• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT2| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Andrea Bargnani

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I can't believe Dwight didn't sign in Dallas after that video.

Best part was how they went through the teammates and it was just Dirk and some random dude. They couldn't even pick another actual Maverick for Dwight to play with.

I can't believe Dwight didn't sign in Dallas after that video.

Best part was how they went through the teammates and it was just Dirk and some random dude. They couldn't even pick another actual Maverick for Dwight to play with.

lol I was trying to figure out who that extra shadowy figure was

MVP

Banned
What is it with some scrappy little overrated team having one hot series every ten year average and all of a sudden they're a fucking Hall of Fame loaded squad? (Pacers)

I'll be surprised if they even make it past the first round next season, and I'm not kidding. They had their chance and they blew it.

You're joking right? The Heat had the determination to win 27 straight games, while the Bulls during their 72 win season won 18 straight. Jordans Bulls didn't have the determination to win anything more than 18 games?

Why are you the way you are?

What is it with some scrappy little overrated team having one hot series every ten year average and all of a sudden they're a fucking Hall of Fame loaded squad? (Pacers)

I'll be surprised if they even make it past the first round next season, and I'm not kidding. They had their chance and they blew it.

They're basically Memphis East, but with more potential if Granger doesn't blow up the team. They look terrible at times due to their offensive schemes, but the NYK and MIA (#1 and #3 teams in Ortg, respectively) series proved that even good offensive teams can't just blow past them.

NYK got worse, Chicago is unproven until Rose shows he's back 100%, and BK hasn't played a game together yet. The rest of the conference isn't worth discussing.

Pacers are underrated if anything. One of the best front-courts in the game and the best defensive team in the game. Their only weakness is their guard play, which bogs down the whole offense into what they call fuckball around here. A competent point guard would do wonders for them.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
The Pacers wouldn't be the Pacers with an actual offense.

The Yao-less, Mac-less Rockets were a better team.

exarkun

Wanna give a shoutout to the nba-fam. The silly shit going on in the thread made me laugh during my study breaks up to the bar exam and kept me sane-ish.

Then there was this malcom-x looking ass bro with j cole facial hair talking to himself during the test. I thought about slapping the shit out of him, then I remembered Forever and Zues, which provided some levity and I finished strong. Thanks!

dvdjamm

970304_566448630064205_1670680266_n.jpg

Seriously,have there ever been a father/son duo playing in the NBA?

Seriously,have there ever been a father/son duo playing in the NBA?

Do you mean at the same time or just in general? If it's the former, I don't think so. The latter, quite a few. Kobe and his dad. Klay Thompson and Michael Thompson. Rick Barry's 2 sons Jon and Brent have played. Dell Curry and Stephen Curry. Etc

DY_nasty

Teams with Paul George and Roy Hibbert will be great defensively regardless of how well their PG can dribble and make decisions.

Its not fuckball until you're purposefully screwing yourself.

Watch them give Stephenson the reigns this year.

Cipherr

Pacers are underrated if anything. One of the best front-courts in the game and the best defensive team in the game. Their only weakness is their guard play, which bogs down the whole offense into what they call fuckball around here. A competent point guard would do wonders for them.

If they had a better offense they would be a fun team to watch (and probably incredibly dangerous). But man, I cannot watch them as they were towards the middle/end of last season. Its just painful once they get possession of the ball. That Miami Pacers series was just brutal outside of the end of game 1.

DY_nasty

People have such a selective memory when it comes to the Pacers vs Miami

That team is trashbutbetterthantheknicks. They play out every series the long way because they're just weird like that. No one was talking about the nail biter between them and Atlanta this year and Knicks-age drowned out all that Indiana was doing wrong against them because they were too busy bitching about Chandler not carrying the team's interior while he was hurt.

They give Miami fits only because their approach to basketball is just that unorthodox and swagless. Not to mention they troll themselves before Miami can get going so Miami has nothing to feed off of most of the time.

Indiana wins title next year, John Wall is an all-star and leads team to 1st round upset vs Miami. Bobcats with 5th worst record get 8th pick in 7 all-star man draft.

Dy gonna break down.

Its not fuckball until you're purposefully screwing yourself.

Watch them give Stephenson the reigns this year.

If George Hill or Paul George could dribble, then the Pacers would have a normal offense to go along with having an elite defense. The Pacers' defensive scheme is based around closing out very hard on three point shooters and not doubling which is pretty rational and not that confusing. Having George and Hibbert makes that scheme great.

If George Hill or Paul George could dribble, then the Pacers would have a normal offense to go along with having an elite defense. The Pacers' defensive scheme is based around closing out very hard on three point shooters and not doubling which is pretty rational and not that confusing. Having George and Hibbert makes that scheme great.

I don't think you should expect your 6'10 SF to be your secondary ball handler. They should look for another option.

I don't think you should expect your 6'10 SF to be your secondary ball handler. They should look for another option.

Well, that's just a short way of saying that if the Pacers had better ball handlers/shot creators and the same level of defensive personnel, they would be just as good defensively and could be good offensively (which DY doesn't seem to think the Pacers can do).

When did Paul George become 6'10"?

His second year in the league. The Pacers use his without shoes rookie measurements which is why they have him at 6'8.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
ESPNSteinLine
Al Harrington and DeShawn Stevenson, I'm told, officially cleared waivers today to become unrestricted free agents

So is Miami going to sign him?

ESPNSteinLine
Al Harrington and DeShawn Stevenson, I'm told, officially cleared waivers today to become unrestricted free agents

So is Miami going to sign him?

They're probably going to wait until the deadline and hope a better option like Caron Butler gets bought out

Nobody meaningful is going to really be pining for those guys

giri

They're probably going to wait until the deadline and hope a better option like Caron Butler gets bought out

Nobody meaningful is going to really be pining for those guys

I doubt Carons getting bought out if his contract is fully guranteed. Too useful as a throw in in a trade with Gortat.

Top Bottom