a 4 year extension.

KAHHHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNN

KingGondo

Banned
"we keep improving around them" - they've probably regressed in the past 2 offseasons right? If OKC doesn't get back to the finals this year with 100% Westbrook, I think KD starts to get antsy.
I'm not ruling anything out, but we improved our record and scoring margin last year even after losing Harden, and we would have advanced further in the playoffs if YNB had been healthy.

I totally agree that to feel 100% confident in keeping KD we need to chip, but it's waayyyyyy too premature to speculate on his next team.
I'm just spittin truth, but if you want to punish yourself like that then I won't stop you.
I'll never root for the Knicks. I'm predisposed to like the Nets, but man... you're making it hard on me.

hope it doesn't end up like what happened with the heat

we shit on pheenix with everyone wearing "wade in another jersey" avatars

next thing you know he gets LeBron and Bosh ;_;

Gondo to get Rose and Drummond confirmed

You bastards. Those were tough times, I thought Wade to Chi was forgone.

Cornbread78

All the dudes from 2007. Noah. Horford. Conley.

Deron has an opt out that year I think. But he will be 32 years old.

EDIT: Forgot Kevin Love only signed a 4 year extension.

KAHHHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNN

So sho could absorb KD, Noah and Conley together? That seams like a likely pairing... They would just need a dynamic SG to pair up with since Conley isn't a great offensive player.

KingGondo

Banned

YNB and Ibaka for Rose and Noah. Who says no?

thekad

Banned

Remember when people were excited about a possible Wade/Joe Johnson/Amare big 3 :lol

I'm really not worried about him leaving. He's going to opt out, he'd be a fool not to. But I think he stays.
Lakers gonna have that max cap space if Jim Buss doesn't pull a Dolan and build around Melo and Old Kobe.

Remember when people were excited about a possible Wade/Joe Johnson/Amare big 3 :lol

Lakers gonna have that max cap space if Jim Buss doesn't pull a Dolan and build around Melo and Old Kobe.

remember when Joe Johnson and Amare wanted to invite themselves to the "Free Agent Summit"?

but seriously, Rudy Gay was a possibility at the time too. Holy fuck

Cornbread78

remember when Joe Johnson and Amare wanted to invite themselves to the "Free Agent Summit"?

but seriously, Rudy Gay was a possibility at the time too. Holy fuck

Can he play the 2 well?

KD, Noah, Conley and Gay all collide on 1 team? Fuck the decision, they are going to straight up blow up the NBA....CBA cannot stop them if they find a suitor with cap space....

The weird thing is that literally nothing I've said to Gondo is anything he doesn't hear from other posters all the time. I make fun of a cheap owner, the Harden trade, and KD possibly bolting, which is nothing everyone else doesn't already think.

I know why you and the other Dolanites are salty, but I've never gone particularly hard on OKC.
way to miss the bolded:

1) You're not the first Nets "fan" to crow and shittalk over their offseason. There was another 2 years ago... he doesn't post anymore.
2) Dolanite? lol for your sake I hope the Nets have a fast start.

Bottom line, the Nets have done the whole "won the offseason" thing 3 times in a row and did the whole "Blueprint For Greatness" thing. Year 1 they nearly finished with the worst record in the history of the league, Year 2 they didn't make the playoffs, and last year... yeah. After building a seemingly pretty good team you think a Nets fan would learn from the past and take it in stride, but you seem to be different...

... but then again I seem to have answered my question.

Can he play the 2 well?

KD, Noah, Conley and Gay all collide on 1 team? Fuck the decision, they are going to straight up blow up the NBA....CBA cannot stop them if they find a suitor with cap space....

Gay's free agency year is different from those other guys and he is a terrible complementary player as well.

Can he play the 2 well?

not that great of a team as you're implying. You got Noah, who plays good defense but his offense is meh. Not to mention he's injury prone. Conley who is a good player. nothing more nothing less and you have gay's inefficient ass chucking up all sorts of shots.

current OKC is better than that.

