• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT| Lakers started from the bottom, and they still there

PBY

Banned
Giving us an asterisk if we chip this year is just ridiculous. Did Lebron cause Westbrook to tear his meniscus? Did Wade secretly pay Barnes to fuck Kobe's Achilles? Did Bosh suck someone's dick to gimp Ginobli and Parker???
Don't engage the trolls man. People forget that we beat the best of the east 2 years ago, and had to deal w Bosh getting hurt.
I'm pretty resigned to the fact that the Heat are probably going to threepeat.

I just hope that somehow LeBron will feel some sort of interest in the challenge of going back to Cleveland to bring them a ring rather than go for the 4peat and lock himself into the Heat long term.
He's not going back to that clownass organization.

As someone who doesn't want Miami to win (since i hate Wade and Ray), you cannot give an asterisk for injuries. This happens all the time. KG hurt in '09, Bynum in '08, Malone in '04, Duncan and Ginobili the last few years, Cassell in '04, etc etc.

Injuries are an unfortunate but accepted part of the game. Asterisks only count for lockouts.

Giving us an asterisk if we chip this year is just ridiculous. Did Lebron cause Westbrook to tear his meniscus? Did Wade secretly pay Barnes to fuck Kobe's Achilles? Did Bosh suck someone's dick to gimp Ginobli and Parker???

No, but if they did I'd be willing to count it as a real title. That's a lot of hard work. Not for Bosh tho, that's just a weekend.

As someone who doesn't want Miami to win (since i hate Wade and Ray), you cannot give an asterisk for injuries. This happens all the time. KG hurt in '09, Bynum in '08, Malone in '04, Duncan and Ginobili the last few years, Cassell in '04, etc etc.

Injuries are an unfortunate but accepted part of the game. Asterisks only count for lockouts.

you still never mentioned who "prince" is

unless you're talking about tayshaun being a non factor

diehard

Fleer
Well good thing they have Hard..I mean Martin to fill his spot.

annie61rpj7.gif

Lakers won a title in 2000 when Duncan tore his knee in round 1. People need to stop the stupid Heat hate. If you want to dig you can probably find injuries that affected every playoff since the beginning of time.

PBY

Banned
Lakers won a title in 2000 when Duncan tore his knee in round 1. People need to stop the stupid Heat hate. If you want to dig you can probably find injuries that affected every playoff since the beginning of time.

Real recognize real.

Its not shocking that its the fans of teams that never win that are throwing salt and asterisks. Its cool, I don't mind a salt shower if we get a chip.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Sean May getting hurt changed everything

Owzers

Just heard about YNB. Gaddamn. Durant can finally get more touches (if he demands it). Still, awful news for Thunder fans all around (even though they weren't gonna chip this year anyway).

same, just found out about it, i thought he was just a little shook from it but not injured. One espn write-up made it sound like OKC didn't know he was injured either, just skipping a day of practice. I doubt the Thunder were going to beat the Heat , i still want to see a Clippers/Heat playoffs just for something different this year than watching the Heat destroy the thunder again.

i think you mean to say when we get our third chip

/cockyheatfan

careful with the "when."

One torn Lebron ACL away from a potential Memphis-Indiana Finals classic.

Said it before, saying it again in light of the YNB injury.

Miami Heat are first ever Back to Back Asterisk Champions.

So the Lakers in 2000 didn't got an asterisk too, as Ninja pointed out? Or 2009?

Somebody should go ahead and make a list of all the teams in NBA history who have lost their 2nd best player to injury during the playoffs and went on to win the title.

tumblr_inline_mhobdlAHXT1qz4rgp.gif

Vahagn

No one's saying Miami ain't the best team in the league. They are. But the gauntlet's every other champion has had to go through doesn't compare to the Miami heat chips.

What Dirk went through in 2011 was harder than the last 3 years of Miami Heat Playoff Basketball combined.

So the Lakers in 2000 didn't got an asterisk too, as Ninja pointed out? Or 2009?

