• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Rose has no Muscle Memories, Durant having Russell Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjordson

My theory on why Green's hitting jumpers now...looks like he dropped quite a few pounds since late mid season so he's no longer gasses from just playing defense. He started the year a bit rotund and out of shape. I love his Bball IQ as it seems like he's almost always at the right place at the right time.
I can see that. He seems much improved from the outside.

His defense is also pretty good. Sometimes Jackson has him out on an island against players like Lebron or Parker and they go past him, but he does well most of the time.

Exactly what I mean. If Green improves his shooting even more he's going to be amazing. Barnes has already shown he can take over, he just needs to be pushed more to do it. Time till solve that. I'm so stoked for Curry/Klay/Barnes round two. I've grown to like them all so much this season, Klay especially. He is such an improved player now than at the start of the season, he's amazing on defense now.

Again, I hate the idea of bias with refs but it's something each team has to deal with at certain times, but I think it hinders young players confidence so much more. That green foul on the offensive rebound still hurts.
Klay's improvement has been great to watch. Both on defense and on offense. I actually love his post game lately. Not like on the block but his ability to shoot over smaller defenders on his back keeps getting better and better. He had some pretty fadeaways tonight when they put Leonard on Curry and Parker on Klay. Same thing last series when Denver would put Andre Miller or Lawson on him.

Klay is amazing on defense?

really?
He has work to do and gets in foul trouble, but he's on his way to being a superb perimeter defender.

k-bigpic.gif

=/

Dude on the real though, that steph curry kid is a fucking monster. Goodness gracious.

He's going to be an all-time great, I'm convinced.

Golden state has got a bright, bright future.

Bogut probably didn't play in the fourth because Jackson was afraid of hack a Bogut...but even if Bogut just split FT's down the line, it would've been enough to put the game away..

One of the absolute best games of all time.

No Tiago, sick Timmy...down sixteen with 4 min to go. How in hell did we pull that off ...

I honestly think if we didn't win we'd 100% lose this series. I was so depressed in that 4th quarter. Complete momentum shift.

But I'm not counting the warriors out. They've got talent up the ass. This is going to be a long series.

Oh hey, spurs won in the play offs, TCB is posting now.

I watched the game with my family. These games are too stressful for me to be wasting my time and energy liveblogging here.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Jackson was an idiot for not changing his defense late in the fourth.

Bogut got screwed for doing exactly what he was told. You CAN NOT have your big abandon guarding anything above the free throw line when playing the Spurs. Those are free buckets every time.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Klay has a Prince like frame and is fairly athletic not shocked his D got better under Mark Jackson

Fjordson

I just can't believe how awful our fucking defense was on that last Ginobli 3. Ugh.

But as always, I have mad respect for Manu. Even after that previous bad shot he comes back down and nails the game winner. Damn. Need that Marco Belinelli big balls gif.

Jackson was an idiot for not changing his defense late in the fourth.

Bogut got screwed for doing exactly what he was told. You CAN NOT have your big abandon guarding anything above the free throw line when playing the Spurs. Those are free buckets every time.

While all true, GS wins if his players didn't take shots with 15 on the clock under 4 to go and up 16.

Clock management was fucking terrible.

I just can't believe how awful our fucking defense was on that last Ginobli 3. Ugh.

But as always, I have mad respect for Manu. Even after that previous bad shot he comes back down and nails the game winner. Damn. Need that Marco Belinelli big balls gif.

You can blame Jack on that one...no communication..I think every three they hit during the overtime was on a blown jack assignment...

Derwind

What voice? What'd I miss?!

There was a lady sounding like she was being murdered every time the spurs made a shot or made a free throw... really any spurs play....

Most annoying shit ever.

The fact that she can dwarf all the cheers in the stadium is amazing.

Jimrpg

they made a gamble by doubling parker (to prevent the two) and to rotate around to manu

it was a long pass and the defence had time to get around...

but pretty stupid considering how far parker ends up (near the halfway line taking two players out)

but u have to just go man on man at the end with 3 seconds to go and live with the contested shot...

they made a gamble by doubling parker (to prevent the two) and to rotate around to manu

it was a long pass and the defence had time to get around...

but pretty stupid considering how far parker ends up (near the halfway line taking two players out)

but u have to just go man on man at the end with 3 seconds to go and live with the contested shot...

It wasn't a gamble. Jack was supposed to switch down onto Diaw but got caught in no-man's land. It was certainly not a double. It forced the rookie to take Diaw and opting to leave Manu open (correct call since Diaw had a layup otherwise).

Jack fucked up. Watch it again. he even realizes he fucked up as it's happening because he sort of slows down to think about what's happened right before the pass

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
While all true, GS wins if his players didn't take shots with 15 on the clock under 4 to go and up 16.

Clock management was fucking terrible.
Clock management I expected to be bad. GS has dropped the ball there before.

I haven't seen Jackson shoot his own team and player in the foot though

Clock management I expected to be bad. GS has dropped the ball there before.