KingGondo

Banned
I'm actually going out to Oklahoma for the first time in November to visit my in-laws. What are the places to visit in Tulsa Gondo?
A native Tulsan would be better to ask, but the Philbrook Museum would be at the top of my list. It's an art museum that occupies the old mansion of the Phillips family (of Phillips 66/ConocoPhillips fame).

Absolutely beautiful building and garden, and a surprisingly nice art collection as well. It's also located in a beautiful historic district with some really neat houses if you're into that.

Besides that I'd check out the downtown area, but as far as restaurants and other local stuff I'm not too familiar. OKC and Tulsa are surprisingly different and isolated from each other. OKC has more stuff to do, while Tulsa is more laid-back. Parts of it are gorgeous, which can't really be said for OKC.

I believe there are some Tulsa-GAFers, but I can't think of them off the top of my head.

Cornbread78

not that great of a team as you're implying. You got Noah, who plays good defense but his offense is meh. Not to mention he's injury prone. Conley who is a good player. nothing more nothing less and you have gay's inefficient ass chucking up all sorts of shots.

current OKC is better than that.

You'd have to find the surrounding cast as well, but that team would be a beast..

PG: Conley
SG: Gay
SF: KD
PF: plenty of options, a spread 4 that can play some D would work best though.
C: Noah

Forever

Banned
way to miss the bolded:

1) You're not the first Nets "fan" to crow and shittalk over their offseason. There was another 2 years ago... he doesn't post anymore.

Bottom line, the Nets have done the whole "won the offseason" thing 3 times in a row and did the whole "Blueprint For Greatness" thing. Year 1 they nearly finished with the worst record in the history of the league, Year 2 they didn't make the playoffs, and last year... yeah. After building a seemingly pretty good team you think a Nets fan would learn from the past and take it in stride, but you seem to be different...

lmao. Show me the bold predictions I've made about the season we're about to have. The only thing I've really stood my ground on is when effingvic made me an avatar bet about us getting bounced in the first round. I know very well that games aren't won on paper. I also know that the Knicks are a joke of a franchise and will always be one. That's all.

Cornbread78

way to miss the bolded:

lmao. Show me the bold predictions I've made about the season we're about to have. The only thing I've really stood my ground on is when effingvic made me an avatar bet about us getting bounced in the first round. I know very well that games aren't won on paper. I also know that the Knicks are a joke of a franchise and will always be one. That's all.

Beginning of round 2 or just a continuation from yesterday?

diehard

Fleer
If Burke doesnt adjust the NBA really fast we are going to be so bad.

..yet im still more excited for this season than the previous .. 4?

A native Tulsan would be better to ask, but the Philbrook Museum would be at the top of my list. It's an art museum that occupies the old mansion of the Phillips family (of Phillips 66/ConocoPhillips fame).

Absolutely beautiful building and garden, and a surprisingly nice art collection as well. It's also located in a beautiful historic district with some really neat houses if you're into that.

Besides that I'd check out the downtown area, but as far as restaurants and other local stuff I'm not too familiar. OKC and Tulsa are surprisingly different and isolated from each other. OKC has more stuff to do, while Tulsa is more laid-back. Parts of it are gorgeous, which can't really be said for OKC.

I believe there are some Tulsa-GAFers, but I can't think of them off the top of my head.

That's a pretty good start, thanks Gondo.

Alex Len's second major ankle surgery was actually on his other foot so now he's had two different stress fractures already in his career, what the fuck.

Cho's pick of Zeller is looking better and better everyday.

As long as Noel doesn't come back to full health at least, and I hope he does regardless if it makes Cho look stupid.

If Burke doesnt adjust the NBA really fast we are going to be so bad.

..yet im still more excited for this season than the previous .. 4?

there's like two guys who shot well in summer league and they are both bigs

didn't really learn shit from SL

Will start trolling again once actual games start

Worst day in Cleveland since "the decision"

joERl4z.jpg

Top Bottom