• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT| Lakers started from the bottom, and they still there

I think the issue is that Rose feels like he got screwed by management/team doctors once when he was rushed back last year, which resulted in the ACL tear. I can't blame him too much for taking everything the doctors say with a grain of salt. With that said, I think he's going overboard with his caution. If the Bulls make it out of the first round, he really should play in round 2. Even very limited minutes would do a lot to help motivate his teammates who beat the Heat once without him this year.

Phil declines coaching opportunity because he wants a FO position.

Of course we have a guy up for contract renewal who the fanbase hates to the point of reminding our owner about it daily on his personal blog, but there won't be any rumors about us trying to contact Phil.

I'd give anything to have one conversation with Ted Leonsis :(

Edit: The time for Rose to get back into shape/confidence was before the playoffs and at the very latest this season.

Can you imagine his first game being against the Heat and they put Bron on him. Rose runs out on a fast break and hears Bron behind him and just falls to the ground in fear.

Haha, Cavs. You all done with the LeBron coming back talk, now? And Derrick Rose is a bitch. I think his brother has really been speaking for him and he's sitting out because he's dissatisfied with the personnel moves.

Cipherr

Cavs reached handshake agreement with Mike Brown to come back

Fuck everyone.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my god LOL. What a joke are you serious?

So wait, he will be working and getting paid by the Cavs and the Laker organization simultaneously right? Mike Brown is the biggest paper chasing hustler I have ever seen. This dude finds ways to get paid despite everything.

I just....

I would laugh but I think DAntoni is worse than Mike Brown.

Btw if you haven't already, can we completely absolve LeBron for leaving Cleveland? If anything he should get more credit for staying with that clown ass organization as long as he did.

Smokey

bullsinsano_medium.gif

I saw it Derrick. I saw it.

Nate is wild

Branduil

Btw if you haven't already, can we completely absolve LeBron for leaving Cleveland? If anything he should get more credit for staying with that clown ass organization as long as he did.

It's not leaving it's how he did it.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
You know I had an epiphany.... phil should go work for mike..... fuck winning a chip in a few yearz those two together would make the bobcats respectable enough to get a free agent here or there and you never know they might be able to compete and and...... Hahaha I couldn't write the rest in a straight face .Phil want to be a gm without spending any time working for a gm..... who does he think he is a +\- analyst workibg for ESPN....

Emwitus

“Believe it or not, this was good for us. Losing like this was definitely good for us,” Harden said. “Now we know how to play. This was a lot of guys’ first time here in the playoffs, we were kind of shellshocked … I think it was more the first time, just being here. Just being in a playoff atmosphere, being on the road.”

Said Perk of Harden’s reasoning: “Sounds like a personal problem.”

hi hi

Emwitus

can't fucking believe they rehired mike brown. what a god damn joke.

wooooooooow MB is a hustla

Mike brown did wonders with lebron + scrubs. It's not much of a stretch to think he would be great with Buckets. Seriously, compared to the scrubs cleveland had this was the right move.

Iirc we have to pay the difference of what we owe minus his new contract, so Cleveland will probably hire him on the super cheap.

No, he gets paid by both whatever amount.

Mike Brown making $8 million next 2 years, lmao.

Honestly, Mike Brown's only problem in LA were his rotations. They were fucking stupid. On a young team it won't matter as much.

Mike Brown making $8 million next 2 years,

The deal offsets whatever money LA owes him is what I am reading everywhere. It's like when players get amnestied. I'm honestly surprised he didn't sign for like $500k if that is the case though, just to save his new bosses some money.

Vahagn

Mike Brown making $8 million next 2 years, lmao.

Honestly, Mike Brown's only problem in LA were his rotations. They were fucking stupid. On a young team it won't matter as much.

Uh no, his offense was horrendous too. Much of "his" offense was so bad, players running into one another, piece of crap spacing, etc.

Remember that stretch his first year when he went like a quarter of the season without the team getting over a 100 points? Then LA started doing more PnR and Triangle Offense elements and the offensive production went up.

His offense was porous

Looks like the cavs won't have the excuse of being run into the ground as a reason for all the injuries.

They picked the wrong year to get rid of their tank commander though.

Then again Mike Brown ran his Cavs teams into the ground also--always trying to be regular season superstars winning 60+ games with a roster that even with LeBron probably shouldn't have achieved that.

And none of those players are all that great on D either, man D anyway, so we'll see what he schemes up. I'm excited to see whats up.

The deal offsets whatever money LA owes him is what I am reading everywhere. It's like when players get amnestied. I'm honestly surprised he didn't sign for like $500k if that is the case though, just to save his new bosses some money.

Where are you reading this because when players get waived, they get their contract and make whatever the new team pays. Amnesty works that way only when the bid is one, otherwise not.

If it's true, that saves the lakers money and they can fire MDA!

Emwitus

Lebron did wonders with Mike Brown + scrubs.

mike brown + kobepaubynum = third seed + first round win over denver and competitive series vs okc. Oh and we weren't the joke of the leauge defensively. Mike D antoni +.......Yeah

EDIT: And let's not act like lebron was a demi god or something. You need a good coach to get anywhere in the nba no matter how talented you are..see phil with mike/kobe/shaq.

Larry Coon ‏@LarryCoon 45m
For everyone asking about whether Lakers can offset Brown's salary with the Cavs -- that'd be a reasonable assumption, but not confirmed.

Larry Coon ‏@LarryCoon 44m
....We'd need to find out actual details about Brown's contract with the Lakers to know for sure. Each contract is an individual negotiation

Ah, so it depends on a clause. Please tell me the lakers got a clause to offset it.

Top Bottom