• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Rose has no Muscle Memories, Durant having Russell Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miami won't shoot that badly from three point range for the entire series. That was the difference maker. Battier and Allen getting wide open shots and bricking them won't happen that often.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I go to bed with the Warriors up 16 and 4 minutes to go and... what the hell did I miss...

While all true, GS wins if his players didn't take shots with 15 on the clock under 4 to go and up 16.

Clock management was fucking terrible.

I blame Jarrett Jack for most of those terrible possessions.
Just saw a tweet that says he's turned the ball over more than anyone else in the playoffs.
anyway, if Leonard is going to be assigned to Curry for the whole game,then that means GS has a mismatch they can exploit with Barnes. cant wait to see what comes of that. SA was sending hard doubles at Curry during that third quarter and they were getting burned left and right cause he was finding and hitting the open man.

jmdajr

k-bigpic.gif

nice

AirBrian

My goodness what a couple of games last night. I went to bed thinking GS was about to steal a game and SA stole it back. Unbelievable. Also, Thibbs is the man -- his schemes give the Heat fits.

Also, a frustrated LBJ is not a very good LBJ. It seems like when players get into his head and get him frustrated, he doesn't respond well. We saw some of that last night.

PBY

Banned
My goodness what a couple of games last night. I went to bed thinking GS was about to steal a game and SA stole it back. Unbelievable. Also, Thibbs is the man -- his schemes give the Heat fits.

Also, a frustrated LBJ is not a very good LBJ. It seems like when players get into his head and get him frustrated, he doesn't respond well. We saw some of that last night.
Ugh @ that analysis.

jmdajr

That Double Flop was expensive.

5K fine on Derrick Fisher.

Chump change for him, but I wouldn't mind 5k. I'd buy something nice.

I don't know if that's true.
He doesn't get frustrated...not in the conventional sense, anyway. He knows he's the best player, and he additionally knows he can't be touched/fouled.

The Bulls' scheme works best on him so far because it mitigates his physical advantage/inability to be fouled. They are like the perfect version of the Celtics' box-and-1, just physical enough to get away with it when the likes of LBJ/Wade come barrelling into the paint and just zone-y enough to harass shooters.

You can't frustrate LBJ...it's the others that need to be harassed consistently, and that is what happened yesterday. I hope the Bulls can do that again.

AirBrian

He doesn't get frustrated...not in the conventional sense, anyway. He knows he's the best player, and he additionally knows he can't be touched/fouled.

The Bulls' scheme works best on him so far because it mitigates his physical advantage/inability to be fouled. They are like the perfect version of the Celtics' box-and-1, just physical enough to get away with it when the likes of LBJ/Wade come barrelling into the paint and just zone-y enough to harass shooters.

You can't frustrate LBJ...it's the others that need to be harassed consistently, and that is what happened yesterday. I hope the Bulls can do that again.
Yeah, I struggle trying to verbalize it, but maybe that's a better way to describe it. He doesn't get openly frustrated in the more outwardly, traditional sense, but can sometimes stop being aggressive and stops trying to just will his way to the basket. He knows driving to the basket won't work so he kinda stops attempting to do so on a consistent basis over a full game. It doesn't get other players open looks. Or it gets them more contested shots. Basically, it takes LBJ out of his more normal type of game that's he's so good at.

Game 5 vs. Pistons when Robert Horry turned into a superstar for 1.5 quarters?

That was a good game too. Spurs have a history of hitting big shots over Rasheed.

So I thought about it some more, and I think the big thing besides the win is the fact our role players showed up. Danny Green and Leonard played well. If this was last year's version of either of them, we lose that game.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Soon. Its either Coach or Defensive next. But the ballots were due at the end of the regular season so Thibs is probably not going to win.

DPOY was last week along with ROY.

COTY is normally before MVP which means the COY is not coaching anymore so they're keeping it low key.

Other than a close out game to win a title, the only other Spurs game I can remember where I was so happy at the end was the memorial day miracle....

the entire western conference playoffs run of 2007 was like this.

effzee

The Heat's inability to rebound also again really hurt them.

They really need Bosh to be on so he can draw Noah or Boozer out to defend him. And if Bosh isn't playing well give some minutes to Rashard to hover around the three point line. Its obvious they won't be able to out rebound them, so make them defend the big guys on the perimeter. Or go to a complete garbage lineup with Haslem and Birdman for extended minutes to try to grab as many rebounds as possible.

And someone has to make Nate work on the defensive end. He is terrible as a defender so Cole or Chalmers have to make him work. Drive, draw the foul, and finish the at the rim as opposed to just kicking it out for the three all the time.

I want to see Miami in the finals, but this really worries me. I think Bulls have a legit shot of winning this especially with everyone minus Rose coming back in the next game or two.

linsivvi

That Double Flop was expensive.

5K fine on Derrick Fisher.

Chump change for him, but I wouldn't mind 5k. I'd buy something nice.

Why the fuck did they fine Fisher and not Martin?

COTY is normally before MVP which means the COY is not coaching anymore so they're keeping it low key.

Mike Brown, for getting himself fired so he could get away from the train wreck and now he's got a new job.

effzee

Not even the Heat are worried as much as you guys.

They should be. Chicago seems to have their # no matter who is playing for them. They can't sleep walk through 3 quarters and then turn it on. They need to be into the game from the start.

Though I will saw I don't expect everyone to be so off for another game. From LBJ, Wade, and Bosh to all their 3 point sharp shooters like Allen, Battier, and Miller. No one was playing up to their level and missed multiple open shots.

JohnsonUT

So I thought about it some more, and I think the big thing besides the win is the fact our role players showed up. Danny Green and Leonard played well. If this was last year's version of either of them, we lose that game.

Diaw played amazingly given the circumstances. Even Bonner didn't screw anything up.

Emwitus

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

that GSW choke job was embarassing. hope that team learns to keep up a lead. so many boneheaded decisions in that last 5 minutes..

funny enough like 5 or 6 minutes left into the 4th they showed the GSW coach telling his players "were shocking people. keep it up and keep the foot on the gas pedal". funny how that worked out

He doesn't get frustrated...not in the conventional sense, anyway. He knows he's the best player, and he additionally knows he can't be touched/fouled...
Oh I think he absolutely gets frustrated. He got pissed during the game Bulls ended the streak (se elbow to Boozer and yapping postgame) and he was definitely peeved last night. It's all about getting him out of his zone by fouling him and being phhysical right back.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Real talk, assuming 100% health would you put D Rose in the top 5 pgs you would want for say the next 3 years?

Westbrook
Curry
CP3

All guys I would want over him no ifs and or buts.

Williams?
Irving?
Parker?
Rondo?
Lillard?
I guess I'd toss him somewhere between these two groups.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search

Woops, got my order switched around. I meant Exec. of the year, not DPOY.

And they've delayed awards until after MVP before for reasons other than the team not being in the playoffs anymore. The COY not coaching anymore would be a good explanation for its delay though. But most of the speculated winners are still coaching and in the playoffs. Perhaps Karl won and they made too many assumptions of the Nuggets playoff chances lol.

Losing to a team like the beat down Bulls after that much rest should be a cause for concern--I still think the Heat will hit a hard series at some point based off of the mental fatigue the roleplayers experienced for being try hards during the regular season, but I don't know if it'll happen in this series.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
That was a collective team effort chokejob.

Although shit really hit the fan once Richard Jefferson came into the game. Blame him / Jackson for putting him in.

Jarrett Jack cost us that game. He's just a terrible PG.
I thinks he's okay, just needs to be put under more control, no way he should have been making all those decisions late in the game.

Then again I'm not sure if the outcome would have been any different had Curry been handling the ball after watching that game 6 against Denver.

I'm not going to bother to worry because even if we are down 0-2 it wouldn't surprise me to see them take 2 in Chicago

it's sports yall

Derwind

I thinks he's okay, just needs to be put under more control, no way he should have been making all those decisions late in the game.

Then again I'm not sure if the outcome would have been any different had Curry been handling the ball after watching that game 6 against Denver.

This.

I don't know what Mark Jackson with how he handled Jack. The dude is a second or third string point guard.

He's good in spurts but he can be a serious detriment to the team if you're asking him to bring the ball up down the stretch.

I'm not going to bother to worry because even if we are down 0-2 it wouldn't surprise me to see them take 2 in Chicago

it's sports yall

It's more like 'it's basketball yall', miami still has the best player in the league and 3 of the best 4 players in this series. Winning 4 out of 7 games is a near impossible feat for this Bulls team. Taking game 1 was their superbowl. Miami probably wraps this up in 5.

Emwitus

Gs lost all the momentum once jack started taking all those mid range jumpers and thompson went out. Thompson in my opinion should be there closer not jack even more so than curry, atleast for now.

This.

I don't know what Mark Jackson with how he handled Jack. The dude is a second or third string point guard.

He's good in spurts but he can be a serious detriment to the team if you're asking him to bring the ball up down the stretch.

Going small was ultimately the biggest mistake. Even if you didn't want to put Bogut in, at least have Ezeli in there to protect the paint.

PBY

Banned

it's sports yall

Agree.

It is crazy how NBA-gaf has these hard swings, 24 hours ago everyone here had the Heat in no more than 5, said Chicago had no shot, etc. Now we've swung to completely other side.

Perspective is needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom