• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Rose has no Muscle Memories, Durant having Russell Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Woodson or Karl
or Spoelstra

I think they might give it to Karl just to punish him for not wanting it. But never discount Heat bandwagoning.
Karl has never won one

Kinda doubtful he does this year
But stranger things have happened

Vahagn

How is Steph Curry so damn good. Watching that guy jack up 3's off the dribble is just amazing.

Also, the Warriors in-experience is showing up in the second game in a row.

Blackace

How is Steph Curry so damn good. Watching that guy jack up 3's off the dribble is just amazing.

Also, the Warriors in-experience is showing up in the second game in a row.
Curry is great at one half of the game

Blackace

True. But Nash, Dirk, Melo...lots of greats have been bad at D. And especially as a PG, he gets a pass.
Melo isn't bad on D just lazy

Dirk learned to play better team D

My favorite PGs to watch outside of Magic all played great D so no pass deserved

And even Nash in his prime didn't get lit up like Curry does

melo da great
ohhh.png

Blackace

Its not BAD. Just ....notably mediocre at best.

It'd be a lot better if Jackson would allow Bogut to play defense and if GS had some size behind him.
He gets some picks at least but his D is bad

Vahagn

Dirk and Melo did get better. But not in their 3rd or 4th years or whatever year Curry's in. If him and Kyrie stay bad all career like Nash and Magic, that would be an issue. But I could see them become passable by their 7th or 8th seasons

Blackace

curry's defense has improved dramatically since his rookie year

still fouls too much tho

Taking away Monta helped

Dirk and Melo did get better. But not in their 3rd or 4th years or whatever year Curry's in. If him and Kyrie stay bad all career like Nash and Magic, that would be an issue. But I could see them become passable by their 7th or 8th seasons

Kyrie kinda gives no fucks in Cle but have seen flashes of good D from him

Dirk was coached by Nellie his first years...

And with Curry's bad wheel I don't see him getting much better

a lot of point guards in the league right now kinda suck at defense. Jrue is supposedly a good defender but I saw him get lit up on the regular by dudes like Teague and shit. It's probably due to a lot of point guards being actually good and the death of the bigman thus making it tough to guard when you have trash "backing"you up but still. Not many guys I;d consider great defenders at that position..off the top of my head at least.

Blackace

a lot of point guards in the league right now kinda suck at defense. Jrue is supposedly a good defender but I saw him get lit up on the regular by dudes like Teague and shit. It's probably due to a lot of point guards being actually good and the death of the bigman thus making it tough to guard when you have trash "backing"you up but still. Not many guys I;d consider great defenders at that position..off the top of my head at least.
Rondo

Westbrook

point guards have to do so much offensively in today's nba that it's hard for them to dedicate any effort to defense. that's why we see wings like igoudala and tony allen checking points in crucial possessions.

Nelo Ice

Banned
You can pretty much run out the clock by then. If you get a 24 second violation every possession, you're pretty close to guaranteeing a win.

You have to fuck up to lose there.

Yup, if teams want to blow that big of a lead with that little time left they should watch how the Warriors close out. I still can't believe they blew it. I was just browsing my phone by that point then all of a sudden I see scoring surge by SA and it's like what in the world just happened?!.

Sanjuro

point guards have to do so much offensively in today's nba that it's hard for them to dedicate any effort to defense. that's why we see wings like igoudala and tony allen checking points in crucial possessions.

In today's NBA? Having much to do offensively is basically the definition of the point guard position.

Better at getting swept no doubt

Remember that time we came back from 3-0 to beat the Knicks!? The NY media told me it was awesome.

Blackace

They both just gamble for steals a lot which coesnt make them a good defender. Westbrook especially screws up or forgets his man all the time

Man 2 man both are tough defenders

They gamble but that doesn't make them not good defenders

I'd also add the PnR game and floor spacing added to the lack of physical contact on the perimeter makes it nary impossible to actually guard a PG unless you use a lot of length and athleticism. And even then it's no guarantee.

Sanjuro

Man 2 man both are tough defenders

They gamble but that doesn't make them not good defenders

Made the rare Rondo/Bradley pairing incredibly deadly, which is why the "Average Bradley" talk was absurdly ridiculous.

Hopefully they can both be cybernetically enhanced so they can both stay on the court together.

Blackace

I'd also add the PnR game and floor spacing added to the lack of physical contact on the perimeter makes it nary impossible to actually guard a PG unless you use a lot of length and athleticism. And even then it's no guarantee.

Miss when John Stockton could slap you pull your shorts and get credit for a steal

exarkun

D-Will has the big body and bothers a lot of PG's when he gives a fuck. Which is rare, but its fun to watch when he cares (like he did in Utah, fuck you Jazz!).

Westbrook gambles alot, but for the most part is very solid. Rondo is obvious. I think you guys are missing out on George Hill. I kept telling my SA friends Collison would be better this year (lol, i know) but man his defense and offense has been very good this year. If Paul George is resting, Hill can guard that 2 spot pretty decently.

giri

D-Will has the big body and bothers a lot of PG's when he gives a fuck. Which is rare, but its fun to watch when he cares (like he did in Utah, fuck you Jazz!).

Westbrook gambles alot, but for the most part is very solid. Rondo is obvious. I think you guys are missing out on George Hill. I kept telling my SA friends Collison would be better this year (lol, i know) but man his defense and offense has been very good this year. If Paul George is resting, Hill can guard that 2 spot pretty decently.

YNB regularly gets lost on off ball screens.

He's not that great a defender.

On ball iso'd at the top, he is because of sheer athleticism. But even a single screen can mess him up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom