• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT| Lakers started from the bottom, and they still there

Staying up for these games is gonna be a nightmare but woooo was that exciting!

VDN is still an idiot. Why put in Turiaf? Dude hasn't played like the last 4 months since Hollins has taken over and he played like trash today. And half court sucks blah blah blah, we won yay

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
holy shit , just got back from the staples center... I was apparently on tv all night. my friends kept texting me that they saw me. that clippers crowd is crazy and the atmosphere was great. if I lived out here I would go to quite a few games.

couple things

Crawford is a beast with the dribble
Zbo plays the most old man ymca ball I have ever seen in my life, b ut it works. when he isn't fouing.
blakes jumper is ugly as shit
the girls that work in the staples center are hot... the lady host with that comes out every commercial can get it. even though she is a butterface without makeup im sure.

What play? In game 1? I missed this.

It was from a regular season game on Shaq's segment on TNT.

McGee scrambles for the ball, grabs it & runs full steam ahead with a behind the back dribble & he then started losing his balance & falling down after so. He jacks the ball way into the seats on his way down & slides head first into TY's knee's. Knocking him down like a bowling pin.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Haha. Lawson just lays there thinking about how he just saw his whole career pass by his eyes and McGee doesn't even know.

linsivvi

I don't think having Rudy Gay would help at all, it's just that Prince is not the answer either. At the end of the day, superstars win games in the playoffs, and that's what CP3 did.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Yeah his 7-22 would help a lot.

try 7-16 on average.. considering that they have no wing players that people have to worry about, and their bench scored 11 total points.. yeah his offense would have helped a lot. But good post tho

2d6R0Cy.gif

If the Grizz lose this series Tony Allen is definitely gone if he wants to sign for more than 5 million per, and ZBo could be too if they can find a good offer. Use the cap space to go after JR Smith or Reddick.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
If the Grizz lose this series Tony Allen is definitely gone if he wants to sign for more than 5 million per, and ZBo could be too if they can find a good offer. Use the cap space to go after JR Smith or Reddick.

why would you guys go after JR Smith and your whole organization hated Gay's style of play. JR whole career has been just Rudy Gay at the 2 guard

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

They should keep Allen and trade Zbo.

And not get JR Smith or Reddick.

Zeus Molecules

If I was memphis I would try to trade Zbo for Evan turner and Thaddeus young while that organizations is in disarray and still desperate for a half decent big to claim is their star

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
uhh the whole idea of trading zbo is to dump salary and to get back some actual talent.

that trade achieves the former and not the latter.

Zeus Molecules

uhh the whole idea of trading zbo is to dump salary and to get back some actual talent.

that trade achieves the former and not the latter.

where are you going to get that for a 31 year old ZBO?

those 2 kids don't suck either. They just been in hell with Collins and a organization that would trade its only decent piece for Bynum. Evan will be the SF of the future and Thaddeus can is a solid player who can d spots of PF. I could see Philly doing it too because a healthy (lol) bynum and zbo would wreck the whole East inside of the paint.....

Conley should have been helping on thatplay when there was 2 seconds left wtf

eh, Crawford probably shoots like 50% from that corner and can fire it off in half a second. Draws 4 point plays there on the super regular.

Edit: The Grizz are a cautionary tale of what bad management can do to a team that should be super successful.

With the picks that team had, we could be talking about a team that could have been competing for chips in the same vein as OKC.

This could have been their roster

Conley, Harden, Gay, Love, Gasol.

And it's not even one of those miracle hindsight sort of scenarios either. All they had to do was stick to their board and avoid the Thabeet pick that everyone and their mothers new was going to be a disaster.

KingGondo

Banned
And it's not even one of those miracle hindsight sort of scenarios either. All they had to do was stick to their board and avoid the Thabeet pick that everyone and their mothers new was going to be a disaster.
Yeah. It's not like Thabeet has been terrible, but he's a career backup period.

That team with Harden would be devastatingly good. The biggest thing they're missing is an efficient guy to carry the scoring load, and it's not like Harden's defense is terrible (especially when you pair him up with other good defenders).

bionic77

Trade for Pau because the Gasol brothers would be crazy dominant
Pau is done as a dominant player. He can't do it every night anymore.

He still has value, but anyone that pays him like he is a top 15 player will regret it.

His perfect situation was being able to score when he was in great position and having Kobe handle the rest of the scoring and Lamar help him out with rebounding and defense. He can still pass but his midrange game is shaky and without someone dominant to draw the defense from him he is unable to produce consistently on his own.

Marc honestly seems like the better player at this point in time.

Paul George won MIP going away with more first place votes than the #2 and #3 guys (Vasquez and Sanders) combined, ehh. Feel like there were a lot of players who made a much bigger jump and probably should have gotten the award, but at least Jrue Holiday didn't win I guess.

Hard to tell how much Pau has regressed without him getting permanent minutes at C. He simply can't play the PF position anymore and that's all he ever plays now.

Went back to look at his stats--I'm genuinely shocked at how dominant he was in his first year or two with the Lakers. I know he was good, but ORTG of 126 and a PER of 24? Kind of shocking.

Edit: In comparison, LeBron and Durant have never hit that high of an ORTG in their careers, wow

Double Edit: Wait, Pau had an ORTG of 128 in 07-08? Christ. .64% TS, how the fuck did he not win MVP.

PBY

Banned
Hard to tell how much Pau has regressed without him getting permanent minutes at C. He simply can't play the PF position anymore and that's all he ever plays now.

Went back to look at his stats--I'm genuinely shocked at how dominant he was in his first year or two with the Lakers. I know he was good, but ORTG of 126 and a PER of 24? Kind of shocking.

I might be in the minority, but I still think Pau has that beastmode in him. Look at how well he played at the olympics.

balddemon

Banned
the knicks have a scoring champ, 6th man of the year and a defensive player of the year. along with a couple nba champs and hall of famers. they should be favorites to win lol

KingKong

I might be in the minority, but I still think Pau has that beastmode in him. Look at how well he played at the olympics.

yes and him and Marc really complement each other because they are very good passers. and then in a few years they can draft Adria Gasol

linsivvi

Why wouldn't they expand their revenue by adding playoff teams?

They did. The NBA went from 3 rounds to 4 rounds, then changed the 1st round from best of 5 to best of 7.

They are never going to reduce the number of games unless there's a big drop in popularity and a lot of teams fold.

bionic77

He can still have some great nights, but when you get old you just can't do it every single night. And if you are paid like a top 15 player you better be bringing the pain every single night.

The Olympics has less games and because of that it is not going to be as hard on your body as the NBA regular season or playoffs. In a 7 game series I can see at best Pau beasting for 5 out of 7 games. Then it becomes a question of fit and how much that is worth to a team. You can't just go throwing out 15 million to every player anymore with how restrictive the new cap is.

bionic77

Edit: In comparison, LeBron and Durant have never hit that high of an ORTG in their careers, wow

Double Edit: Wait, Pau had an ORTG of 128 in 07-08? Christ. .64% TS, how the fuck did he not win MVP.
Some of those stats are because Pau was not expected to score 30 a night so he got to pick and choose where, when and what he did with the ball. Like I said before, he was in the perfect situation with Kobe and Lamar. Everything went to shit once that fucking Paul trade got nixed and Lamar left town and went crazy.

Top Bottom