• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Rose has no Muscle Memories, Durant having Russell Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantomex

28QCZ2t.jpg

AcridMeat

Banned
DAT MVP AIRBALL DOE
I will admit I laughed when it happened.
So depressed goddamn.

I like that we're getting better this year, but holy shit. GS has some work to do in the offseason.
I think the thing with this match up against the Spurs is. Keep Thompson out of foul trouble so we can keep the big line up in. Curry/Jack isn't going to work in this series, especially not without Bogut or Ezeli clogging the paint.

Also I know Jackson likes to praise that everyone gets their shot if they put in the time, but make Curry the primary ball handler down the stretch, always. The amount of clock Jack wastes is horrific, without getting anything done.

That or he pulls up with 16 seconds left.

cdyhybrid

LOL, 550 million dollar still can't bring back your team.. no wonder the hate

If they wanna give up one of their few existing revenue streams and doom themselves to eternal lottery status to make the rest of the league richer, there's not much you can do to compete.

Fjordson

I will admit I laughed when it happened.
I think the thing with this match up against the Spurs is. Keep Thompson out of foul trouble so we can keep the big line up in. Curry/Jack isn't going to work in this series, especially not without Bogut or Ezeli clogging the paint.

Also I know Jackson likes to praise that everyone gets their shot if they put in the time, but make Curry the primary ball handler down the stretch, always. The amount of clock Jack wastes is horrific, without getting anything done.

That or he pulls up with 16 seconds left.
Agreed. Definitely could have used Klay.

Also feel like Curry's streaks sometimes puts everyone else in a daze. They just ball watch on the perimeter. Then the only movement we get is passing to Jack who sometimes does what you said and just kills possessions.

if Im a reporter I never go at Pop with First Take style cliches ("what was the X factor?") or try to weasel an answer out of him thats intended to push a narrative...cause he'll smell that shit from a mile away, and scorch your ass, lol.

err Steph just inadvertently blew up his coach.

Whatever it's not like Mark said Curry was trying to get him fired or anything...

Agreed. Definitely could have used Klay.

Also feel like Curry's streaks sometimes puts everyone else in a daze. They just ball watch on the perimeter. Then the only movement we get is passing to Jack who sometimes does what you said and just kills possessions.

More like Jack decided to stagnate the offense with like 5 min to go...

duxstar

Honestly haven't watched basketball in a few years and turned it on tonight cause I had nothing better to do, awesome games tonight, might watch the rest of the playoffs now; unless it becomes clear the heat are gonna coast to another title.... Then I'll just go back to ignoring the sport.

Honestly haven't watched basketball in a few years and turned it on tonight cause I had nothing better to do, awesome games tonight, might watch the rest of the playoffs now; unless it becomes clear the heat are gonna coast to another title.... Then I'll just go back to ignoring the sport.

This sentence had me sure you were a Heat fan.

pilonv1

Exactly, just watch the timeouts, it's Malone diagramming and explaining the plays...he's going to be a solid coach elsewhere.

I don't mind Jackson that much anymore, the players obviously react to him. I just think that Jack isn't a good fit long term, which is fine because he's probably not coming back.

3riJdJY.gif

We don't like your kind.

AcridMeat

Banned
Malone is the real coach. Jackson is just there for pep talks
Yeah I never paid attention to time outs but the fact that its all the assistant drawing up plays and talking to the team is pretty nuts and says a whole lot. However, the Warriors have some of the worst out of time out plays ever. Twice this game it was isos, and I'm trying to forget the Denver series out of time out turnovers.

I've noticed in the season but its glorified now that Jackson reacts to line up changes a few possessions too late.

edit: Also yeah, Curry not resting at the start of the 4th was a big mistake.

edit: 2 Warriors fans please discuss more with me there's nothing going on :C

The only thing keeping me from flipping out right now is that win or lose, the warriors have a ton of room for growth with a set core going into the offseason..I'm hoping Barnes and Klay have a solid offseason with Bogut and Curry just get healthy. That's a formidable starting five at full strength...

Fjordson

Yeah I never paid attention to time outs but the fact that its all the assistant drawing up plays and talking to the team is pretty nuts and says a whole lot. However, the Warriors have some of the worst out of time out plays ever. Twice this game it was isos, and I'm trying to forget the Denver series out of time out turnovers.

I've noticed in the season but its glorified now that Jackson reacts to line up changes a few possessions too late.

edit: Also yeah, Curry not resting at the start of the 4th was a big mistake.

edit: 2 Warriors fans please discuss more with me there's nothing going on :C
One bright spot after tonight as a W's fan is that I continue to be impressed by Barnes and Green. Both still have room to improve (Green seems to get called for at least two dumb offensive fouls every game) but they're solid. Barnes especially has huge potential with his size and athleticism.

AcridMeat

Banned
One bright spot after tonight as a W's fan is that I continue to be impressed by Barnes and Green. Both still have room to improve (Green seems to get called for at least two dumb offensive fouls every game) but they're solid. Barnes especially has huge potential with his size and athleticism.
Exactly what I mean. If Green improves his shooting even more he's going to be amazing. Barnes has already shown he can take over, he just needs to be pushed more to do it. Time till solve that. I'm so stoked for Curry/Klay/Barnes round two. I've grown to like them all so much this season, Klay especially. He is such an improved player now than at the start of the season, he's amazing on defense now.

Again, I hate the idea of bias with refs but it's something each team has to deal with at certain times, but I think it hinders young players confidence so much more. That green foul on the offensive rebound still hurts.

My theory on why Green's hitting jumpers now...looks like he dropped quite a few pounds since late mid season so he's no longer gasses from just playing defense. He started the year a bit rotund and out of shape. I love his Bball IQ as it seems like he's almost always at the right place at the right time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom