• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT2| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Andrea Bargnani

It's still cherrypicking because you would never have posted that image if it was the Lakers, Heat, and Celtics.

1) If I'm going to point out how boring and similar NBA jerseys can be, it sort of helps to showcase jerseys that are, you know, actually similar.

2) Cherry picking does not mean what you seem to think it does. Particularly in light of the fact that I just told you I didn't actually pick anything there.

3) This is me rolling my eyes at you.

Branduil

1) If I'm going to point out how boring and similar NBA jerseys can be, it sort of helps to showcase jerseys that are, you know, actually similar.

2) Cherry picking does not mean what you seem to think it does. Particularly in light of the fact that I just told you I didn't actually pick anything there.

1) Right, so you wouldn't post my hypothetical picture, because it would contradict your point.

2) You chose to post it instead of other pictures. Maybe you could just call it confirmation bias instead.

3) Glass houses and stones.

1) Right, so you wouldn't post my hypothetical picture, because it would contradict your point.

2) You chose to post it instead of other pictures. Maybe you could just call it confirmation bias instead.

3) Glass houses and stones.

1) The existence of dissimilar uniforms in the NBA does NOT contradict or refute my point at all.

2) No. Instead I'll call it posting a picture from ESPN that shows how incredibly similar the uniforms of three of the most popular teams in the league are. I'm not sure you even know what you are debating at this point.

Branduil

Your argument was that NBA uniforms are boring and samey. To "prove" this you posted one picture with three NBA uniforms. It was a silly argument based on specious evidence and now we're having an even sillier argument about your silly argument.

I'm rolling my eyes at this page
Same we should make it look better

tim-duncan-game-7-missed-lay-up.jpg

That is an awful picture, phee :(

I don't mind the NBA uniforms' lack of originality but I wouldn't mind some freaky Nike shit in the NBA either just to see people's reactions, lol.

Branduil

That is an awful picture, phee :(

I don't mind the NBA uniforms' lack of originality but I wouldn't mind some freaky Nike shit in the NBA either just to see people's reactions, lol.

That period already happened in the NBA, it was called the '90s.

Outside of the Suns, it didn't look good.

Okay, let me dumb it down even further. You mentioned the Lakers in the context of their uniform being different and unique. Trim differences, but the exact same hue.
Fzd9d8q.jpg

evQ3H55.jpg

This holds true for home and away jerseys.
TWpMfXw.jpg

VidzoOc.jpg

Very little creativity.
2VFiK6k.jpg

KlJZTnD.jpg

Hmmm...
EoAKdGY.jpg

yZplKqJ.jpg

Ovj7L7T.jpg

At least they changed the colors on the numbers.
A1vvxRX.jpg

BcRMh8I.jpg

Thought hard on this one, didn't they?
92w6otS.jpg

cz0qVfl.jpg

bqZeqXI.jpg

In conclusion:
R5MS6aG.jpg

NHSgTg4.jpg

Any more I should cherry pick?
Zfd1CTM.jpg

QiVIj7l.jpg

Branduil

Wow, you're still on this?

Those all look pretty different to me outside of the necessary similarities of them all having the team name and player number on them. The fonts, trim, and color design are all different. Also, the Lakers only wear their white on Sunday home games, so that's a silly comparison.

Wow, you're still on this?

Those all look pretty different to me outside of the necessary similarities of them all having the team name and player number on them. The fonts, trim, and color design are all different. Also, the Lakers only wear their white on Sunday home games, so that's a silly comparison.

Deliberately obtuse or color blind? Either way, in order to avoid a stalemate of stupidity, I declare you the winner.

This is me rolling my eyes at you. ;)

Branduil

Yes, some uniforms have similar color schemes. But that happens in every sport. What do you want, rules that every team has to have a unique color scheme? No one is going to confuse the Bulls' uniforms with the Rockets.

masud

Banned
Thinking about going back to Denver in November for the Knicks game. But I don't know if my heart can take it...

vQn36m0.png

Haha, march is going to be a bloodbath for Lakers. League trolling them with OKC, OKC, SAS, SAS in that order. All those national TV slaughters.

Lakers starting off slow before Kobe returns, then March is insane while they're out of the playoff hunt and ripe for an epic tankoff to finish the year.

By far the worst schedule the Lakers have had that I can remember. Both @Den games off a b2b.

Stern is Riggin' For Wiggin!

vQn36m0.png

Haha, march is going to be a bloodbath for Lakers. League trolling them with OKC, OKC, SAS, SAS in that order. All those national TV slaughters.

Lakers starting off slow before Kobe returns, then March is insane while they're out of the playoff hunt and ripe for an epic tankoff to finish the year.

By far the worst schedule the Lakers have had that I can remember. Both @Den games off a b2b.

Stern is Riggin' For Wiggin!
Kobe's gonna be ready for training camp dude.

Bwahahahaaaaaaaha

It's annoying to me that good players on bad teams largely get ignored by the press. There's no other reason why a good, but overhyped player like Harrison Barnes should get so much more attention than MKG. Especially when you keep in mind that MKG put up better regular season stats, is over a year younger, and has bested him whenever they went head to head. I really hope MKG can make a leap with his jumpshot so pundits won't be able to dismiss him as easily in the future.

It's annoying to me that good players on bad teams largely get ignored by the press. There's no other reason why a good, but overhyped player like Harrison Barnes should get so much more attention than MKG. Especially when you keep in mind that MKG put up better regular season stats, is over a year younger, and has bested him whenever they went head to head. I really hope MKG can make a leap with his jumpshot so pundits won't be able to dismiss him as easily in the future.

I know that feel bro

;_;

Try being a heat fan in 2008-09

I know that feel bro

;_;

I feel ya. The Wall/Kyrie coverage disparity irks me too. Kyrie is heir apparent while Wall is completely forgotten. And that shit makes even less sense. Wall has actually proven that he can win. Let's see if Kyrie can do the same before we start showering him with adoration.

Try being a heat fan in 2008-09

It's funny how quickly things change.

Edit: the Warriors are going to be really fun to watch this year. Iggy running the fastbreak with the best collection of shooters on the wing in the league will make for some beautiful basketball.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I feel ya. The Wall/Kyrie coverage disparity irks me too. Kyrie is heir apparent while Wall is completely forgotten. And that shit makes even less sense. Wall has actually proven that he can win. Let's see if Kyrie can do the same before we start showering him with adoration.

inPL9uPhaASan.gif

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 2m
Free agent forward Sean May is working out for the New York Knicks today, league source tells Y! Sports. He played in France last season.

Oh dear god

Please allow this to happen

Bowser

Oh dear god

Please allow this to happen

I hope he gets signed. May was one of my favorite UNC players ever...absolute beast during the stretch run to the title in '05. If only his knees weren't made of marshmellows and he could get his eating under control. He had a couple (literally, I think it was like 2 lol) great games in a Bobcats uni. I still remember when he dropped 32 points on Dwight's head back in D12's 2nd year in the league

Top Bottom