I haven't seen Jackson shoot his own team and player in the foot though

Just pointing out that he fucked up on both sides. Like I said, I agreed with you. I don't get why these coaches are benching guys like Bogut and Tony Allen in the 4th meanwhile others play Perkins or Richard Jefferson.

Or you know, not giving Steph Curry a rest.

true but so was manu's and his three

Check my posts, I called it the worst single play of the playoffs so far (topping Prince game 1).

But it was just 1 play compared to about 6 in a row for the Dubs.

Just pointing out that he fucked up on both sides. Like I said, I agreed with you. I don't get why these coaches are benching guys like Bogut and Tony Allen in the 4th meanwhile others play Perkins or Richard Jefferson.

Or you know, not giving Steph Curry a rest.

Check my posts, I called it the worst single play of the playoffs so far (topping Prince game 1).

But it was just 1 play compared to about 6 in a row for the Dubs.

I understand why he benched Bogut....but had he really thought about it...even if Bogut made half his free throws, it would've been a better outcome than surrendering 18 straight points.

Jimrpg

It wasn't a gamble. Jack was supposed to switch down onto Diaw but got caught in no-man's land. It was certainly not a double. It forced the rookie to take Diaw and opting to leave Manu open (correct call since Diaw had a layup otherwise).

Jack fucked up. Watch it again. he even realizes he fucked up as it's happening because he sort of slows down to think about what's happened right before the pass

i went back and watched it again... smh at jack

AcridMeat

Banned
It's funny to think about now too, how obvious that comeback was, and the solution was sitting right there. Yet Jackson wants to believe in his guys who are out there until it's too late.

But really it was Thompson we were hurting for badly on both ends.

Though Bogut was so underused offensively, it's true. Whatever, can't dwell on this too much. I hope they look at the tape and learn.

giri

It's funny to think about now too, how obvious that comeback was, and the solution was sitting right there. Yet Jackson wants to believe in his guys who are out there until it's too late.

But really it was Thompson we were hurting for badly on both ends.

Though Bogut was so underused offensively, it's true. Whatever, can't dwell on this too much. I hope they look at the tape and learn.

Yep, take it, learn, move on.

GState are such a young team, even playing this far into the playoffs is really great experience for just about every single player on the team.

linsivvi

Unfortunately for Golden State fans, Mark Jackson won't be fired for a long time now that they've made the 2nd round.

Good for the rest of us since that means we don't need to hear him calling games.

THRILLH0

Banned
Bogut deserves a better coach than Mark Jackson.

Jackson wants to do what Amare couldn't and finish off Bogut for good.

A damn shame the way his career is turning out. He put his heart and soul into a pretty shitty situation carrying Jennings and John fucking Salmon in Milwaukee, Amare tried to kill him and now he's being relegated to cameo status in GS.

Says a lot about how highly he's still regarded that people don't really retrospectively shit on the Bucks for taking him ahead of Deron/CP3 not to mention Bynum.

giri

Jackson wants to do what Amare couldn't and finish off Bogut for good.

A damn shame the way his career is turning out. He put his heart and soul into a pretty shitty situation carrying Jennings and John fucking Salmon in Milwaukee, Amare tried to kill him and now he's being relegated to cameo status in GS.

Says a lot about how highly he's still regarded that people don't really retrospectively shit on the Bucks for taking him ahead of Deron/CP3 not to mention Bynum.

Well, when healthy bogut is a top 3 defensive C in the league.

Health is a rather large issue for him though.

Also, Jackson will get better as a coach, some of this is just experience, yall need to back off.

fertygo

Its damn crazy that Scott Brooks is better coach than half of West playoff team had, what the fuck.

No good coach in the league anymore?

THRILLH0

Banned
Well, when healthy bogut is a top 3 defensive C in the league.

Health is a rather large issue for him though.

Also, Jackson will get better as a coach, some of this is just experience, yall need to back off.

I think he's top 3 period when healthy.

You're right, Jackson will get better and his team loves to play for him which is half the battle but I think there are better situations out there for Bogut.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I think he's top 3 period when healthy.

You're right, Jackson will get better and his team loves to play for him which is half the battle but I think there are better situations out there for Bogut.
Bogut hasn't been apart of the gameplan most the time due to health...

Seems like he was trying to hold the game with units that have played together the most

I...I

I just finished watching the game. I think I lost my voice.

Holy shit.

Holy fucking shit

I'm so happy right now I can't believe it

Other than a close out game to win a title, the only other Spurs game I can remember where I was so happy at the end was the memorial day miracle....

What adjustments do you think the coaches do for game 2 guys? The Warriors wasted a literal all time great game against the Spurs by Curry...I think Pop puts Leonard on Curry to begin the game. Maybe this time Jackson rotates his players and gives Curry a break at some point.

linsivvi

Other than a close out game to win a title, the only other Spurs game I can remember where I was so happy at the end was the memorial day miracle....

What adjustments do you think the coaches do for game 2 guys? The Warriors wasted a literal all time great game against the Spurs by Curry...I think Pop puts Leonard on Curry to begin the game. Maybe this time Jackson rotates his players and gives Curry a break at some point.

Duncan is also not going to be sick all series, so the Warriors have just wasted their biggest chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom