• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Rose has no Muscle Memories, Durant having Russell Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.
warriors just need to trade david lee before everyone else realizes that he's a net negative

How is he a net negative? Sure his defense is suspect, but his presence on the floor when healthy gives us another reliable scorer+rebounder (something Amare is allergic to). Bogut and Lee haven't even played together much during the regular season so really you can't gauge properly how good they'd be together. That and we did have success in the regular season playing small ball with Lee at the 5 for much of the season (for when teams resort to hack a bogut) and Landry at the 4. Bogut > Lee but it's not as if Lee is a useless stat padder like Troy Murphy..Lee is a solid player, it's his contract that I'm not a fan of.

Crisco

Banned
Man, it must be so tempting for Noah or any professional athlete that gets shit from a plasticked out nobody to just give them lip for a second.

I'd have caved her face in and told her that her plastic surgeon could start over now.

Man, it's a good thing I'm not a 6'10" professional athlete. Would definitely be in jail by now.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
A healthy Bogut could really help Lee cover up his shitty defensive traits. They would have loved to have had a healthy Lee the last two games, so that when their jump shots went cold and the Spurs started coming back, they could actually count on someone scoring inside. Golden State can't rebound for long stretches either and something tells me Lee might help there.

A healthy Bogut could really help Lee cover up his shitty defensive traits. They would have loved to have had a healthy Lee the last two games, so that when their jump shots went cold and the Spurs started coming back, they could actually count on someone scoring inside. Golden State can't rebound for long stretches either and something tells me Lee might help there.

If you want to score inside just put in Landry, dude has one of the best low post percentages in the league over his career IIRC

Lee may not be a good defender but he is a solid rebounder as well as a consistent scorer. Landry doesn't give you both. Shooters go through dry spells (even the best) and Lee would've provided offense (as he has done all year) for when the shooters are cold..

Lee may not be a good defender but he is a solid rebounder as well as a consistent scorer. Landry doesn't give you both. Shooters go through dry spells (even the best) and Lee would've provided offense (as he has done all year) for when the shooters are cold..

Interior scoring is more important than rebounding most of the time though, because a good chunk of rebounding can be luck due to more perimeter shooting in the league these days.

Cipherr

Sports message boards are a mess after last night. Same bulls fans that loved the physical play in the streak ending game crying about the physical play last night. Same ones calling Lebron soft for complaining about the physical play, are trying to hoist Noah and Taj into the sky for responding to physical play with 'passion' and getting ejected.

4aniir7.jpg

Fuck that noise, they got back what they put out and its the playoffs.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
For those saying Rose is wuss for not playing

Grant Hill’s Advice for Derrick Rose’s Critics

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-05-08/grant-hill-s-advice-for-derrick-rose-s-critics.html

Hill sat out the last few games of the regular season, amid criticism that he was worried about jeopardizing his free-agent payday. He returned for the playoffs, but in his second game he felt a “pop” in his ankle. Hill couldn’t go on. The ankle was diagnosed as broken. He underwent surgery four days later.

Hill wasn’t right. In the end, the ankle would require four more surgeries. He spent the prime of his career -- years when he should have been dominating the league -- in hospitals and training rooms

Take all the time you need dude!

Interior scoring is more important than rebounding most of the time though, because a good chunk of rebounding can be luck due to more perimeter shooting in the league these days.

Lee provides both interior scoring and rebounding whereas Landry gives you only interior scoring. I don't have the advanced statistics to back it up but I don't believe for a second that Landry is a better interior scorer than Lee at least not from what I've seen all year...

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Sports message boards are a mess after last night. Same bulls fans that loved the physical play in the streak ending game crying about the physical play last night. Same ones calling Lebron soft for complaining about the physical play, are trying to hoist Noah and Taj into the sky for responding to physical play with 'passion' and getting ejected.

4aniir7.jpg

Fuck that noise, they got back what they put out and its the playoffs.
"Passion" is the calling card for Bulls fans. A player could go 1-20, but if he yells and shows "passion", then he gets a pass.

