• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT2| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Andrea Bargnani

giri

We still improved our winning percentage last year even after losing Harden, but I can agree that we need to make some kind of move to right the ship and create good vibes.

I mean, we could've gone far if YNB hadn't gone down, but I think everyone would feel a lot better if Presti made a move to improve us in the short term and reassure KD that this is where he needs to be.

You got as far as you were going to.

But if Lamb doesn't turn out good, soon, there will be rumblings, becase Ibaka isn't the 3rd player in any "Big 3". And keeping him cost you a hell of a lot.

They need to fix that front court and sooner rather than later. Though i don't know how.

The man who turned the Biogenesis clinic from a quiet investigation in Miami into a national scandal says there are at least "a dozen" more athletes whose names haven't been exposed, and they come from across the sports world.

Porter Fischer, the former Biogenesis of Miami clinic employee who turned boxes of documents over to the Miami New Times last year, declined to name the athletes. But in his first television interview, Fischer told "Outside the Lines" that numerous sports had at least one athlete that received performance-enhancing drugs from clinic founder Tony Bosch.

"This isn't a 2013 thing or a 2012 thing; some of these people have been on the books since 2009," Fischer said.

Fischer said he and associates have identified athletes from the NBA, NCAA, professional boxing, tennis and MMA, in addition to other professional baseball players who have not yet been identified. As far as he knows, he said, Bosch had no clients from the NFL or NHL.

He also said the only sports entity he has ever heard from was Major League Baseball.

Whistle-blower: Not only MLB players

Antonio-Banderas-computer-you-got-me-yospos-reaction-13677939419.gif

NBA can't be reached for comment

Gordon Hayward is making a strong impression on Team USA coaches and teammates.

The 23-year-old Hayward is spending his second straight summer with USA basketball.

“He’s been very impressive,” said USA Basketball managing director Jerry Colangelo. “He’s a very impressive player. He knows how to play. He’s aggressive. He can shoot the ball. He’s made a mark in both camps, last year and this year.”

Hayward has stood out with his all-around play on both ends of the floor.

“That’s what you love about things like this,” said Jazz teammate Derrick Favors. “I know how good he is. I’ve seen him do this stuff in practice every day. But it’s been funny to talk to some of these other guys and see how impressed they are with Gordon this week.”

G Tyme is going to be an Olympian in the future.

That clinic being right there in Miami makes it easy to imagine Wade or Lebron or both juicing. The NBA would never go after them though, there's too much invested in both of them for either to be touched.

Turkoglu's PEDs gave him such a huge advantage

Who's to say he would have even have accomplished what he did in Orlando without them?

That clinic being right there in Miami makes it easy to imagine Wade or Lebron or both juicing. The NBA would never go after them though, there's too much invested in both of them for either to be touched.

Whatever with LBJ and Wade, I just want truth brought to light. We've argued enough about it, just thought I'd post the link as its the first ESPN article I've seen that actually points out the obvious.

Sick of the journalists more than the league. They care about their bottom dollar--it's business. But these reporters put out articles like this and then just leave it instead of actually acting like real journalists and following up.

Pimpwerx

Yes, because Miami is the only place these clinics are located. They aren't located in literally every city in the nation. PEACE.

Many Knicks fans have wondered if Metta World Peace will go back to his original name -- Ron Artest -- now that he's back in New York.

It looks like those fans may get their wish.

World Peace said in a with ClevverNews that he plans to change his name this season, though not legally.

"We are going to do do a name change, but I can't tell you what it is," World Peace told an interviewer with ClevverNews.

World Peace added that he did not want to go through the process of changing his name legally again until he retires. "That's too much work," he said.

So that means he will have "World Peace" on the back of his Knicks jersey this season, but may answer to another name.

The New Yorker formerly known as Ron Artest legally changed his name to Metta World Peace in September 2011. He said at the time that he wanted to "inspire and bring youth together all around the world."
C'mon Artest, I will pay for him to change his name to Tragic Bronson.

Yo Lillard is pretty good,

Didn't get to watch him much except when they played us...and since every point guard baptised us last year I couldn't really tell.

Pimpwerx

Team USA is going to be amazing for years to come. There are so many great shooting points and wings to choose from, and an energy guy like Faried is priceless. All they need are some stretch bigs and there shouldn't be any other country even close. If Spo ever took over as US coach, he'd probably run a strictly 5-out system. PEACE.

Pimpwerx

Who makes the USAB team in terms of guards for 2 and 3? I know point guards are deep as it is.

Klay has to be a lock. His game is a perfect fit internationally. Hopefully Waiters is nowhere near the final team. If you're talking this year, then I assume Harden and Durant aren't playing. From the crop today, I'd take Klay, George, G-Time, Barnes and Parsons. PEACE.

Klay has to be a lock. His game is a perfect fit internationally. Hopefully Waiters is nowhere near the final team. If you're talking this year, then I assume Harden and Durant aren't playing. From the crop today, I'd take Klay, George, G-Time, Barnes and Parsons. PEACE.

That team would get blown out

Top Bottom