• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT| Lakers started from the bottom, and they still there

KingKong

Some of those stats are because Pau was not expected to score 30 a night so he got to pick and choose where, when and what he did with the ball. Like I said before, he was in the perfect situation with Kobe and Lamar. Everything went to shit once that fucking Paul trade got nixed and Lamar left town and went crazy.

He had a triple double against Houston and 16/16/6 against San Antonio. It's all about coaching (thanks D'Antoni)

linsivvi

He can still have some great nights, but when you get old you just can't do it every single night. And if you are paid like a top 15 player you better be bringing the pain every single night.

The Olympics has less games and because of that it is not going to be as hard on your body as the NBA regular season or playoffs. In a 7 game series I can see at best Pau beasting for 5 out of 7 games. Then it becomes a question of fit and how much that is worth to a team. You can't just go throwing out 15 million to every player anymore with how restrictive the new cap is.

I don't think Pau will be getting 15M after next season anyway.

bionic77

He had a triple double against Houston and 16/16/6 against San Antonio. It's all about coaching (thanks D'Antoni)
He is always going to stuff the stats, but as someone who watched a ton of Laker games he can also shit the bed if we force stuff into him and expect him to carry the team.

Also fuck Pringles and double fuck Jim Buss. The Lakers have never had ownership or coaching this bad in my lifetime. :(

KingGondo

Banned
New SI cover:
130423114907-durant-cover-single-image-cut.jpg

Vahagn

Double Edit: Wait, Pau had an ORTG of 128 in 07-08? Christ. .64% TS, how the fuck did he not win MVP.

Because thankfully MVP isn't given to second bananas because of a couple cherry picked advanced stats. Kevin Garnett, Tim Duncan, Dirk, Amare, Bosh were all better than Pau that year and that's just at his position.

Don't forget, he came to LA in Feb that year. In Memphis for half the season his numbers efficiency numbers were worse and his team had the worst record in the league.

Another testament to how silly it is to base opinions on numbers like that. Dude played a great second banana for 3 months and deserves MVP?

h3ro

dy, now is the time to stop rooting for your joke of an organization and join me in rooting for my joke of an organization.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Naw. He should join Sixers-Age.

We will be Bobcats Good soon...

Man vucevic is proof to me you got some talent on the roster that is underperforming. Collins just stiffeled it..... I want to see who the new coach is before I decide if they suck or not. Maybe grab SVG and let him try to build around the spirit of Bynum.

jjasper

Every starter for the Griz had a + on +/- every bench player had a -
Every starter for the Clips had a - on +/- every bench player had a + (well except Odom)

Because thankfully MVP isn't given to second bananas because of a couple cherry picked advanced stats. Kevin Garnett, Tim Duncan, Dirk, Amare, Bosh were all better than Pau that year and that's just at his position.

Don't forget, he came to LA in Feb that year. In Memphis for half the season his numbers efficiency numbers were worse and his team had the worst record in the league.

Another testament to how silly it is to base opinions on numbers like that. Dude played a great second banana for 3 months and deserves MVP?

damn bruh

put that kobe shield down

I was just applauding Paus play back then smh

dem white knights

diehard

Fleer
All that respect i had for Derrick Rose as a competitor is slowly going away with each passing game he misses.

Come on brew, Stock played with a broken rib.

Every starter for the Griz had a + on +/- every bench player had a -
Every starter for the Clips had a - on +/- every bench player had a + (well except Odom)

And everybody said the Clippers' bench won't matter in the postseason. Or at least would matter much less.

Seems like there is a major disconnect between the GM and Rose or something...I don't know.

Just seems odd that you wouldn't just tank as hard as you could in a situation where you knew dude wouldn't be back.

Instead they played their hearts out, Deng declining surgery on his wrist, I mean what the fuck

Top Bottom