• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT| Lakers started from the bottom, and they still there

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
did you forget that miami was down in a lot of their series over the past two years

lets be real ph33ph33

miami played like immature biotches each time. all of their wounds until the finals were self-inflicted. wade's bitchassness, spo's powerlessness, bosh's skirt, lbj's deference, lol bench, etc

fortunately, they played in the east until they reached the finals

Emwitus

I'm pretty resigned to the fact that the Heat are probably going to threepeat.

I just hope that somehow LeBron will feel some sort of interest in the challenge of going back to Cleveland to bring them a ring rather than go for the 4peat and lock himself into the Heat long term.

LOLs NO!

Emwitus

Lakers won a title in 2000 when Duncan tore his knee in round 1. People need to stop the stupid Heat hate. If you want to dig you can probably find injuries that affected every playoff since the beginning of time.

Like kobe being a shell of himself in 2011. Jus saying lol

Emwitus

East 2 years ago had the MVP and Bawston with their Big 3.

Nope. Getting fitted for dat trifecta. KA KAWWW. WE ARE THE CHAMPIONSSS.

Yes, after bitchmade wade broke the hand of their fourth.

who will stop them next year?

Uhhm let's see

Indiana

Chicago

Knicks

Or retooled boston.

The last time a team tried winning their third championship thru a fourth route to the finals they got swept. That wear and tear of those back to back to backs will eventually catch up to miami. You can count on that.

I think this is wrong. LA won in 2001, 2002 and 2004. You are also leaving out that Spurs beat Lakers in 1999 and 2003.

Nope

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
JJ Barea did.

At the top of a zone so Marion and Chandler could both be ready to help as only they could as a part of some of the most mobile help defense the league has seen in a while...

also, Fisher has been dead for the past 4 years

I would say the NBA really needs to take the current rash of injuries seriously and look at common denominators as to what is causing them. I don't remember ever seeing anything as I have seen the past few years in regards to injuries in the past. You never saw guys dropping like flies to serious injury back in the 90s.

Maybe its the shoes like someone posted a few months back. Maybe its the exercise regimen players are put through now a days to maximize certain aspects of their bodies.. Who knows.. But someone should find out.

Since we´ve played 82 games like forever, and since star players have averaged more minutes in the past, i have to say that weight lifting is the enemy. Players are bigger and stronger, and it seems like they are pushing it too hard on the physical side, which ends up with them breaking down too often.

Yes, after bithmade wade broke the hand of their fourth.

Uhhm let's see

Indiana

Chicago

Knicks

Or retooled boston.

The last time a team tried winning their third championship thru a fourth route to the finals they got swept. That wear and tear of those back to back to backs will eventually catch up to miami. You can count on that.

Nope

Boston isn't going to be retooled to compete with them right away. Chicago maybe,lets see how Rose comes back.

Vahagn

At the top of a zone so Marion and Chandler could both be ready to help as only they could as a part of some of the most mobile help defense the league has seen in a while...

also, Fisher has been dead for the past 4 years

That same zone wasn't doing nothing on Wade who averaged like 30 a game that series. Lebron just froze up that series, especially in the fourth quarters. It wasn't the brilliant defense.

Maybe Lebron freezes up against LA, maybe he doesn't. But that was some jedi mind trick, not the zone that stopped him.

All you're saying is backing up my point. The teams Miami struggled with, they only had to play once in 3 years due to injuries. Asterisk. Title.

It's also saying a lot that in these 'asterisk' years that the Lakers have been a complete embarrassment, so thanks for further emphasizing that

That same zone wasn't doing nothing on Wade who averaged like 30 a game that series. Lebron just froze up that series, especially in the fourth quarters. It wasn't the brilliant defense.

Maybe Lebron freezes up against LA, maybe he doesn't. But that was some jedi mind trick, not the zone that stopped him.

...who gives a shit about Wade? The defense was setup to fuck Bron and Bron alone and it barely worked.

He was mindfucked because of the D. Why am I responding? Fuck the Lakers.

This thread took a predictable turn. Trolls out in full force. It's so stupid because many think OKC would be an easier matchup for the heat than other western teams.

Vahagn

It's also saying a lot that in these 'asterisk' years that the Lakers have been a complete embarrassment, so thanks for further emphasizing that

That's like saying Detroit or LA was a complete embarrassment in 92 and 93...Teams get old dude. Their time passes. Magic Lakers won in 80 and 88. Jordan Bulls in 91 and 98, Kobe Lakers in 2000 and 2010. You can't dominate for more than a decade before you start losing in the second round.

