• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT2| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Andrea Bargnani

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
ZachLowe_NBA
Owners today voted to reimburse Thunder "several million $" for rule change new CBA applied retroactively to Durant's contract, per sources. The vote took place at today's Board of Governors meeting, according to several league sources here in Vegas. New CBA allows for rare super-max extensions, and new CBA applied those higher amounts to Durant's extension — signed in '10, pre-lockout. The Thunder protested at the time, and Board today voted — not unanimously, I'm told — to pay OKC the difference b/w old and new Durant max. Kevin Durant will still get his full super-max amount; league will reimburse OKC ownership the difference, sources tell Grantland.

what is this about Kobe coming back for preseason.

Fuck that. Just heal up a few extra months, Kobster. Then you can chase scoring records when Pau is shut down.

linsivvi

ZachLowe_NBA
Owners today voted to reimburse Thunder "several million $" for rule change new CBA applied retroactively to Durant's contract, per sources. The vote took place at today's Board of Governors meeting, according to several league sources here in Vegas. New CBA allows for rare super-max extensions, and new CBA applied those higher amounts to Durant's extension — signed in '10, pre-lockout. The Thunder protested at the time, and Board today voted — not unanimously, I'm told — to pay OKC the difference b/w old and new Durant max. Kevin Durant will still get his full super-max amount; league will reimburse OKC ownership the difference, sources tell Grantland.

So Clayton Bennett thinks that his franchise player is 1) not worth the old max and so now 2) all 30 teams are paying for Durant's contract.

Way to go NBA.

KP_Rivals ‏@KP_Rivals 17 Jul
Wiggins response to the NBA player he would want to play 1on1: 'Kobe. he's the closest thing to Jordan & Jordan's the greatest of all time'

Already gearing up for Laker practices, I see.

Calling it now, Kobe will carry them to the playoffs again.

On the plus side, it would should up the Kobe haters forever

no it wouldn't

Forever

Banned
Already gearing up for Laker practices, I see.

On the plus side, it would should up the Kobe haters forever

no it wouldn't

Some sick twisted part of me would be curious to see what would happen if the Lakers won the lottery next year, drafted Wiggins, and then signed Lebron.

Can you imagine?

linsivvi

Some sick twisted part of me would be curious to see what would happen if the Lakers won the lottery next year, drafted Wiggins, and then signed Lebron.

Can you imagine?

Half of NBA age would threaten to quit watching basketball for the 100th time but couldn't because they are all basketball junkies.

I actually think Bennett is right in this case. They made his contract retroactive, shouldn't that apply to everyone else then?

it's a bad precedent.

What if Durant got hurt? Obviously Bennett is willing to pay Durant more but he signed a contract under the old CBA and the owners put it on him retroactively. That's bullshit.

Plus, it changes their cap numbers, luxury tax payments, etc. Any owner would do the same IMO.

linsivvi

I actually think Bennett is right in this case. They made his contract retroactive, shouldn't that apply to everyone else then?

it's a bad precedent.

What if Durant got hurt? Obviously Bennett is willing to pay Durant more but he signed a contract under the old CBA and the owners put it on him retroactively. That's bullshit.

Plus, it changes their cap numbers, luxury tax payments, etc. Any owner would do the same IMO.

I think his should just honor and pay for the contract himself. He might have a case about the cap and tax so using the new max when calculating cap and luxury tax might be fairer.

That 2.6 million was probably the difference between keeping Harden or trading him

harden_medium.gif

Joe Lacob (Warrior's owner) mentioned Ian Clark by name and then proceeded to mention his college shooting percentage.

Ian may end up in the Warriors training camp afterall.

hmmm....

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
wut AB back... again lol

"Aaron Brooks ‏@Thirty2zero 4m

Good to be back.... #RedNation x3

Aaron Brooks ‏@Thirty2zero 22m

@dmorey hi "

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
4 point guards? Are they trading Lin or what?

Yea it makes no sense... unless Brooks twitter was hacked or he's drunk lol

Heard no rumors of trades lately involving Lin.

"Terry Thompson Jr. ‏@THELEGEND206 1m

@Thirty2zero "you back with the Rockets bro?"

Aaron Brooks ‏@Thirty2zero 42s

@THELEGEND206 "yes boi"

heh

Matrix

How'd he look in the summer league?

He didn't play at all. Had a hurt ankle. So that was worthless hah

"My guess would be that Lin's days are numbered, sadly enough.

Or his account is hacked. Just odd, players don't normally tweet Morey like that either. Plus Lin is out in LA with Harden, Howard and Parsons etc

Matrix

Real...

"Mark Berman @MarkBermanFox26
Guard Aaron Brooks says he is returning to the Rockets after signing a 1-year contract with Houston."

Welcome back AB... again.

Pimpwerx

So the Summer Heatles just beat the Summer Bulls. #18 beats #2 for the first time. Meh. What a dreadful game to watch. Still...suck on that Chicago. :p PEACE.

pilonv1

Let it be noted I was on the Bazemore hype train last summer league

Hey, Williams is an alright rebounder.

I read something the other day about him losing weight and being in awesome shape and how he's taking Adelman's advice to heart. I rolled my eyes.

Magic Williams

Pimpwerx

The D-League team is undefeated. If they win this whole thing, they should replace the worst team in the league.

If the NBA really wanted to stop tanking, they should do it like european clubs. The last place team gets dropped to the NBDL, and the NBDL champion joins the NBA. They should probably get the top pick too. Charlotte would never re-emerge from the NBDL in that case. PEACE.

linsivvi

If the NBA really wanted to stop tanking, they should do it like european clubs. The last place team gets dropped to the NBDL, and the NBDL champion joins the NBA. They should probably get the top pick too. Charlotte would never re-emerge from the NBDL in that case. PEACE.

Too much money involved. Unlike Europe the NBA has to compete with other sports, so any team that got banished to the minor league will lose tons of money.

NBDL should be a proper farm system though instead of the half-hearted effort it is right now.

Top Bottom