• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT| Lakers started from the bottom, and they still there

Vahagn

So Harden is shooting 44% from the field this season. He's shot 40% from the field for the last two months. He's a career 44% shooter. Yet is lauded for his efficiency?

TheKad, "you have some splaining to do"

So Harden is shooting 44% from the field this season. He's shot 40% from the field for the last two months. He's a career 44% shooter. Yet is lauded for his efficiency?

He and Kobe have the same efg%. Harden has a better TS% by virtue of more FTs.

I finally got the Command and Conquer giant ass bundle on Origin, lol. I think the only games I've really done are the originals and RA2. Is there one in particular I should try?

Vahagn

He and Kobe have the same efg%

Sure, but the same people who call him an "efficient" scorer call Kobe a "volume" scorer.

Kevin Durant and Lebron are efficient scorers. Monta Ellis is a volume scorer. Kobe, Harden are neither.

Edit: If eFG is the same but TS is different that means either: there is a significant difference in FT% or one player uses up more team possessions to shoot free throws. Kobe and Hrden shoot roughly the same %. Harden isn't more efficient because his increase is at the cost of more FT opportunities, Not a higher conversion rate.

Batongen

Banned
Ok, I don't care which team you suggest but I need to change/pick a new sport to recover from the chronic depression my other sport is giving me (football/soccer). So, any team in NBA I should support?(and give me a VERY good argument why)

balddemon

Banned
Ok, I don't care which team you give suggest but I need to change/pick a new sport to recover from the chronic depression my other sport is giving me (football/soccer). So, any team in NBA I should support?(and give me a VERY good argument why)

cavs
they just hired coty mike brown

Sanjuro

I haven't been able to watch either Celtics game in full so far, but I saw the middle half of the game last night at Foxwoods.
Fuck, I don't know what's going on with this team. KG looked so good earlier this season, his age is really showing. I'm confident they can get a couple of wins in Boston, so this series is far from over, but god damn. They looked good in the first half, they were running up the floor and killing the Knicks in transition. Props to Woodson, he's a damn good coach.

KG looks fine to me, don't really see the issue there. Offensively there isn't much going on. There is nobody that can take that game over (or attempting to), so everything is coming across pretty forced.

Again, it doesn't help that the team doesn't have a PG. Again, again, and again, NO POINT GUARD. I'm enjoying the series. Feels exactly the same as last year minus Rondo.

Ok, I don't care which team you give suggest but I need to change/pick a new sport to recover from the chronic depression my other sport is giving me (football/soccer). So, any team in NBA I should support?(and give me a VERY good argument why)

Nuggets, we need more nuggets fans. They're also a fun team to watch, an underdog team, and are good enough to matter.

Clips fans are severely underrepresented on the board. They have the Point God and the most exciting Power Forward in the NBA, and the guy with the best shake and bake in the NBA.

Vahagn

Ok, I don't care which team you suggest but I need to change/pick a new sport to recover from the chronic depression my other sport is giving me (football/soccer). So, any team in NBA I should support?(and give me a VERY good argument why)

Wolves, great coach + the most exciting passing PG in the league, a great PF, and the ability to score 105-110 a night when healthy in flashy fashion.

jjasper

Clips fans are severely underrepresented on the board. They have the Point God and the most exciting Power Forward in the NBA, and the guy with the best shake and bake in the NBA.

They have the least likable owner, announcers, and players in the NBA what do you expect?

charsace

Harden is efficient based off of his TS. TS is a better indicator of player scoring than fg is.

They have the least likable owner, announcers, and players in the NBA what do you expect?

Lawler is awesome, and Griffin and Paul are popular.

Stop hating when you have Randolph on your team, who is eminently unlikeable and is a real life thug.

You guys also enabled the Lakers to get two championships, so we still can blame the Grizz for that too.

DTS can't live forever.

Lawler is awesome, and Griffin and Paul are popular.

Stop hating when you have Randolph on your team, who is eminently unlikeable and is a real life thug.

You guys also enabled the Lakers to get two championships, so we still can blame the Grizz for that too.

I don't think a lot of people like Cp3 or griffin because of their on court demeanor. I mean, I'm a huge fan of CP3 and was touting Griffin since his real rookie year here, but even I'm fed up with it. Griffin is close to becoming the next Wade in that sense (but unlike Wade he has a personality and I like his commercials).

Lawler is a confirmed racist while Griffin and Paul are disgusting floppers who spend more time trying to bait officials than simply playing the game

and CP3 was one of my favorite players in the league in 2008

Root for the OKC Thunder.

