• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT2| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Andrea Bargnani

jman2050

Indiana are paper tigers. Their offense is still trash and I doubt that changes much even with a competent ball handler. They gave Miami fits because of specific matchup advantages due to their size and because Frank Vogel is some kind of wizard but even then their chances of winning a series against them is still predicated on one of Lebron/Wade/Bosh being injured. Which isn't beyond the realm of possibility to be fair.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Where would caron get minutes?

He would be the best wing off the Thunder bench.

He would be a good backup on the spurs they don't really have a backup 3 at the moment.

He would be the mavs best wing after Marion/Vince.

Would be the best sf in Sacramento.

I'm ignoring tankers like Lakers/philly/boston etc

Would possibly be the starting SF for the Cavs.

I must be missing other teams.

Caron is overrated, overpaid, and over the hill. He isn't a useless player though.

He would be the best wing off the Thunder bench.

He would be a good backup on the spurs they don't really have a backup 3 at the moment.

He would be the mavs best wing after Marion/Vince.

Would be the best sf in Sacramento.

I'm ignoring tankers like Lakers/philly/boston etc

Would possibly be the starting SF for the Cavs.

I must be missing other teams.

Caron is overrated, overpaid, and over the hill. He isn't a useless player though.
I meant on the Heat.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Do you mean at the same time or just in general? If it's the former, I don't think so. The latter, quite a few. Kobe and his dad. Klay Thompson and Michael Thompson. Rick Barry's 2 sons Jon and Brent have played. Dell Curry and Stephen Curry. Etc

There are tons and tons of 2nd gen NBA players.. Jalen Rose, Danny Manning, Danny Ferry, Kiki, Kevin Love, Damien Wilkins, Gerald Henderson, Sean May, Ronnie Brewer.. and more...

SUPREME1

Banned
Saw Jalen Rose in the lobby on Friday. Looked old, needed a haircut. I said what's up, he hesitantly replied with the same.

Meh.

Flip Saunders met with Nikola Pekovic's agent, Jeff Schwartz, last week as they continue to discuss a four-year contract.

Schwartz also represents Kevin Love.

The Wolves have a four-year, $48 million contract on the table to Pekovic, but a source said he is seeking an annual salary approaching $15 million per season.

Pekovic could sign the $6 million qualifying offer to become an unrestricted free agent next summer.

Max contract Pekovic

Kobe24

Kobe shatters recovery time:

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2013/08/05/bryant-shatters-recovery-timetable/?ls=iref:nbahpts

By Jonathan Hartzell, NBA.com
The ruptured Achilles’ tendon suffered by Kobe Bryant on April 12, 2013 against the Golden State Warriors ended the star’s incredible late-season run. The initial recovery timetable was set at six to nine months. However, recent reports suggest he may be ready to return for not just the start of the 2013-14 regular season, but as early as training camp. While on tour in China, he said the surgery performed was innovative and thus his recovery has been unique.
“The surgical procedure was different […] and because of that the recovery has been different,” Bryant said in the southern city of Shenzhen. “The normal timetable for recovery from an Achilles, we’ve shattered that. Three-and-a-half months I can already walk just fine, I’m lifting weights with the Achilles just fine and that’s different. So we don’t know what that timetable is going to be. It’s kind of new territory for us all.”’
Obviously, this could just be Bryant’s pride and Lakers’ public relations getting in the way of the actual facts. A return to the NBA after only five months of recovery from a devastating injury seems ridiculous for any player and especially ridiculous for Bryant, who is entering his 18th season in the NBA and turns 35 years old on August 23. And the thought becomes absurd when you factor in the additional offensive burden he will need to carry next season with Dwight Howard gone.
But this is still Kobe Bryant. A freak (according to Steve Nash) and one of the most intense competitors sports has ever seen. He returned exceptionally from a knee injury which he received an experimental procedure for in 2011. So while it may be absurd to expect Bryant back from his Achilles injury so soon, it shouldn’t be a surprise.
His return, no matter how quick, should be handled with caution. The career of Isiah Thomas was ended at the young age of 32 by an Achilles injury and countless other players have seen their careers ruined by this injury. The most successful return from an Achilles injury was performed by Dominique Wilkins in 1992. The Human Highlight Reel was in the middle of another All-Star season with averages of 28.1 points and 7.0 rebounds for the Atlanta Hawks before his season was quickly ended by a torn Achilles’ tendon. Wilkins returned the next season to post the highest scoring season of his career with an average of 29.9 points per game. Wilkins has reportedly reached out to Bryant to give advice about the injury. Like Bryant, Wilkins’ main motivation during his recovery was “to prove all the doubters wrong” and he tells USA Today Sports that he rehabbed twice a day, everyday for nine months after the injury.
This is the type of commitment and determination many expect from Bryant this offseason. In an interview with ESPN Brazil earlier this summer, Bryant talked about his friendship with soccer star David Beckham who also suffered an Achilles’ injury in 2010. Beckham was able to return strong from the injury and continued to win championships, which is most likely the main motivation for Bryant, who will return to a Lakers team in dire need of its star next season.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Speaking of injuries.. Which players do you think were robbed of the HoF because of injury.. In my time I think Penny is the player I miss the most and the NBA missed a lot due to injuries.. Grant Hill is a popular choice as well, but I just loved Penny's game..

