• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT| Lakers started from the bottom, and they still there

J2 Cool

God. Just read about Westbrook. So sick of injuries. Robbed us of Kobe, Rose, Rondo and Westbrook among others. Totally changes the landscape of the playoffs and what's worth watching. I'm not going to be able to take this two-peat without some rolling of the eyes, despite them most likely taking it regardless. Just so disappointing. Gotta be one of the worst stretches of injuries the league's suffered to stars. This new nba's future seemed too bright a couple years ago.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Nope

We getting 1

#rednation

All we need is Beverley to take out more stars and we will win it all.

Cant stand Westbrook, but feel bad for okc fans and hate to see players get hurt.

#rednation #Believerley!

Canuck76

Banned
Just heard about YNB. Gaddamn. Durant can finally get more touches (if he demands it). Still, awful news for Thunder fans all around (even though they weren't gonna chip this year anyway).

Oh once they lose in the 2nd round i'll be very interested in what the YNB hate force has to say.

PBY

Banned
Oh, and for the record-

Ima be torn as fuuuck when the Knicks play the Pacers.

I want the meltdowns... and I know that the Knicks will prob lose... BUT I'll prob root for yall, because Fuckball (TM) terrifies me.

charsace

Oh, and for the record-

I want the meltdowns... and I know that the Knicks will prob lose... BUT I'll prob root for yall, because Fuckball (TM) terrifies me.

You more scared of the Knicks than you are Indy that's why you want them to lose.

Oh, and for the record-

There wont be a meltdown if they lose,most would be happy to get out of the first round here. Also pacers ain't shit, don't get why heat fans are afraid.

Some Heat fans seem to forget Knicks split with the Pacers, while one of the games Pacers won Carmelo didn't play.

If they face each other it'll be a great series.

charsace

There wont be a meltdown if they lose,most would be happy to get out of the first round here. Also pacers ain't shit, don't get why heat fans are afraid.

They scared of the Knicks. They talk about regular season don't matter, but they are praying Indy knocks the Knicks off because they ran Miami off the court more than once. And the last time Knicks did it their home court was silenced, fans running for the exits in the third because Melo got in that ass. I like the 4th quarter shots of Lebron and Wade sulking as Carmelo was dropping bombs.

ny_r_carmelo-anthony_mb_576.jpg

My man's hungry!

I want to believe in the Knicks :(

For Carmelo to be the only ringless one of that prestigous draft class, and then to literally beat all three of them together at once

Carmelo would become greater than Michael Jordan in my eyes

PBY

Banned
Some Heat fans seem to forget Knicks split with the Pacers, while one of the games Pacers won Carmelo didn't play.

If they face each other it'll be a great series.
Regular season doesn't mean shit
They scared of the Knicks. They talk about regular season don't matter, but they are praying Indy knocks the Knicks off because they ran Miami off the court more than once. And the last time Knicks did it their home court was silenced, fans running for the exits in the third because Melo got in that ass. I like the 4th quarter shots of Lebron and Wade sulking as Carmelo was dropping bombs.

ny_r_carmelo-anthony_mb_576.jpg

My man's hungry!

Like the time we went into MSG, fucked around for 3 quarters, and dropped an L on your ass after being down huge? I don't know how to explain this to you, but you'll see when you play the Pacers- fuckball suuuucks. Any way that the Heat don't need to face that makes me very happy.

Jeff-DSA

I want to believe in the Knicks :(

For Carmelo to be the only ringless one of that prestigous draft class, and then to literally beat all three of them together at once

Carmelo would become greater than Michael Jordan in my eyes

I've been busy lately, and I've let my sarcasm meter get low on charge. This is sarcasm, right?

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Westbrook, wow. I hate on him with the best, but never wished a season ending injury on the dude.

so, uh... Free Jeremy Lamb!

No one wants to see Indy try to play basketball and NY is a much better matchup for Miami.

Indy could potentially steals a couple Ws from Miami, NY would be lucky to get 1.

Holy shit Russell Westbrook is actually injured? Damn, he was unbreakable.

Who did Lebron sell his soul to to get this lucky? He's basically being handed championships.

this turned out to be a very dull season

the only thing interesting was seeing the lakers crash and burn and dwight howard revealing himself as a total system player

charsace

Regular season doesn't mean shit

Like the time we went into MSG, fucked around for 3 quarters, and dropped an L on your ass after being down huge? I don't know how to explain this to you, but you'll see when you play the Pacers- fuckball suuuucks. Any way that the Heat don't need to face that makes me very happy.

So we ran you guys out of the gym more than once and you win a close game and think that means more? You gonna turn it on like the Celtics were supposed to in the first round even though we owned them during the regular season?

No one wants to see Indy try to play basketball and NY is a much better matchup for Miami.

Indy could potentially steals a couple Ws from Miami, NY would be lucky to get 1.

They've played a few times this season. NY has shown they can beat them. Faton will jank and roll all over Mediocre Mario and Always Cole.

PBY

Banned
So we ran you guys out of the gym more than once and you win a close game and think that means more? You gonna turn it on like the Celtics were supposed to in the first round even though we owned them during the regular season?

Well now you're talking like you should be the favorites against the Heat. The Heat could turn it down and still win in 5.

I've been busy lately, and I've let my sarcasm meter get low on charge. This is sarcasm, right?

eh, Dirk jumped like a million spots on my GOAT list by beating Wade and Bron

if Melo pulls it off I won't put him above Jordan but I'm going to do the same for him as I did for Dirk.

Indy could only muster 2 games against Miami last season with Bosh missing the entire series, basically.

This year Miami is healthy, Wade and Bron are better (let's not forget Wade struggled versus Indy due to his knee), they are deeper with Birdman and Allen, granger is gone and Hibbert is worse this year.

Sorry, but Indy would be lucky to get 1 win. Yes, they will slow the Heat down on offense but Indy would be lucky to score 85 in a game.

New York is better suited. They have a go to player that forces Lebron away from being a help defender, they shoot the 3 ball (which is still 1 of the Heats only weaknesses on D) and are a low turnover team.

They'd still lose, but they have a better chance than Indy.

So... regular season doesn't matter, but for that ONE GAME it matters. Ok.

I love dicussing things with Heat fans. Or trying to.

PBY

Banned
Indy could only muster 2 games against Miami last season with Bosh missing the entire series, basically.

This year Miami is healthy, Wade and Bron are better (let's not forget Wade struggled versus Indy due to his knee), they are deeper with Birdman and Allen, granger is gone and Hibbert is worse this year.

Sorry, but Indy would be lucky to get 1 win. Yes, they will slow the Heat down on offense but Indy would be lucky to score 85 in a game.

New York is better suited. They have a go to player that forces Lebron away from being a help defender, they shoot the 3 ball (which is still 1 of the Heats only weaknesses on D) and are a low turnover team.

They'd still lose, but they have a better chance than Indy.

My brain agrees with you, but my heart is still scarred from last year.

charsace

Well now you're talking like you should be the favorites against the Heat. The Heat could turn it down and still win in 5.

I'm not a sports caster motherfucker. I don't have to pretend the Knicks will get swept by the heat like everyone else does. The Knicks beat Lebron and his squad twice. They only got win from the Knicks and it was a close one. The Knicks don't feed their fast break game like other teams do and that's why they beat the heat up this season. Tun it on and off is bullshit talk. Anyone that believes the heat were ok with losing any games is an idiot.

PBY

Banned
So... regular season doesn't matter, but for that ONE GAME it matters. Ok.

I love dicussing things with Heat fans. Or trying to.

Regular season does not matter. But if he's gonna cherrypick examples just wanted to say that there was a counterexample.

Wait
I'm not a sports caster motherfucker. I don't have to pretend the Knicks will get swept by the heat like everyone else does. The Knicks beat Lebron and his squad twice. They only got win from the Knicks and it was a close one. The Knicks don't feed their fast break game like other teams do and that's why they beat the heat up this season.
I need to start saving this shit to bust out when we drop you in 4.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
The fact that one of the big keys to determining which team will win a championship rests on Russell Westbrook is... Yeah, fuck this league. Shameball all around.

charsace

Regular season does not matter. But if he's gonna cherrypick examples just wanted to say that there was a counterexample.

Wait

I need to start saving this shit to bust out when we drop you in 4.

What am I cherry picking? The team played 4 games. The Knicks took 3 of the 4 games. How am I cherry picking? Oh wait, I'm not so STFU. And save it you stupid cum dumpster. And when you lose post all of it so that I can wet your jawbone punk.

Into

Kobe Bryant, Derrick Rose, Steve Nash, Rajon Rondo, Dirk Nowitzki, Pau Gasol, Kevin Love, John Wall, Ricky Rubio, Eric Gordon, Andrew Bynum, Danny Granger, Amar'e Stoudemire, Danilo Gallinari, Chauncey Billups, Andrew Bogut

*sigh*

A shame, many of those guys played in the Olympics, barely any rest. Perhaps 82 games is too much

Miami got really lucky, but you never know, if Bron goes down it changes the entire landscape, suddenly Spurs and Knicks could find themselves in the finals, maybe Clippers even

Ohhhhh shit lol.
But he's not making that argument, you are. You're the one who can'tuse regular season examples. Chars (and I) do believe regular season does have an impact on the playoffs in most cases, perfect example is this Boston/NY series.

Top Bottom