• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT| Lakers started from the bottom, and they still there

Emwitus

I never quite understood why they started doubling melo in the third game when their issue was offense more so than melo. You can never shut down someone like melo either way. No coincidence that they suffered their worst loss of the series after that adjustment. Doc rarely doubles offensive players too, huge mistake.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Again, getting burned on a risk/reward strategy because of the offensive load he's carrying and/or sagging in to help the other guard contain penetration does not make him a "joke" on defense. Kobe might not be an All-D player at this stage but he is not getting murdered off the dribble or in the post like actual bad defenders. Why can't you haters see the OBVIOUS difference?

Yes the risk reward of not playing defense.

HOLY SMOKES you are hilarious.

Again, Woodson not having a good 1st half. Not playing White (more familiar with the defensive rotations and in FAR better shape) or Cope to offset the loss of Smith is killing the Knicks. So many defensive breakdowns, not to mention 12 turnovers giving the Celts extra possessions. And with no legit second scorer Celts are just loading up on Carmelo once he starts his move so he can't pass if he wanted to.

The funny thing is, Knicks were only down 10-12 with 2:00 minutes left. That's fine going by the series, but GOD at the last few minutes... the Jeff Green coast-to-coast drives, the Pierce 3's... that killed the Knicks.
Celtics have been poop all series but it is mind boggling how good Bass has played Melo in ISO situations the whole series.
You mean in this game.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Man...fuck! The Knicks are going to likely lose tonight.

And I have an opera on May 1st, so I won't see game 5. FUCK! I knew this would happen.

Thanks a lot, JR

19 points is a pretty deep hole to climb out of

if they win today then congrats for not being completely embarassed i guess. but if melo heats up in the second half we can come away with this. just gotta get within 10 by the 4th.

Wouldn't it be poetic if the first team to come back from 3-0 would be Boston against New York.
how
19 points is a pretty deep hole to climb out of

if they win today then congrats for not being completely embarassed i guess. but if melo heats up in the second half we can come away with this. just gotta get within 10 by the 4th.
Woodson gonna have to make a shitton of adjustments, namely STEP IN FRONT OF JEFF GREEN AND TAKE A CHARGE.

how

Woodson gonna have to make a shitton of adjustments, namely STEP IN FRONT OF JEFF GREEN AND TAKE A CHARGE.

yeah playing quentin over cope or white was pretty stupid. i just got home but was felton attacking the paint as usual? we need more of that.

putting people in front of green would be nice. woodson should look at a mirror and give himself the stare lol

LuchaShaq

Banned
Didn't it happen to the Red Wings vs the Penguins also?

Redsox in baseball.

None in NBA.

Don't know shit about Hockey but I googled it

Maple Leafs in 1942 vs. Red Wings (Stanley Cup Final)
Islanders in 1975 vs. Penguins (2nd Round)
Flyers in 2010 vs. Bruins (2nd Round)
Canadiens 2010 vs. Capitals (1st Round)

masud

Banned
This series is not over. It's totally possible Celtics age. Get emotionally invested.

This game is over though, I'm going to sleep. JR gonna lay that vengeful pipe in MSG on Wednesday.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Redsox in baseball.

None in NBA.

Don't know shit about Hockey but I googled it

Maple Leafs in 1942 vs. Red Wings (Stanley Cup Final)
Islanders in 1975 vs. Penguins (2nd Round)
Flyers in 2010 vs. Bruins (2nd Round)
Canadiens 2010 vs. Capitals (1st Round)

Mets vs Cardinals in 2007 NLCS.

Cardinals were down 3-0, and won.

Top Bottom