• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Rose has no Muscle Memories, Durant having Russell Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I don't know why players are allowed to wear all these pads/body armor. Shit's getting ridiculous. I'm referring to Anthony now, but I include Dwight, wade, Lebron, and rose when he played many years ago.

I dont see the big issue. You are sacrificing range of motion at some point so there is a trade off. I rather have these guys less banged up than more.

Because that is basically the goal of every team in the NBA?

Of course I want to get "young talent", but by blowing up the team you are primarily getting the "young" portion of that. Also, I'm not a big fan of people telling me Pierce/KG are worth the top pick in the draft, individually. Doesn't make a ton of sense.

I really don't think I am. Are you?

KG/Pierce at their age are still alright, but very expensive. Why would the FO want to spend so much to be mediocre if you believe their goal is to make money? They'd be better served getting whatever they can for them and tanking.

Do you think Boston will be good next year, how good?

I dont see the big issue. You are sacrificing range of motion at some point so there is a trade off. I rather have these guys less banged up than more.
At some point they become padded up like football players. I swear Anthony is wearing batman armor on his arm.

Sanjuro

KG/Pierce at their age are still alright, but very expensive. Why would the FO want to spend so much to be mediocre if you believe their goal is to make money? They'd be better served getting whatever they can for them and tanking.

Do you think Boston will be good next year, how good?

"If I believe their goal is to make money?" - Do you watch sports? That is the goal of every franchise of forever. They are expensive, but you aren't getting anything substantial for them. Pierce plays out his final year, KG probably retires, if not? Who cares.

Right now, with this team, on paper without injuries? They are a 5-7 position in the conference. KG/Pierce were not the problem with this team. Ainge simply doesn't know how to create a proper bench. Hell, I would even say proper, expected bench of a NBA team.

Greg Oden future.

Bread

Banned
Frank Isola ‏@FisolaNYDN 24s
Ian Mahinmi is like a 7-foot Avery Bradley. If he's in the NBA there are too many teams.

lol
....... that is one of the dumbest things I've ever read

celtics will be fine next year, rondo/avery/green/sully is a very strong core group. assuming pierce and kg stay, the team will definitely be good enough to take the top east teams to 7 in the playoffs

"If I believe their goal is to make money?" - Do you watch sports? That is the goal of every franchise of forever. They are expensive, but you aren't getting anything substantial for them. Pierce plays out his final year, KG probably retires, if not? Who cares.

Right now, with this team, on paper without injuries? They are a 5-7 position in the conference. KG/Pierce were not the problem with this team. Ainge simply doesn't know how to create a proper bench. Hell, I would even say proper, expected bench of a NBA team.

Greg Oden future.

The idea isn't to get a good pick via trade. You save money by cutting both of those guys and make it possible to suck hard enough for a good pick instead of paying tons for a really bad one.

5/6 seed is pretty out of reach for Boston next year. They have a much better shot at missing the playoffs than getting the 5 seed.

You need to accept that they done.

Sanjuro

The idea isn't to get a good pick via trade. You save money by cutting both of those guys and make it possible to suck hard enough for a good pick instead of paying tons for a really bad one.

5/6 seed is pretty out of reach for Boston next year. They have a much better shot at missing the playoffs than getting the 5 seed.

You need to accept that you don't watch a ton of basketball. The 5/6 seed is pretty out of reach for this team on paper? What the hell are you talking about?

I'm not sure what picks you are referring to. The NBA draft is a pretty desolate place, hence the emergence of the D-League.

Bread

Banned

no way, green made big strides in the second half of the season, sully was a bright spot before he got hurt. this team never had a chance to play at full strength.

Sanjuro

no way, green made big strides in the second half of the season, sully was a bright spot before he got hurt. this team never had a chance to play at full strength.

You don't fucking get it. We need to get younger players who are more prone to getting injured!

Also, we need Bradley at the center position.

You need to accept that you don't watch a ton of basketball. The 5/6 seed is pretty out of reach for this team on paper? What the hell are you talking about?

I'm not sure what picks you are referring to. The NBA draft is a pretty desolate place, hence the emergence of the D-League.

Yea, count on the d-league for talent, that's a better option than getting a top pick for next year's draft.

Boston relies on KG being good, that he has been much better than people expected these past couple seasons is a miracle. I think betting on him still being very good next season is losing bet. Celtics could still be a bottom seeded playoff team next year, but why would you want another first round exit?

So far Knicksball formula working out well.

- Shoot a buttload of threes.
- Force turnovers\Never turn to ball over (Dominate TO margin)
- Eliminate second-chance points.
- Keep FT gap narrow.
- Don't give up a shitton of open looks
- Don't sweat the other stuff.

exarkun

JR actively keeping the Pacers in.

Despite the Knicks increased D, and the Pacers turnovers, I still feel like the Pacers are the better team. Knicks are gonna get tired, Shump is gonna slump, and JR is gonna keep taking a dump. Pacers still in this.

JR actively keeping the Pacers in.

Despite the Knicks increased D, and the Pacers turnovers, I still feel like the Pacers are the better team. Knicks are gonna get tired, Shump is gonna slump, and JR is gonna keep taking a dump. Pacers still in this.

the fact that its a 5 pt game despite 12 pacer TO means pacers are still in this. were not doing a good job converting on those

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom