• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Rose has no Muscle Memories, Durant having Russell Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjuro

Agree.

It is crazy how NBA-gaf has these hard swings, 24 hours ago everyone here had the Heat in no more than 5, said Chicago had no shot, etc. Now we've swung to completely other side.

Perspective is needed.

Now that it's confirmed to be Bulls vs. Pacers in the ECF, who has the advantage?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
That was a collective team effort chokejob.

Although shit really hit the fan once Richard Jefferson came into the game. Blame him / Jackson for putting him in.

I just saw his non-existent stat line. Only played three minutes, but somehow his +/- was -14. Bwahaha.

exarkun

From last night's games I can surely say:

SA is going to the finals.

Heat aren't going to make it past the Pacers.

Boom! Heat suck, and SA are scrappy fighters!

diehard

Fleer
Jarrett Jack cost us that game. He's just a terrible PG.

Final 5 minutes of the game:

Jack : 4 points, 1-3 FG, 1 TO
Curry: 0 points, 0-3 FG (all in final 1:22), 1 TO

Jack got lost on that Danny Green 3 though.. that Manu one was Barnes' fault i thought.

What adjustments do you think the coaches do for game 2 guys? The Warriors wasted a literal all time great game against the Spurs by Curry...I think Pop puts Leonard on Curry to begin the game. Maybe this time Jackson rotates his players and gives Curry a break at some point.

I think we'll probably see Kawhi on Curry but I doubt it will make much of a difference. The stats are drastic (I think Curry was something like 13-19 with Corey or Tony guarding him? Corey especially got murdered), but tbh I feel Kawhi would have got lit up too had he been guarding him during that hot stretch ... Steph Curry is going to be a problem, no matter what we do. Nice to see we (miraculously) won a game where he went supernova tho.

The main thing is Timmy and Tiago. I dunno if this small ball strategy is feasible long-term: you can't beat Golden State at their own game. We were forced into it, but its just not the type of basketball we're built to play. Tim will hopefully feel better, but the big worry is Tiago. I don't like how long its taking. We really need him; Blair is killing us and we need to punish them for playing with 1 big. Bogut can't guard both Tim and Tiago, and going forward, that'd be our biggest matchup advantage against this team.

Kawhi used to get lit up by Jimmer.. i wouldn't think he is a long term solution.

There is no solution to Steph Curry. We'll have to hold that 35-45 straight to the chest, and hope we do enough on the other end to make up for it. Homie hits bombs like they're layups. No guarding that.

Its hard to get a read on where this series is heading. The Warriors are either going to fold (unlikely, considering how they bounced back after the Andre Miller game), as the Spurs get healthier, or we're in for the long haul.

And I think its the latter. The power of Golden State's homecourt all but assures it. Plus, Timmy only has a day and a half to get over this sickness and that may not be enough time based on how bad it looks. Its likely he won't be 100% until we head to Norcal.

Yeah, here's the stat:

nuK2dZc.png

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Final 5 minutes of the game:

Jack : 4 points, 1-3 FG, 1 TO
Curry: 0 points, 0-3 FG (all in final 1:22), 1 TO

Jack got lost on that Danny Green 3 though.. that Manu one was Barnes' fault i thought.

Jack played like ass.

Two possessions where the ball didn't even leave his hands. Curry gets to do that when he's on fire like he was. Jack? Fuck no. Run something.

diehard

Fleer
Jack played like ass.

Two possessions where the ball didn't even leave his hands. Curry gets to do that when he's on fire like he was. Jack? Fuck no. Run something.

Oh no doubt, but GS fans seem to be pushing this "Jack sucks" thing , just because he will opt out.

DY_nasty

Oh no doubt, but GS fans seem to be pushing this "Jack sucks" thing , just because he will opt out.

Oh.

Well, they deserve a better backup PG anyways. He's supposed to be the mature player on that team and reel them in when they get out of hand but he's not that kind of player this year for whatever reason.

They should get DJ Augustin. Proven playoff warrior imo

giri

Oh.

Well, they deserve a better backup PG anyways. He's supposed to be the mature player on that team and reel them in when they get out of hand but he's not that kind of player this year for whatever reason.

They should get DJ Augustin. Proven playoff warrior imo

Huh

Jack has had a great year for them.

And he's durable where Curry isn't.

KingGondo

Banned
I say either OKC or Memphis beats this SA team. With Westbrook, it wouldn't even be a question.
I think it will be tough to beat SA without Westbrook. Martin, Fisher and Ibaka will all have to play extremely well in addition to KD continuing his heroic play.

If we manage to beat Memphis without YNB I'll be extremely impressed. Anything past that is gravy.

I think it will be tough to beat SA without Westbrook. Martin, Fisher and Ibaka will all have to play extremely well in addition to KD continuing his heroic play.

If we manage to beat Memphis without YNB I'll be extremely impressed. Anything past that is gravy.

Amen. I went from thinking guaranteed finals spot to questioning whether we make it out of the second round.

I'm riding the Durant hope train. He's been amazing these playoffs. Some might even say "MVP-like." ;)

KingGondo

Banned
Amen. I went from thinking guaranteed finals spot to questioning whether we make it out of the second round.

I'm riding the Durant hope train. He's been amazing these playoffs. Some might even say "MVP-like." ;)
Yes, KD has been amazing and he could potentially carry us to the Finals if he keeps it up.

However, since our odds of winning it all this year are so small now, I find my thoughts turning to what we'll do in the offseason.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I'll gladly take Jack back with open arms. I never wanted him gone over Sergio anyway. What an idiotic move that was.

linsivvi

Has it come to this already?

DY_nasty

Dude our options are Corey Joseph and Nando De Colo.

Jarrett Jack ain't all that bad. Ws fans be trippin'

Spare me.

If you're a PG and your only instinct in a tight game is to dribble in circles then drive into 3 defenders AFTER ignoring Bogut wide open after a pick and roll then YOU are the problem. It has absolutely nothing to do with SA's defense.

Hell, Tim Duncan played some of the worst defense of his life last night.
Huh

Jack has had a great year for them.

And he's durable where Curry isn't.

He knows how to take big shots.

They don't need that when they have Curry. They need someone to keep them from giving up massive leads like they have been time and time again. They've got too many shooters and bigs with great hands to not have a court aware PG coming off the bench.

For the record, and before anyone starts with the DYisahater stuff, I do like Jack. I just don't like him for this team now that Curry has stepped it up.

giri

He knows how to take big shots.

They don't need that when they have Curry. They need someone to keep them from giving up massive leads like they have been time and time again. They've got too many shooters and bigs with great hands to not have a court aware PG coming off the bench.

For the record, and before anyone starts with the DYisahater stuff, I do like Jack. I just don't like him for this team now that Curry has stepped it up.

Uhhh, he's their 6th Man, and iirc, did ok in 6MOTY voting as well. And for good reason. He's not the most traditional PG you'll ever see, but he's more than serviceable.

And .... Curry was just flat out denied the ball. Now you can blame that on curry getting virtually no rest and being exhausted, but that wasn't jacks fault. Spurs did a great cover on him at the end.

I really don't know where you're going with it.

Should they have just had a simple screen in the back court to free curry up? sure. But again, not jacks fault.

Jacks been huge for them all year, you're off on this one.

DY_nasty

Uhhh, he's their 6th Man, and iirc, did ok in 6MOTY voting as well. And for good reason. He's not the most traditional PG you'll ever see, but he's more than serviceable.

And .... Curry was just flat out denied the ball. Now you can blame that on curry getting virtually no rest and being exhausted, but that wasn't jacks fault. Spurs did a great cover on him at the end.

I really don't know where you're going with it.

Should they have just had a simple screen in the back court to free curry up? sure. But again, not jacks fault.

Jacks been huge for them all year, you're off on this one.
There is literally no excuse for a point guard to continually be the only player to touch the ball on a team with so many viable offensive options. Curry getting denied by defenses is one thing, Curry being looked off is another. Trying to force defenses to treat you like Curry is some YNB type shit. GS's team has changed but Jack hasn't. They need a distributor more than they need a shot maker and ball handler. Jack can be that, but for some reason he's not done it through the playoffs.

And the thing is Jack has been good throughout the year but Curry has obviously improved dramatically since the All-star break. Jack either needs to have Jackson work out some new plays, a new role, or demand more of Jack because their offense warps whenever they need Jack to make a play and not just a shot.

And Curry gets plenty of screens but what irks me is that he seems to stick to one side of the floor at weird times. Not saying that it doesn't work, but it leads me to believe that GS isn't quite aware of the benefits that such a thing gives them. When he's getting denied like that, you don't see them moving him across the court to free up others as much or at least they don't seemingly know how to take advantage of it.

The Scottsdale, Ariz., Police Department confirmed Tuesday that they are investigating Suns forward Michael Beasley in connection with an alleged sexual assault. From ABC15.com:

The Scottsdale Police Department confirmed Tuesday that they are investigating an allegation of sexual assault against Phoenix Suns player Michael Beasley.

The incident reportedly took place on January 13.

“At this point we can only say the investigation is ongoing,” said David Pubins, Scottsdale police spokesman. “We are interviewing those involved and processing any physical evidence we may have to try and determine if criminal charges are appropriate.”

via Michael Beasley sexual assault: Police investigating allegation against Phoenix Suns player.

Beasley, 24, played 75 games with the Suns last season after signing with Phoenix in free agency. He averaged 10 points and four rebounds per game.

SMH

JohnsonUT

Hell, Tim Duncan played some of the worst defense of his life last night.

This is so true. His last two plays in the 4th before going to locker room he was so slow on rotating, leading to easy layups. I am guessing he was concentrating on not having "stomach issues" in the middle of the court.

I remember when Phee yelled at me for calling him a bust.

#2 picks of late haven't had a great record.

Gonna skip MKG since it was 1 year but in reverse order:

Derrick Williams
Evan Turner
Thabeet
Beasley

2 busts and 2 guys who haven't yet lived up to expectations.

If only Durant went #1 and Oden #2, it would be a trend!

edit: Seems like for a while now we haven't had b2b great top 2 picks. Bargs was #1 the year before Oden. Mavin Williams #2 before. Okafor #2 before that. Darko prior to that! Geez!

edit: Jay Williams #2 before that!

Durant and LMA are the only #2 hits for a decade.

DY_nasty

MKG would've been RoTY if he'd been allowed to kill himself on the court like he wanted to.

#bringbackdunlap

edit: Okafor was RoTY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom