• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT| Lakers started from the bottom, and they still there

BobLoblaw

Banned
Just heard about YNB. Gaddamn. Durant can finally get more touches (if he demands it). Still, awful news for Thunder fans all around (even though they weren't gonna chip this year anyway).

Houston has to win 4 out of 5 games. Okc without ynb is still better than Houston.

If this happened before the series started then yeah Houston would have had a chance. Too late now though.

I pretty much agree with you. We'll have to see if the Thunder are at all shook by the injury though. And this also requires decent coaching to fill the minutes out. Talent wise, I'd still pick the Thunder, but if Fisher gets all of Westbrook's minutes...

Westbrook is hurt?

So basically this playoffs is pointless, and we should just hand MIA the trophy now.
I mean, it was essentially like this before, but now...ugh.

Every team is banged up except MIA, and its only real issue is Wade's allegedly balky knees (which will invariably hold up, because nothing will be allowed to happen to them).

Well, at least the legend of Durant as perfectly-efficient superscoring weapon above Carmelo might be destroyed here, since now he will be the lone target of defenses designed specifically to stifle him as the only real top scoring threat.

thekad

Banned
Westbrook is hurt?

So basically this playoffs is pointless, and we should just hand MIA the trophy now.

Every team is banged up except MIA, and its only real issue is Wade's allegedly balky knees (which will invariably hold up, because nothing will be allowed to happen to them).

Well, at least the legend of Durant as perfectly-efficient superscoring weapon above Carmelo might be destroyed here, since now he will be the lone target of defenses designed specifically to stifle him as the only real top scoring threat.

Durant shoots 54% from the field without Westbrook.

Westbrook is hurt?

Haven't watched the Thunder much this year. How is Kevin Martin, really?

Spurs are recovering.
Lakers are broken.
Nuggets are hurting.
Warriors are hurting.
Thunder are hurting.
Rockets are hurting.
Boston is broken.
Chicago's been broken since 2012.

The only healthy teams out there are the Clippers and the Heat, as far as I'm aware of. Knicks are healthy right now, and I have no idea about Indiana.

Emwitus

Imagine the meltdowns in laker land if clippers get all the way to the finals and win..........

I'd probably never show my face on best gaf again.

Nori Chan

I would love if clippers win the championship. That means no thunder, spurs, or heat victory.

also i'm pretty sure adam will get banned before it happens so it'll be instantly better

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
You know OKC had that great backup PG from VCU

then they traded him and got Derek Fisher :|

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
You dismiss the Thunder like Worstbrook mattered in all the Spurs/Thunder matchups.

Well I guess he mattered by not covering TP in the first game of the season. I'm sure some competent d-league point guard wouldn't leave his assignment on an inbound play.

Emwitus

You know who i want to win a championship? Memphis. Actually, that's my pick. You can quote me on that. Nothing would be more satisfying to watch heatles go through a flash back beat down by memphis with a throw back to the pistons/lakers 04 series.

You know who i want to win a championship? Memphis. Actually, that's my pick. You can quote me on that. Nothing would be more satisfying to watch heatles go through a flash back beat down by memphis with a throw back to the pistons/lakers 04 series.

I assume the Celtics part of your brain posted this.

Cipherr

Miami to get two asterisk rings in a row

How would winning against the Spurs who were always a contender for making it out of the West be an asterisk???

I ask this question being fully aware that people would claim it to be an asterisk no MATTER the outcome for any number of made up reasons..... but Im curious..

Miami beat OKC in 5 last year, with the 5th game being a blow out, and dominated the regular season series this year.... I would have expected the Spurs to match up much better against the Heat than OKC.

Haven't watched the Thunder much this year. How is Kevin Martin, really?
ahahahhahahahahhhahah.

Seriously, was in contention for 6th man but not doing too well right now.
Spurs are recovering.
Lakers are broken.
Nuggets are hurting.
Warriors are hurting.
Thunder are hurting.
Rockets are hurting.
Boston is broken.
Chicago's been broken since 2012.

The only healthy teams out there are the Clippers and the Heat, as far as I'm aware of. Knicks are healthy right now, and I have no idea about Indiana.
Oh no they're not. Tyson due to missing all those games with a disc problem has been rusty as hell. Prigioni played Game 2 at "75-80 percent" after missing Game 1. They had to resign a few guys due to two guys retiring due to injuries, they may not be as broken as the teams you listed but healthy they aren't.
Because what NBA gaf needs is pages and pages of:

POP BOTTLEZ

PIPE

EADEADEADEAD
oh the delicious irony.

Rose, Kobe, Westbrook, prince, dirk, love. Granger, gallinari, Bynum, Nash.

All these players not in the playoffs this year. Sad.

Dirk shouldn't be on that list. His team just didn't make it. Although, if he hadn't been hurt/rusty during the year and if Cuban hadn't traded the core for signing Mayo, thDirk would probably be playing right now

balddemon

Banned
who is prince and why is he on this list

WCzBzuK.jpg

Damn that's rough. His frustration after the play makes even more sense now, he def felt that tear and probably just didn't want to say anything so he could stay playin' the rest of the game.

fertygo

How would winning against the Spurs who were always a contender for making it out of the West be an asterisk???

I ask this question being fully aware that people would claim it to be an asterisk no MATTER the outcome for any number of made up reasons..... but Im curious..

Miami beat OKC in 5 last year, with the 5th game being a blow out, and dominated the regular season series this year.... I would have expected the Spurs to match up much better against the Heat than OKC.

So what?

NYK/IND ain't beating miami anyway but if tonight Chandler or George blew their knees, its cheaping the fuck of miami title, that's the point.

Enjoy your easy title parade, congrats.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
So what?

NYK/IND ain't beating miami anyway but if tonight Chandler or George blew their knees, its cheaping the fuck of miami title, that's the point.

Trust me when I say, Miami and its fans will not give one fuck about getting a "cheap" championship. Only bitter losers (or fans of losers) cheapen someone's title.

So what?

lol but let's not pretend like they weren't likely going to roll over everyone in the east and okc if okc got there

I'm pretty resigned to the fact that the Heat are probably going to threepeat.

I just hope that somehow LeBron will feel some sort of interest in the challenge of going back to Cleveland to bring them a ring rather than go for the 4peat and lock himself into the Heat long term.

Giving us an asterisk if we chip this year is just ridiculous. Did Lebron cause Westbrook to tear his meniscus? Did Wade secretly pay Barnes to fuck Kobe's Achilles? Did Bosh suck someone's dick to gimp Ginobli and Parker???

balddemon

Banned
Giving us an asterisk if we chip this year is just ridiculous. Did Lebron cause Westbrook to tear his meniscus? Did Wade secretly pay Barnes to fuck Kobe's Achilles? Did Bosh suck someone's dick to gimp Ginobli and Parker???

are you a raptors or heat fan or both

btw the answer to the last question is probably yes

Vestal

I'm pretty resigned to the fact that the Heat are probably going to threepeat.

I just hope that somehow LeBron will feel some sort of interest in the challenge of going back to Cleveland to bring them a ring rather than go for the 4peat and lock himself into the Heat long term.

didn't you hear? Mike Brown is back in Cleveland 5 year deal...

Bron to Cleveland summer 2019.... BELIEVE!

Top Bottom