• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT| Lakers started from the bottom, and they still there

LeBron was second in Dpoty voting. He;s getting that shit next year.

Also, it seems that KD is quite the lebron fan and wants to be really efficient.
sports illustrated said:
"I don’t watch a lot of other basketball away from the gym,” Durant says. “But I do look at LeBron’s box score. I want to see how many points, rebounds and assists he had, and how he shot from the field. If he had 30 points, nine rebounds and eight assists, I can tell you exactly how he did it, what type of shots he made and who he passed to."
Durant and James take flak for their friendship, but it is based on a mutual appreciation of the craft. They aren’t hanging out at the club. They are feverishly one-upping each other from afar. “People see two young black basketball players at the top of their game and think we should clash,” Durant says. “They want the conflict. They want the hate. They forget Bird cried for Magic. A friend was getting on me about this recently, and I said, ‘Calm down. I’m not taking it easy on him. Don’t you know I’m trying to destroy the guy every time I go on the court?’ ”

Durant has hired his own analytics expert. He tailors workouts to remedy numerical imbalances. He harps on efficiency more than a Prius dealer. To Durant, basketball is an orchard, and every shot an apple. “Let’s say you’ve got 40 apples on your tree,” Durant explains. “I could eat about 30 of them, but I’ve begun limiting myself to 15 or 16. Let’s take the wide-open three and the post-up at the nail. Those are good apples. Let’s throw out the pull-up three in transition and the step-back fadeaway. Those are rotten apples. The three at the top of the circle — that’s an in-between apple. We only want the very best on the tree.”

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Dwight howard laughs

mj-laughing.gif

Go home Emwitus you're still drunk

jjasper

Ibaka is at best the third best defender on his team yet continues to be near the top in DPOTY voting. Him being above Allen, Noah, and Duncan is shameful.

Okay, Duncan finishing 6th in DPotY voting doesn't really make any sense. He's definitely top 3, wtf.

Since 2003, the only individual awards the Spurs have won are Manu's 2008 6th man of the year, and Pop's 2012 Coach of the Year. All while winning championships and 50+ a year. 10 years of dominance. 2 awards.

Thats remarkable.

And Manu has only been on 2 all-star teams (compared to Joe Johnson's 6), Timmy has never won DPOTY, and Parker has continually been left out of the ranks of the league's top PGs.

giri

Since 2003, the only individual awards the Spurs have won are Manu's 2008 6th man of the year, and Pop's 2012 Coach of the Year. All while winning championships and 50+ a year.

Thats remarkable.

And Manu has only been on 2 all-star teams (compared to Joe Johnson's 6), Timmy has never won DPOTY, and Parker has continually been left out of the ranks of the league's top PGs.

fuck.gif

thekad

Banned
To be fair, the Spurs players don't put up great stats partly due to how few minutes they play.

Duncan played less than Tony Allen who gets 6th man minutes.

Rockets starting 5 tonight: Beverley, Lin, Harden, Parsons and Asik.

smith out, bev in

i like this
Harden guarding Ibaka? Why not just start Delfino?

Batongen

Banned
I think Miami Heat is too much bandwagon for me, and I still want to suffer, so they are out of the discussion. Tragicomedy has made the most lengthy and complete argument so far, so I think I'll stick with OKC Thunder - CHAAAAARGEEEE!

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I think Miami Heat is too much bandwagon for me, and I still want to suffer, so they are out of the discussion. Tragicomedy has made the most lengthy and complete argument so far, so I think I'll stick with OKC Thunder - CHAAAAARGEEEE!
lol

Igladius

Neo Member
Can't wait to see if Nash is going to step back to '05-'06 tonight. I don't see why else the Lake Show doesn't give Blake more of his mins.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Beverly on Westbrook is good, but Harden on Ibaka is asking for trouble even though Ibaka sucks.

Yeah he sucks thats the point.

Rockets have no chance of winning if they settle for a half court game running Harden isos. They have to push the pace hard early. That and Smith sucks.

Welcome aboard! The boat sets sail again tonight in 13 minutes...let's do this.

BTW: Who is your football team? Mine is River Plate, but in Europe I follow Tottenham and whatever magic Messi happens to be doing at that particular moment.

For real??? Seattle Gaf is gonna hate youuuuuuuuu

Batongen

Banned
Welcome aboard! The boat sets sail again tonight in 13 minutes...let's do this.

BTW: Who is your football team? Mine is River Plate, but in Europe I follow Tottenham and whatever magic Messi happens to be doing at that particular moment.

The bestest of the best that is now the enemy of my porch has a stake in my FT team - Liverpool - so this will be an awkward but pleasant experience at the same time.

Batongen

Banned
Naw we busy trying to steal our own team

Just think picking a team with maybe the 2nd best player and the runner-up to the chip isn't bandwagon as hilarious

Hey, everything I pick is bound to be bandwagon at this point, but I never saw one post recommending Seattle - so shame is on you.

Top Bottom