Pros: Night in and night out, we're the most exciting young team in the league. You have two dynamic players who play the game in completely different styles. Kevin Durant is calm, efficient, collected, and the second best player in all of basketball. Russell Westbrook is a frenetic maniac who attacks the basket as hard as anyone since Allen Iverson. Both are locked up into long-term contracts and will be getting better every year. We also have the leagues' leading shot-blocker (Serge Ibaka/Chewbacca) who has been known to karate chop fools in the nuts. Our bench is very strong...well above average. We're considered a small-market team, but I'd argue the fanbase is better than most major markets. Fans show up and sell out the arena consistently. They also travel well. Whatever country you're located in, you should have little trouble seeing Thunder games televised. I know that was a big factor for me when I first starting following the EPL many years ago...makes no sense to pull for a team that you'll never actually get to watch play (settled on Tottenham, btw). Across the board, OKC is a great team.

Cons: On the downside, our coach doesn't get a lot of love. He's very average, and some would say below average. Many on here question whether we ever win a championship with him (I say we do). We also start a player named Kendrick Perkins, who looks like he's in serious pain every time he runs down the court. Westbrook is one of the most polarizing players in the league. Lots of people HATE him with a passion. I think he's amazing, but your mileage may vary. He goes on streaks when he's unstoppable, then turns around and shoots us out of a game. Also, we're not as good as the Miami Heat, so if you're one of those guys who always roots for Manchester United, I'd rather you hop onto their bandwagon instead. If you're overseas, you'll likely have less opportunities to catch a Thunder game on TV than, say, a Lakers or Heat game. That is until the playoffs roll around, at which point the Lakers don't show up past the first round. ;)

I don't think a lot of people like Cp3 or griffin because of their on court demeanor. I mean, I'm a huge fan of CP3 and was touting Griffin since his real rookie year here, but even I'm fed up with it. Griffin is close to becoming the next Wade in that sense (but unlike Wade he has a personality and I like his commercials).

People just like to hate the Clippers now that they're successfuly and threatened by their success. It doesn't fit the narrative of the old worthless Clips. People were bashing the Clips back then when the most offensive person on the team was Sam Big Balls Cassell.

People just like to hate the Clippers now that they're successfuly and threatened by their success. It doesn't fit the narrative of the old worthless Clips. People were bashing the Clips back then when the most offensive person on the team was Sam Big Balls Cassell.

No, it's because of the flopping and whining they do.

I don't remember people hating the Cassell-Brand clippers in 2006. I actually really liked that team.

CP was more successful in Nola and his flopping was disgusting there too. BG was pretty well liked around here until he started flopping heavily.

Its not hating because of their success, their success has made The Clippers easier to watch, but the more you watch the more you notice their shitty on court personalities.

I don't think "I hate player X cause he whines too much!" should ever be a reason to hate someone

Your favorite players and team also whine a lot too when they feel jobbed

I don't think "I hate player X cause he whines too much!" should ever be a reason to hate someone

You can also recognize those who do it more than others. I say that as a Kobe/Laker fan. DWade's a bitch bro, deal with it.

jjasper

I think the flopping is more the problem and the whining when the ref doesn't bite than just the bitching about getting a bad call.

You can also recognize those who do it more than others. I say that as a Kobe/Laker fan. DWade's a bitch bro, deal with it.

I'm not Vag and Konex; not every post I make has a hidden agenda

I'm just tellin yall to chill out with hating on some player when your favorite player does/would do/has done the same shit

I'm not Vag and Konex; not every post I make has a hidden agenda

I'm just tellin yall to chill out with hating on some player when your favorite player does/would do/has done the same shit

I still think degree and consistency should be taken into account. It'd be stupid not to.

I still think degree and consistency should be taken into account. It'd be stupid not to.

Unfortunately we don't have an advanced metric for this

Something like usage rate of a player multiplied by the number of fouls actually drawn divided by number of times they whined should exist

For all you know DeMarcus Cousins could be the most efficient whiner in the league

Miami Heat. 2 championships in the last 8 years with more coming ;)

Plus we got the best player in the world playing with a REALLY good sidekick

Unfortunately we don't have an advanced metric for this

Something like usage rate of a player multiplied by the number of fouls actually drawn divided by number of times they whined should exist

I'd support that, along with a flopping stat. But as of right now, guys get reputations for good reason usually.

Kobe complains whenever he doesn't get his way, CP and Blake flop like they're competing in a secret bitchmade contest.

Poetry-takes-many-forms.-Image-via-r-NBA.jpg

In DFW people here call Duncan's look the "deer in the headlights" face

But no, there seriously should be a stat of "Number of times you complained and allowed a basket on the other end" there really is no measurement for this

Top Bottom