• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT2| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Andrea Bargnani

I'm good for now

I'm sorry you had to go into my town and see that there was absolutely shit there lol

But I just got my permit!

have you caught any of the harmful night bugs? I suck ass with the bug catching net and I always miss and get stung lol

Not yet, Ive been kind of an early bird. I was farming the island for awhile.

lol battier
grpltSy.png

Wow awesome the Bulls are playing the Heat during their Ring Ceremony game. I hope it turns out like the last time we played them on opening night at their place :).

Pimpwerx

I think I only counted 15 b2bs. Not bad. Our schedule is easy, save for the road games on holidays.

Just saw that new Blake Nike ad with the pickup game. LMAO! "Can you shoot?" *airball* "Okay, let's go." PEACE.

pilonv1

17 nationally televised games for the Warriors (9 ESPN/8 TNT)

Warriors have 15 back-to-backs on the schedule, which matches the fewest that Golden State has played in a season since the team moved to the West Coast in 1962 (also 15 in 2008-09). The 15 back-to-backs include three road/home, four home/road, and eight road/road.

NBA trying to save Steph

jjasper

Man we really got passed over when it came to the national TV games. Less games than last year and they even dropped the MLK game which has always been on ESPN to NBATV.

Why can't they sell replica's?

The fact that they had the player names as searchable, leading directly to the player jerseys (even without names), just once again demonstrated how NCAA talks out of both sides of their mouths on "unpaid amateur athletics."

And Manziel, er, um, A&M #2, having a jersey that said "Football" on the back was particularly hilarious.

No Nets games in Boston until January is fucking depressing. And the Celtics don't even have anyone worth watching live coming to town until the Clippers in mid-December. NBA knows what's up.

Heat gonna get that work on 11/1 though.

Edit: The only Hawks game during the week I'm in Atlanta? The Magic. Of course.

giri

The fact that they had the player names as searchable, leading directly to the player jerseys (even without names), just once again demonstrated how NCAA talks out of both sides of their mouths on "unpaid amateur athletics."

And Manziel, er, um, A&M #2, having a jersey that said "Football" on the back was particularly hilarious.

They're not suppose to profit off the "amateurs". That a name search was linking directly to jerseys with the correct numbers makes it look like the NCAA is profiting off those names. PEACE.

Eh, thats splitting hairs. If they're allowed to sell the jersey, they should be searchable by name.

If you want to question if they should be selling the jerseys at all, or how that gets divided, different argument.

Eh, thats splitting hairs. If they're allowed to sell the jersey, they should be searchable by name.

If you want to question if they should be selling the jerseys at all, or how that gets divided, different argument.

It's ridiculous though that they can suspend a kid for "breaking rules" by getting money on the side because it's supposed to be about AMATEUR athletics yet they still make money off the kid's name while he's out

Pimpwerx

Jerseys have no names on them. So they are representing the schools, but not the players. Having a search function linking names to appropriate jersey numbers is damning. It blurs the lines of amateurism, which the NCAA uses as a shield to protect their own ass, and as a hammer to bludgeon their indentured labor force. PEACE.

They are a multibillion dollar business. They're in the middle of a lawsuit for profiting off players' likenesses. And meanwhile, they have a store that is searchable off player names.

Well, correct that, they had a store that was searchable by player names. In the middle of Bilas' tweets, they took the search box down. (And actually, it is or was still searchable, as long as you knew what inputs to put directly in the URL.)

But they weren't feeling any heat or anything. No hypocrisy whatsoever.

Johnny M. made millions of dollars for A&M with his play last year...literally. I still can't believe people defend the amateur angle. College players in popular sports that make a bunch of revenue should get a piece of the pie, no question. If people are willing to pay the kid money for his autograph, why is that a problem?

On the topic of uniforms, congratulations NBA teams for having boring, samey samey uniforms.
TsTlNru.jpg

linsivvi

The context is that they suspended a player for selling his own signature.

Smokey

Smokey slipped.

dat autocorrect gonna get ya

Johnny M. made millions of dollars for A&M with his play last year...literally. I still can't believe people defend the amateur angle. College players in popular sports that make a bunch of revenue should get a piece of the pie, no question. If people are willing to pay the kid money for his autograph, why is that a problem?

On the topic of uniforms, congratulations NBA teams for having boring, samey samey uniforms.
TsTlNru.jpg

i hate those rockets uni's and wish they would go to the red/yellow full time.

Branduil

I wonder what kind of unis the Mavs are going to get next year.

I'm not a big fan of teams changing their uniforms every few years.

TsTlNru.jpg

Much cheaper to produce this way.

thekad

Banned
Heh, I just went and checked what mamba was talking about. The Lakers schedule is hilarious. There's a stretch in March which is vs LAC, @ DEN on b2b, then vs OKC, @OKC, @ SAS on b2b, vs SAS :lol

Stern really is trying to hand them Wiggins.

Branduil

TsTlNru.jpg

Good job cherrypicking three teams which wear red.

Anyone knows when they will start selling tickets for the inaugural day? I have vacation on that week and am planning to go to Miami to witness the ring ceremony + Rose's return + Heat showing the world why we will 3-peat! :D

Top Bottom