Speaking of injuries.. Which players do you think were robbed of the HoF because of injury.. In my time I think Penny is the player I miss the most and the NBA missed a lot due to injuries.. Grant Hill is a popular choice as well, but I just loved Penny's game..

Penny, no question. Dude was killing folks.

Terrell Brandon, and most recently, Brandon Roy. ESPECIALLY Brandon Roy. :/

You could toss Alonzo Mourning on the list, but I think he'll make it. Maybe Larry Johnson?

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
I think Grant Hill still gets in because of college and his first few years in Detroit.

I'll always wonder about McDyess.

Injuries killed Grant Hill. It's so sad.

I'd love for him to get in the HOF, but I don't think 5 or 6 years at an elite level is enough. I'd have to recuse myself from voting, because I'm biased as a Duke fan.

Terrel Harris suspended for violating drug policy? What drug is only worth 5 games? PEACE.

Terrel Harris, who was traded from New Orleans to Portland as part of the Robin Lopez deal, has been suspended five games for violating the league’s anti-drug policy, the league has announced.

That is a five games without pay, a suspension that will begin at the start of next season.

This length of suspension is not for a PED use but for a recreational drug. Players are tested six times a year, four in season and two out of season.

Harris had a couple 10-day contracts with the Hornets last season then signed this deal. Harris is on a non-guaranteed contract — he can be waived for nothing before Oct. 31 and for just $150,000 after that. This certainly does not help his cause for making the roster.

If he sticks this would be Harris’ third NBA season out of Oklahoma State, he played his rookie season with the Heat.

lol Harris suspended for smoking some weed

Pimpwerx

Marco_Romo C.R.E.A.M. Olajuwon
Tobias Funke Harris pic.twitter.com/8fshOHAuaR

BFMhEc1CAAExhUo.jpg

I LOL'd. PEACE.

Kobe24

More

Dr. Robert Klapper ‏@DrRobertKlapper
KOBE's return is shattering previous Achilles results and is a Domino effect. By speeding up weight training to Achilles you PROTECT repair

Dr. on radio today said it's due to the newer technique of sewing the tendon back up like they used on David Beckham. He returned 6 months after the injury, about a month earlier than predicted. The newer more aggressive form of repair allows a person to begin rehab earlier

The ruptured Achilles’ tendon suffered by Kobe Bryant on April 12, 2013 against the Golden State Warriors ended the star’s incredible late-season run. The initial recovery timetable was set at six to nine months. However, recent reports suggest he may be ready to return for not just the start of the 2013-14 regular season, but as early as training camp
what the fuck.

what the fuck.
someone in practice should play passionate defense on this fool.

We need to replace his piss sample with one of Viakado's. The shit they find in there will ensure a one year suspension.
my liver doesn't find you funny. but i'll take one for the team.
remember kids, when you start seeing tunnel vision, that means your body is begging you to stop.

linsivvi

The tank is in danger.

The only solution is to send Kobe to the D-league, tell him that there are hundreds of records to be broken there.

Top Bottom