• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT2| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Andrea Bargnani

Smokey

I also find the idea of the NBA "squashing" evidence of PED use comical. Silver and Stern aren't all-powerful or anything, and all it takes is one of these clinics getting indicted or one of the players' confidants flipping for a scandal to be blown wide open.

If Bron, Wade, or Kobe is using there's a decent chance it'll come out.

Dudes are out trying to kill that whistle blower. Read that ESPN article. Being chased by 2-3 cars, his car broken into that had docs, they tried to poison his pets etc. That's why he's scared to keep talking.

Gettin real out there miami

KingGondo

Banned
Dudes are out trying to kill that whistle blower. Read that ESPN article. Being chased by 2-3 cars, his car broken into that had docs, they tried to poison his pets etc. That's why he's scared to keep talking.

Gettin real out there in miami
So I guess we know the real reason Bron chose Miami now?

LuchaShaq

Banned
Yeah, lol @ people who think:

A) LeBron is not on PEDs

B) He will ever get busted for it

Dude had an NBA ready body at fucking 16.

Unless you think Gloria was putting roids in his milk.

Besides outside of baseball clowns almost every athlete busted for PED's has used them to recover from an injury not just get jacked so who fucking cares.

I go off the assumption that every NBA player is using PEDs and I don't really care. Genetic differences makes sports unfair already so the "cheating" comments seem weird to me...Maybe that stuff is bad for your health, but so is psychotic obsessive fixation on winning and that gets nothing but praise which is odd to me.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Agreed knux, viewership would go in the toilet for the NBA if its best starts got hit.

It's crazy how many of those "point guards" don't give any fucks about actually creating for others.

As much as I love Kyrie, dudes the definition of style over substance.
Coming from a Wall fan

Scust

Bread

Banned
Why would you ever post a controversial opinion on the gaming side? There's really no point.

Especially one where you're making fun of the people posting in that thread. That's a rookie mistake, smokey should know better.

charsace

Smokey spoke the truth and was banned for it. Dudes have been going hard with the "7gigs for games," thing and now that there is a rumor of the PS4 having 4.5-5gigs only available for games they are back peddling hard. There was nothing in his post that was wrong.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...ge-Raptors-Offense-To-Incorporate-Valanciunas

Dwane Casey plans to change the Toronto Raptors’ offense to get Jonas Valanciunas involved more.

“That’s part of the offense that will change quite a bit because he has developed into the type of player that we can go to on a consistent basis far more than we did last year,” Casey said.

“He’s done a good job this summer not only scoring out of the low post, but of reading defenses, understanding when to pass, when to score, when to attack.

“He’s going to get his big portion of the offence run through him, around him, not only just to score out of the low post, but to quarterback.”

Pimpwerx

That's just the way it is. Thing is though, every single time PEDs gets brought up people come out with the argument of, "well you can't tell just based on this circumstantial evidence, can't judge a guy just because..." and all this stuff is combined with the who's who and it almost always turns out that if it sounds like a duck and looks like one then guess what, it's a duck. It's just an unfortunate byproduct of having to look through such a presumptive lens because history is what it is.

The only reason why I'm as vocal as I am about it is because I'd like to see the dialogue continue, but at the end of the day the NBA just isn't that interested. I think the NFL is going to get there in a couple of years, but the NBA seems a good ways behind.

The main reason I'm so passionate about it though is because I saw what it did to the quality of product in baseball. Look at Bonds, Sosa, Mcgwire and then look at the hitters we have today. It's literally not even close. Not close at all. Those guys honestly look like they came from Marvel in comparison to our best hitters today.

I actually don't think any NBA player is juicing to the extent those guys were. Physically speaking the only guy who's shown the sort of Marvel-esque ability that Mcgwire and Sosa did is maybe LBJ, but even what he's doing right now...that shit wouldn't even be close to the ridiculousness we'd see if he was on that Sosa shit.
Fair points, but what's the end result? Do you enjoy baseball more now or during the big homerun chase a decade ago? If you've ever watched body building, do you watch the regular competitions, or do you limit yourself to the undersized "natural" divisions? Did you enjoy the Tour de France more during the doping days of Indurain, Lance and Lemond, or now? I can't think of other examples, but there are others.

In my case, I liked baseball back then, not now. I used to watch Mr. Universe comps and other bodybuilding stuff when I was younger, and I didn't care much for the natural comps. I liked the Tour much better when the dopers were putting in amazing performances in the mountains and time trials. I find entertainment to be the biggest thing for me, and PEDs have lead to more entertainment IMO. You can't look at baseball's best players now and not think about steroids. Ditto for cycling and bodybuilding. I don't want the sports I actually love tainted by what we all know is a losing war. I don't want my generation of sports stars to be buried under doubt and suspicion instead of reveling in their accomplishments. For that reason, I hope no big names ever get busted in the NBA or NFL. Let baseball destroy its relevance with its misguided witch hunt.

I wonder if Cavs fans still like Waiters over Barnes
Heh. I wonder how they feel about Tristan Thompson over Valenciunas. Val looks like a stud. Tristan is a future journeyman. PEACE.

Fair points, but what's the end result? Do you enjoy baseball more now or during the big homerun chase a decade ago? If you've ever watched body building, do you watch the regular competitions, or do you limit yourself to the undersized "natural" divisions? Did you enjoy the Tour de France more during the doping days of Indurain, Lance and Lemond, or now? I can't think of other examples, but there are others.

I like baseball now more than then, but admittedly I'd probably not like an NBA that lost a lot of its stars to suspension over PEDS.

449x525

Baby Bosh the one who will lead Miami to its 21st consecutive title chilling on the other side of the world

Bread

Banned
He averages one attempt from that distance. That's a horrible datapoint.
isn't that mid range? i'm just looking at the stats that PI was talking about.

relax, you don't have to defend lebron any time you see someone saying something so terrible like "he isn't one of the best shooters in the game"...

chris palmer deleted his twitter and emptied it

http://swishnba.wordpress.com/tag/espn-chris-palmer-exposed/

this article is just wonderful

http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/mia...miami-heat-serves-music-curator-nba-2k14-game

"2K is letting me take control of some important elements in NBA 2K14, including this year's soundtrack," James said. "I love that I'm the first NBA 2K cover athlete to choose the soundtrack."

Some of the songs featured on the game's soundtrack are Drake's "Started From The Bottom," Phil Collins' "In the Air Tonight," Daft Punk's "Get Lucky," featuring Pharrell Williams and Macklemore & Ryan Lewis' "Can't Hold Us," with Ray Dalton. Other music acts featured are Jay-Z, Coldplay, Robin Thicke, The Black Keys, Eminem, Fly Union, Gorillaz, Imagine Dragons, Jada Kiss, John Legend, Kanye West, Rick Ross, Kendrick Lamar, Nas and Puff Daddy.

Top Bottom