• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT| Lakers started from the bottom, and they still there

Radec

wtfbench8lk4j.gif

Haha, love this reaction gif.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9203345/nba-trade-value-part-2#footnote8

Bill Simmons ranking the top 50 tradable assets in the league.

I understand that this is a really subjective and hard thing to do, but I knew that there was going to be trouble when numbers 46, 45, and 44 were some of the most intriguing young big men in Drummond, Kanter, and Jonas.

He does get points for having Brad Beal at 29--which is kind of shocking but appreciated.

Then he done goofed and places Rubio 3 spots lower than Wall at 25 and 22.

Top 20 has yet to be released. I'm sure top 3 will be LeBron, Durant, and Paul.

It'd be shocking if Kobe was on the list at all at his age and with the injury.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9203345/nba-trade-value-part-2#footnote8

Bill Simmons ranking the top 50 tradable assets in the league.

I understand that this is a really subjective and hard thing to do, but I knew that there was going to be trouble when numbers 46, 45, and 44 were some of the most intriguing young big men in Drummond, Kanter, and Jonas.

He does get points for having Brad Beal at 29--which is kind of shocking but appreciated.

Then he done goofed and places Rubio 3 spots lower than Wall at 25 and 22.

Top 20 has yet to be released. I'm sure top 3 will be LeBron, Durant, and Paul.

It'd be shocking if Kobe was on the list at all at his age and with the injury.

He already said Kobe isn't on the list because of his age, injury AND salary

Celtics on the road is really ugly. Maybe next year we'll see 2 sub .500 teams in the playoffs for the East

There will be one at least. The Hawks are going to drop, and the Bucks could too. I think Boston and Washington will both be above 500 next year though, if they stay healthy.

KingGondo

Banned
Glad to see the Ws win last night and make that a series. I could easily see that series coming back to Denver 3-1 in Golden State's favor.

"In the playoffs you've got to find different ways to win,'' Wade said. "No matter what everybody says on the outside, (Milwaukee) is a good team. They played us very well.''

*brofist*

wade still has a soft spot for the city of Milwaukee. Moral victories... yay!

:(

KingGondo

Banned
really tho, if you give up 131 points at home, you gotta be worried stepping into the Oracle for two games.
And it's not like the Nuggs are a great road team either.

Too bad David Lee had to go down, I have a feeling the Ws are gonna get smacked by the Spurs if they get that far.

Jason Kidd drafted in 1994.

Man goddamn. The sort of talent he's seen come and go is crazy. Hard to imagine he's played against prime Jordan, Kobe and LeBron.

Anyone recommend The Book of Basketball by Bill Simmons??

I have Bill Simmons' Book of Basketball. It's an entertaining read at the very least. It's basically a 3-400 page ranking of the best players and teams. I'm ambivalent towards him as a television personality but I find him to be a fun writer. I haven't picked up FreeDarko's Undisputed Guide to Pro Basketball History but I do have the Macrophenomenal Sports Almanac which is pretty hilarious (though a little out of date at this point).

What a beautiful morning, gentlemen.

Anyone see any good games yesterday?
Why yes! Yesterday I saw the Knickerbockers of New York have a rousing match against the Celtics of Boston. One of the highlights was when Earl Smith Jr. stepped to his left side and threw up the orange rubber globe from 12 yards away for 3 scores as the timeclock ran out in the 1st session. Smashing event it was!

T Dollarz

The Book of Basketball is my favorite book I've ever read. Then again, I love Bill Simmons' humor and almost always agree with his basketball analysis, so yeah.

KingGondo

Banned
I bought that last year, but I still haven't read it yet.
Give it a go. And then cry knowing that after the debacle that is the book's era, the Blazers missed out on MJ just a few years later and have never reached their previous heights.

In other news:

Daily Thunder said:
The biggest on/off statistical impact defender for OKC? Hasheem Thabeet. On, OKC's rating is 94.6. Off, it's 100.3.
HASHEEM THE DREAM = DPOY!

Emwitus

Bill simmons said:
Rajon rondo's 2012 playoff averages, in case you forgot: 19 games, 42.6 minutes, 17.3 points, 11.9 assists, 6.7 rebounds, 2.4 steals, 47% FG, 22.0 PER.3 I'll take my chances here.

F the haters!

Emwitus

Glad one game against a white hot shooting team exposed not only the Nugs but the entirety of George Karl's career. It wasn't his best game, but even the best coaches have bad games or even series. Whatever at least three games left to make it right.

Klay + curry are 40, 45 perc from 3. The nuggets best bring some defense the next time. Curry was what? 1 for 9 in game 1? Obviously the warriors won't shoot lights out like that again but y'all better be part of the reason why they don't.

Klay + curry are 40, 45 perc from 3. The nuggets best bring some defense the next time. Curry was what? 1 for 9 in game 1? Obviously the warriors won't shoot lights out like that again but y'all better be part of the reason why they don't.

He was 1-9 in the first half and 6-10 in the second half of game 1. Curry is a legitimately consistent scorer. It's the rest of the team that I'm worried about. Klay is due for a bad game and Harrison Barnes has been even less consistent.

Bread

Banned
I haven't been able to watch either Celtics game in full so far, but I saw the middle half of the game last night at Foxwoods.
Fuck, I don't know what's going on with this team. KG looked so good earlier this season, his age is really showing. I'm confident they can get a couple of wins in Boston, so this series is far from over, but god damn. They looked good in the first half, they were running up the floor and killing the Knicks in transition. Props to Woodson, he's a damn good coach.

balddemon

Banned
No, that's impossible. He ruptured the achilles. He can't even rehab it until the playoffs will be over. he'll be in his boot that long.

apparently he's been jogging. so. yeah.

hmm that might be bullcrap, when I asked my friend where he got that quote he just gaveme this link: http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/nba/lak/
Kobe posted on Instagram that he has "zero swelling and virtually no pain," and that really shouldn't surprise anyone at all. He's now going to be in a boot for "some time," and Bryant is still targeting the start of the 2013/14 season to return to action.

Top Bottom