• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT2| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Andrea Bargnani

Jeff-DSA

Why wouldn't it 'count' Jeff? And 'count' towards what? =]

It doesn't count because Chileans don't play sports that make you jump. So every Chilean I met, aside from the city league basketball players, literally could not contest a shot or jump to shoot the ball. Oh, and the only reason I could dunk is because they installed the baskets incorrectly and they were actually 9' 8" rather than 10'.

And it didn't count towards baller status. I'm still on the lifelong trail, searching.

This was from a couple days ago and prob already posted (idc) but I was pms'ing and didn't want to post in the thread:

Kobe Bryant said that he has "shattered" the normal timetable for recovery from Achilles surgery, and multiple reports suggest that he could play in L.A.'s season opener.

"Three-and-a-half months [after the surgery] I can already walk just fine," Kobe said. "I’m lifting weights with the Achilles just fine and that's different. So we don’t know what that timetable is going to be. It’s kind of new territory for us all." There are no guarantees that he will be ready on opening night, or that the Lakers will let him play six months after major surgery, but his early-season outlook has improved greatly from initial projections.

Told ya

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Who didn't see Kobe rushing back from injury?

I mean, what could go wrong?

linsivvi

This was from a couple days ago and prob already posted (idc) but I was pms'ing and didn't want to post in the thread:

Kobe Bryant said that he has "shattered" the normal timetable for recovery from Achilles surgery, and multiple reports suggest that he could play in L.A.'s season opener.

"Three-and-a-half months [after the surgery] I can already walk just fine," Kobe said. "I’m lifting weights with the Achilles just fine and that's different. So we don’t know what that timetable is going to be. It’s kind of new territory for us all." There are no guarantees that he will be ready on opening night, or that the Lakers will let him play six months after major surgery, but his early-season outlook has improved greatly from initial projections.

Told ya

I thought you were quitting NBA GAF?

You and Kobe could take a lesson on quitting when you're behind.

#protectthetank

Shabazz Muhammad Sent Home From NBA's Rookie Program For Violating Rule, Bringing Female Guest Into Room

Disciplining 32 year old men just because they're with a woman, smh NBA.

Mo Williams, one of the few free agents left on the board, closing in on a decision, source told ESPN.

"I have decided to take my talents to Sacramento because they're literally the only place that would pay me to play basketball."

Blue Devil to help the tank, or whatever it is the Knicks are doing.
They're trying to fill out teh last 2 spots with some minimum vet guys. And the rest of the tweet:
1 source w/knowledge of NY's thinking says it's highly unlikely they sign him.
They needed a guy to work out against Bobby Brown. 2 guards, 2 bigs. (May and DJ White)

EDIT: Whoops, Ian Begley added on that, not Wojo. My bad.

So giving bit players, veterans, international players and undrafted players offseason tryouts for the last spots on the bench is bad now?

NFHUl6Z.png

LOL

So giving bit players, veterans, international players and undrafted players offseason tryouts for the last spots on the bench is bad now?
We both have bad feeling about giving people from Duke a shot. I wish bad things on Chris Duhon though.

It's a moot point since we getting Bobby Brown. I already posted the mix tape, so it has to happen.

After finishing 26th in defense, Ropez is the only guy occasionally interested in defense that the Blazers added in free agency (other than Earl but he won't play).

The addition by subtraction of Hickson will help, but I don't know if they're good enough defensively to make the playoffs.

Why did Mo Williams go to the Blazers? Didn't he say he wanted to start?

It must be that they were willing to either give him a longer guaranteed contract, or more money than the vet minimum or something like that.

santeesioux

Why did Mo Williams go to the Blazers? Didn't he say he wanted to start?

It must be that they were willing to either give him a longer guaranteed contract, or more money than the vet minimum or something like that.

I guess he finally figured out he wasn't going to start? It's only a two year deal like every other guy they signed, so there is some wiggle room if LMA does get traded within those two years.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Mo Williams? The hell? Oh well, worse off-guards you can have. He's not going to be a starter nor the primary PG, so whatever.

Everyone's been saying Mo should be a bench player, and now he is.

Jeff-DSA

Mo Williams? The hell? Oh well, worse off-guards you can have. He's not going to be a starter nor the primary PG, so whatever.

Everyone's been saying Mo should be a bench player, and now he is.

It's nice added depth. He's a guy that can go off for 30 from the bench on any given night as well. And if injuries happen, at least he's not totally incompetent. He's not your first choice for a starter, but he'll keep you afloat.

Heck, playing against second units might be pretty good for him.

The Clippers were a lot better when Mo was injured in 2012 and his efficiency was still pretty bad coming off the bench for them. I don't see him adding anything to the Blazers since he'll just take away minutes from McCollum (who will probably produce at the same level as Mo).

I guess there's not too many other players out there and he's an OK bench player and they did still have money, but it seems pointless other than to lower McCollum's odds of making the all-rookie team.

Kevtones

So Blazers 2nd unit projects:

Mo Williams
CJ McCollum
Dorrell Wright
Thomas Robinson
Meyers Leonard

If Leonard turns any sort of corner, that's pretty good. NO didn't give up a single productive asset from last year, either. Kind of nuts.

Leaves Claver, Freeland, Barton, Crabbe, and Watson for whatever else is left.

Kittens have twice as many nationally televised games as the Suxers do.

Knux am cry.

Suxers have 1 nationally televised game.

Top Bottom