LA had the 2nd and 3rd best record in the West in 2011 and 2012. That's how teams fall off after their time is done.

Rose aint stopping shit with his phantom pain

I think the Harden, Durant, Westbrook trio was too talented to lose to Miami three times in a row, but that's out the window now.

No other team has the talent. Threepeat incoming.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Somebody should go ahead and make a list of all the teams in NBA history who have lost their 2nd best player to injury during the playoffs and went on to win the title.

tumblr_inline_mhobdlAHXT1qz4rgp.gif
Magic's rookie year immediately comes to mind

I think the Harden, Durant, Westbrook trio was too talented to lose to Miami three times in a row, but that's out the window now.

Unless Chicago pulls off a nice trade, I completely agree.

I'm not going to sit here and act like YNB getting hurt is the reason the Heat are going to take the chip again. They've been on their way to the title since Kobe got hurt.

Vahagn

Besides, all lockout years are asterisk titles. You've been around NBA GAF to know that. What Miami did last season by beating a healthy Indiana, Healthy Boston, and Healthy OKC while missing Bosh for a while was remarkable. You needed heroic performances by Bron and Wade in Indiana and Boston to pull off that chip.

Compared to that, this year though is a farce and you know it.

Emwitus

Injuries will stop them eventually. Like i said, you don't go to three straight finals without breaking down some bodies. Those minutes will eventually take there toll. See pau/kobe and lakers after third trip.

PBY

Banned
Besides, all lockout years are asterisk titles. You've been around NBA GAF to know that. What Miami did last season by beating a healthy Indiana, Healthy Boston, and Healthy OKC while missing Bosh for a while was remarkable. You needed heroic performances by Bron and Wade in Indiana and Boston to pull off that chip.

Compared to that, this year though is a farce and you know it.

You really are amazing at throwing out all kinds of shit and creating these blackholes to get you sucked into. Not this time Vag, not this time. Gj ge doe.

MooseKing

Banned
I'm not going to sit here and act like YNB getting hurt is the reason the Heat are going to take the chip again. They've been on their way to the title since Kobe got hurt.

Miami would have regardless. Kobe could be 100 percent 28 year old Kobe and the Heat would still shit on the Lakers.

Injuries will stop them eventually. Like i said, you don't go to three straight finals without breaking down some bodies. Those minutes will eventually take there toll. See pau/kobe and lakers after third trip.

The Lakers history is proof that a threepeat can happen for the Heat.

They went through 3 straight finals and didn't break down until the 4th playoff run where they collapsed. Also, Pau and Kobe played in the olympics as big contributers which added to the fatigue. LeBron is unbreakable, younger, and nobody else from the Heat played in the Olympics.

The Lakers won the chip in their third attempt.

Also, the Heat are deep. They can lose either of LeBron and Wade and still chip.

They went through 3 straight finals and didn't break down until the 4th playoff run where they collapsed. Also, Pau and Kobe played in the olympics as big contributers which added to the fatigue. LeBron is unbreakable, younger, and nobody else from the Heat played in the Olympics.

Also, the Heat are deep. They can lose either of LeBron and Wade and still chip.

I think he means next season it will catch up with them like it did for Lakers in 2003 and 2011

And no they cannot lose Lebron and chip. Not at all.

Vahagn

I would love for this to happen.

That would be our fourth attempt. I can't recall the last team to go to four finals in a row, so just getting there will be tough. Dallas screwed everything up this should have been our three peat.

Next year I expect something to go wrong, probably an injury. And if lebron is out there is no chance we win anything.

AirBrian

Did everyone forget staying healthy is part of winning a title??? Enough with the * bs

Exactly. Staying healthy is part of it. Hell, if Dirk didn't miss 27 games the Mavs would be playing right now instead of Houston or LA. But fact of the matter is injuries are part of it, and the better teams have a bench that can handle it, or at least make the water from gushing out to only trickle out.

Enough * talk. Except for any 2006 Heat * talk. Please, continue with those discussions.

Wade, Bosh and Ray Allen trio is still better than the East.

Things get hairy against who comes out of the West, but I think they'd put up a fight.

PBY

Banned
I can smell the fear all the way in NY. Melo is gonna lose the MVP, but win the title.
cm57OQh.jpg

He isn't that good yet. His jumper and handle are still too shaky.

Fuckball

Is

Coming.

Yall should be terrified. Seriously, I don't understand this at all.

Top Bottom