For those saying Rose is wuss for not playing

Grant Hill’s Advice for Derrick Rose’s Critics

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-05-08/grant-hill-s-advice-for-derrick-rose-s-critics.html

Take all the time you need dude!

Totally fucking different situation. It's been almost 13 months since Rose had surgery. He's been killing people in practice and has been cleared for 2 and a half months. Even if the doctors did call him fit too early, it's been another fucking 2 and a half months since then. Shumpert and Rubio listened to their doctors and did the final part of the rehab process which is to play in games. I really can't stand fucking people who think they know better than doctors.

Edit: The Bulls even had Rose checked out at a clinic for a 2nd time. No setbacks or complications shown once again.

SoulPlaya

more money than God

Doc Holliday

Grant Hill's problem was that he came back too early in his recovery period, and he had a chronic ankle problem versus Rose's freak accident. Rose has now gone past his 12 month recovery period.

Has he ever shown a lack of heart or a lack of commitment to the bulls? Doesn't he deserve the benefit of the doubt on this one? We're not talking about Vince carter or some other guy who took off games here.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Has he ever shown a lack of heart or a lack of commitment to the bulls? Doesn't he deserve the benefit of the doubt on this one? We're not talking about Vince carter or some other guy who took off games here.
Benefit of the doubt? No, he doesn't deserve one. He's getting paid $20 million this year. He's been cleared for months. Hell, it's now past the 12 month period of his recovery, which is much longer than the usual 8 months for ACL surgery. Benefit of the doubt? He's only been in the league a few years.

Look, I'm sure he's afraid to play. I'm sure he is. I've known guys like him all my life in Chicago. Guys who will walk down the most dangerous streets of the city without blinking an eye, but have an illogical fear about most things (like Rose's fear of needles and ghosts). His fears are illogical, it's time to be a man, and it's time for him to play.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Rose is not getting paid $20mil a year. He's not even the Top 20 of paid NBA athletes.

Doc Holliday

Benefit of the doubt? No, he doesn't deserve one. He's getting paid $20 million this year. He's been cleared for months. Hell, it's now past the 12 month period of his recovery, which is much longer than the usual 8 months for ACL surgery. Benefit of the doubt? He's only been in the league a few years.

Look, I'm sure he's afraid to play. I'm sure he is. I've known guys like him all my life in Chicago. Guys who will walk down the most dangerous streets of the city without blinking an eye, but have an illogical fear about most things (like Rose's fear of needles and ghosts). His fears are illogical, it's time to be a man, and it's time for him to play.

PS there was never an official statement saying Rose was cleared to play. It was a "team source" just saying ;) Also how do you know what he's feeling?

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Rose is not getting paid $20mil a year. He's not even the Top 20 of paid NBA athletes.
You're right. He's getting paid $16,402,500 by the Bulls this year.

PS there was never an official statement saying Rose was cleared to play. It was a "team source" just saying ;) Also how do you know what he's feeling?
It's been confirmed by practically all outlets that Rose has been cleared to play for about two months now. And really, who cares what he's thinking. It's about whether he can actually play, and whether or not he's healthy enough to play.

Soulplaya why you care so much about a non-Boozer Bulls?
Because it pisses me off how much hate Boozer gets, while other Bulls players get passes for everything. Bulls fans hate Boozer for not being LeBron, not being the guy they wanted in 2010, but that's the Bulls FO's fault, not Boozer. They hate his contract, but that's not his fault, either.

He's a Bulls fan on the low, waiting for Rose to return to reveal he was lying all along.
No, I'm not. Stop saying that, people.

I'd like to think that if Wade ever left (which he won't), he would receive nothing but a standing ovation on his return.

But probably not knowing some folks around here...

Huh? I have never seen Miami fans be disrespectful for players that left normally. Shaq got an ovation. Wade would get a massive ovation.

LeBatard talking about crazy woman in the pic. lol

Seems she might be murderer and is from NY as I predicted (the NY thing not that she might have murdered someone).

I could see Golden State being a bad match up for Memphis. I could see the Heat curb stomping Golden State. You know, if it came down to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom