• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT| Lakers started from the bottom, and they still there

KG was really young in 1998, the Wolves were terrible defensively (to the point where I wouldn't see the controversy in saying that KG hadn't developed fully defensively), and 2013 Durant's scoring numbers smash 98 KG's to an absurd degree

2013 Durant: 28.1 PPG, 64.7% TS%
1998 Garnett: 18.5 PPG, 52.7% TS%

I'm confused by this comparison other than for pure trolling sake. 1998 KG was still young and not as great as would be good. 2013 Durant is all-time great.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
So Westbrook, Ibaka, and Martin suck. And surely you'd agree Perkins and Fisher sucks.

So basically the Thunder are awesome because of Durant, Thabo, and Collinson and that's it.

Yes.

comparing WB to Starbury is silly. WB is still really efficient in comparison.

How old are some of you?

Player A: 23.9PPG, 44.1FG%, 32.8 3PT%, 79FT%, 22.7PER, 23 years old
Player B: 23.2PPG, 43.8FG%, 32.3 3PT%, 80FT%, 23.9PER, 24 years old

Who's who?

Check the edit. Marbury was 23, Westbrook is now 24.

SO?????

Well, considering that your argument for "these players today suck so much" is that the 1998 Wolves were mediocre, it seems pretty fair to actually compare this year's versions of Westbrook and Durant to how Starbury and KG were in 1998.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Well, considering that your argument for "these players today suck so much" is that the 1998 Wolves were mediocre, it seems pretty fair to actually compare Westbrook and Durant to Starbury and KG in 1998.

Do you read everything at face value?

Cipherr

That is because i know nothing is guaranteed in life. You Miami fans act like teams can't even get a game off you.

Nahh its not about that....

The Heat better hope they don't see the knicks. I believe they will and a lot of heats fans a re going to be sad that they have to keep their champagne on ice.

Its when you start rambling off shit like THAT.... Trust and believe that the Knicks have the heat on their mind more than the Heat have the Knicks on their mind. Pretending that ain't the case is ridiculous.

Returning champs that shit on the Knicks in the post season last year, with the best record in the league and the MVP get to be a little pumped/cocky mane...

In a series between the Heat and the Knicks, the Heat would be favored. That doesn't mean the Knicks winning is impossible, just means that it wouldn't be surprising if they got wrecked in 5.

MVP

Banned
Is "without even trying" code for stern?

Right because the Heat are the first exciting team the league wants to see eviscerate the opposing team 27 games in a row. Yep, Stern had them going down by 28 or whatever it was against the janitor team, and bully their way back.

Sanjuro

7lHUEMO.jpg

RIP DJ

giri

WoW, YNB out.

Will be REALLY interesting to see how he comes back. Guy lives and dies by his athleticism so much.

Also, i like the Nike Kobe Commercial, It's a little cheesy, but they did a good job with it. Nike are pretty good with their PR.

J2 Cool

Kobe Bryant, Derrick Rose, Steve Nash, Rajon Rondo, Dirk Nowitzki, Pau Gasol, Kevin Love, John Wall, Ricky Rubio, Eric Gordon, Andrew Bynum, Danny Granger, Amar'e Stoudemire, Danilo Gallinari, Chauncey Billups, Andrew Bogut

David Lee, Russell Westbrook

WoW, YNB out.

Will be REALLY interesting to see how he comes back. Guy lives and dies by his athleticism so much.

Also, i like the Nike Kobe Commercial, It's a little cheesy, but they did a good job with it. Nike are pretty good with their PR.

It's his meniscus, relax.

Just opened espn.com to see the Westbrook injury. I never even saw it happen. That's pretty crazy. Sorry OKC fans. It does significantly improve the Clippers' chance of making the WCF, but I hate to see it happen like that.

Uh all this Miami got lucky crap. We are going to win regardless of who is in front of us. Hell combine all your half injured teams into one super team and we will still win.

The heat are by far the best team in the NBA. It's not even close. I understand this makes it easier and more boring, but it will not be the reason why we win.

Emwitus

Uh all this Miami got lucky crap. We are going to win regardless of who is in front of us. He'll combine all your half injured teams into one super team and we will still win.

The heat are by far the best team in the NBA. It's not even close.

You don't even beat a team with durant, westbrook and dwight.

giri

Uh all this Miami got lucky crap. We are going to win regardless of who is in front of us. Hell combine all your half injured teams into one super team and we will still win.

The heat are by far the best team in the NBA. It's not even close. I understand this makes it easier and more boring, but it will not be the reason why we win.

Well, no, i'm pretty sure a team with a C rotation of Marc, Bogut, Dwight would cause you some problems, especially with TD @ PF, durant at SF, harden @ sg, and CP3/Conley/Steph at PG.

sucks about YNB but I have no idea why people are blaming that on Beverly. He was going for a steal.

ynb even did the same shit in Game 1 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjWrjQpNBsA

They're just looking for someone to blame, it was a legitimate play thats done a lot in the NBA. Sometimes, players just get unlucky. YNB has done a lot of dumb shit over the years throwing his body around.

Obviously I was over exaggerating but you get my point. I much rather play a full healthy team than this. I am confident we could beat any team in the NBA, even when they are fully healthy. It sucks ass that we may not get to play the best competition because of this but again that isn't the heat's fault.

Cut the BS: Miami would have beaten us in the finals either way. That's honesty speaking. There's no asterisk if they win this year. Whether or not you like the concept of stacked super teams (and I don't), they're the best the NBA has to offer right now. Injuries notwithstanding, they're going to repeat.

Having said that, we had a fairly clear run to the finals with our full squad healthy. Things look a lot shakier now without Russell, to the point that either a Clippers/Grizzlies matchup or the Spurs could be hard to pull off. Even with home court locked up, losing Westbrook was catastrophic.

We'll get by Houston on depth and talent alone, but who knows after that. It's Durant's time to really step up and shine. This will be a good test of my theory that he could have easily locked up the scoring title if he jacked 4-5 more shots per game. He's talented enough to still get us into the finals if Chewbacca and Martin step up their games. I'm cautiously optimistic, but it's probably not going to happen.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Sorry to hear about Westbrook thunder-age. I wonder how he will change his game now that he has been injured. His style was so physical it might force him to alter his approach and maybe he will become a better overall PG.

Also Heat-age are not a lock but its funny to see there fans start to act like they are.... It reminds me of the lakers-age in the offseason.

Now hopefully I get to see the Knicks go up 3-0 over the celtics

Also doesnt Westbrook rep AdIDAS? Cause I can see a correlation to everything if he does.

Sorry to hear about Westbrook thunder-age. I wonder how he will change his game now that he has been injured. His style was so physical it might force him to alter his approach and maybe he will become a better overall PG.

Also Heat-age are not a lock but its funny to see there fans start to act like they are.... It reminds me of the lakers-age in the offseason.

Now hopefully I get to see the Knicks go up 3-0 over the celtics

it's funny to see there fans

by there fans did you mean everybody who knows the nba

Top Bottom