LA beat Spurs 4 years out of 5 from 2000-2004. And it ain't just one person this year. It's Rose, Kobe, YNB, Rondo, Amare, Granger. The first or second most dangerous player on 6 teams. 4 of which are in the East.

The only way to even the playing field would be if Wade went down. in 09 LA played a healthy Nuggets, Jazz, and Orlando team. Rockets were the lone exception.

Is there evidence that LeBron ever hated Mike Brown tho?

Spo doesn't seem much different than Mike to be honest. He just has a ridiculous amount of talent to work with.

PBY

Banned
Is there evidence that LeBron ever hated Mike Brown tho?

Spo doesn't seem much different than Mike to be honest. He just has a ridiculous amount of talent to work with.

Not only the coach. Why would he want to go back to that organization run by Dan Gilbert? Who basically comic-sansed himself out of any chance of bringing Lebron back.

Vahagn

myth building right there

C'mon son. Healthy LA, Healthy OKC, Healthy Miami. Miami played a healthy Chicago once in 3 years, A healthy Boston once in 3 years, and a healthy Indiana once in 3 years.

How you comparing the runs?

Edit: And Dallas beat all 3 of those teams giving up home court advantage. No comparison.

C'mon son. Healthy LA, Healthy OKC, Healthy Miami. Miami played a healthy Chicago once in 3 years, A healthy Boston once in 3 years, and a healthy Indiana once in 3 years.

How you comparing the runs?

Edit: And Dallas beat all 3 of those teams giving up home court advantage. No comparison.

Dallas swept the shit out of LA, OKC clearly wasn't ready to make the jump (They were a team that beat the younger Grizz and an annual choke in the Nuggets), and Miami was in their first year

The Lakers fucking sucked in the playoffs then and they still do so to act like LAL and OKC was hard ass competition is false. Miami would have equally smacked the shit out of those teams that same year

Dallas played well in the finals and deserved to beat Miami, but let's not act like they went through Goliath round after round. lol did you forget that miami was down in a lot of their series over the past two years

I'm not even quite sure what the fuck we are really arguing, all I'm saying is that you can't suddenly act like Miami hasn't had to play shit when in their first year they were 50/50 underdogs or so to Boston AND chicago. then they had to deal with bosh for a lot of last year

PBY

Banned
Dallas swept the shit out of LA, OKC clearly wasn't ready to make the jump (They were a team that beat the younger Grizz and an annual choke in the Nuggets), and Miami was in their first year

The Lakers fucking sucked in the playoffs then and they still do so to act like LAL and OKC was hard ass competition is false. Miami would have equally smacked the shit out of those teams that same year

Dallas played well in the finals and deserved to beat Miami, but let's not act like they went through Goliath round after round. lol did you forget that miami was down in a lot of their series over the past two years

I'm not even quite sure what the fuck we are really arguing, all I'm saying is that you can't suddenly act like Miami hasn't had to play shit when in their first year they were 50/50 underdogs or so to Boston AND chicago. then they had to deal with bosh for a lot of last year. only until the finals were people really jumping on their bandwagon

Don't do this to yourself man.

AirBrian

Those Mavs-OKC games were very close though. That series could've easily went the other way. That 4-1 is very, very misleading.

Vahagn

Assuming Lebron would freeze up in the Finals against them. no Miami wouldn't. Fisher could guard 2011 Finals Lebron.

Yea, Miami was down when they played a healthy Boston team, a healthy Chicago team, and a healthy Indiana team. But like I said, they only played a healthy Chicago team once...and a Chicago team much like your definition of OKC "Clearly wasn't ready"

They played a healthy Boston team last year, and got to 7 games. And a healthy Indiana team last year, and had a serious danger of losing.

Now imagine Rose doesn't miss 2 playoffs. Granger doesn't miss 2 playoffs. Rondo doesn't miss 1 playoff series and break his elbow in another.

All you're saying is backing up my point. The teams Miami struggled with, they only had to play once in 3 years due to injuries. Asterisk. Title.

Top Bottom