• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Rose has no Muscle Memories, Durant having Russell Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emwitus

Chandler is the same Chandler. I think people are starting to see how overrated he was to Dallas' championship. He certainly helped, but he wasn't the missing piece people thought. You know what made Dallas so much better? It was dumping that garbage pile called Erik Dampier and having a couple of real centers for once. Chandler's influence looked so great because he was taking over such a terrible center.

Shumpert has some level of ball handling and athleticism for offense.

Stoacavic became useless to the Mavs after getting past the Lakers, he was just a liability against the Thunder and Heat.

Neither Martin or Marion have any refinement to their offense. They are good for defense and Martin can protect the rim.

JR is just being pre-2011 playoff Terry.

Dirk is better than Carmelo.

The team around Carmelo is just as good as the 2011 Mavs. That team wasn't extremely talented. It had guys who knew their roles and had a great team gameplan.

lol That team moved the ball, had a better coach, was better defensively, everyone knew they're roles, chandler was alot healthier(Chandler is recovering from bulging disc in his neck), shumpert is recovering from knee surgery, kidd is a shell of himself and can't even score, martin is nowhere near as effective as marion who some people seam to forget carried mavs during stretches of that run and played great defense on players like kobe/durant/lebron. Finally, they don't have dirk. I mean c'mon, look at his numbers:
28.4 points, 7.5 rebounds and 2.7 assists per game. Additionally, 52 percent from the field, 52 percent from three and 93 percent from the free-throw line

Like gaddang! Those are historically great numbers.

50-50-90

I don't even think lebron can do that.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
I acknowledge that NY right now is not very good.

Melo is worse than Durant in about every possible way. Memphis is also better than Indy in about every way too. Melo has been eating dick in the playoffs his whole career. Melo has been in the league twice as long as Durant and accomplished half as much.

Thats Bullshit on Durant being better than Melo in everyway possible.... They both don't have help offensively. Also you know where indy is better than Memphis 3 pt defense which unfortunately was a key part of the knicks offense.

I will give you the point about accomplishments but hey FThunder man. Give Melo as many trips to the line and he would average 40 points a game.

But you know what. Its whatever I see the knicks winning this game and the majority of the haters shutting up for a 24 hour period as they prepare their next volley of "knicks suck" insults.

in what ways are Melo better than KD? KD has a better touch around the rim, better shooter from everywhere. Better rebounder, more efficient, better defender. melo maybe has a better post game, but who cares if he never uses it.

have help offensively. Also you know where indy is better than Memphis 3 pt defense which unfortunately was a key part of the knicks offense.

I will give you the point about accomplishments but hey FThunder man. Give Melo as many trips to the line and he would average 40 points a game.

But you know what. Its whatever I see the knicks winning this game and the majority of the haters shutting up for a 24 hour period as they prepare their next volley of "knicks suck" insults.
Guess which team is the second best at defending the 3?

Emwitus

in what ways are Melo better than KD? KD has a better touch around the rim, better shooter from everywhere. Better rebounder, more efficient, better defender. melo maybe has a better post game, but who cares if he never uses it.

Guess which team is the second best at defending the 3?

Remember when the knicks were bragging about beating the pacers in the regular season and expecting a confrence finals matchup?

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
One guy is Kevin Durant, the other guy sucks:

AeO3Phz.png

6YClxaF.png

lmao at "At Rim" and "< 10 ft" difference. Jesus.

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take, Melo misses 82% of the shots he takes over KD's attempts.

That's NBA SCORING CHAMPION Carmelo Anthony to you!

He's better at literally everything except for choking against inferior teams.

To be fair, I'm not sure OKC beats Indiana without Westbrook, either. They have been totally out of sync since he went down. KD was a monster up until the last two games, though, whereas Melo was his usual garbage self.

This thread would have me believe that Melo would be an even worse champion than LBJ, like everyone would root against him if he somehow made it to the Finals

I don't think anyone dislikes Melo, he's just not good enough to win a chip as the guy.

He's known as a scorer but it took super teams forming for him to get a scoring title.

Durant was very limited years back...just a shooter and a guy who worked in transition but each year he's come back with new tools. You couldn't imagine him being a drive and kick guy like he was in these playoffs. He wasn't great at it but he tried, and ultimately it was more effective than him just jacking bad shots.

Melo has to learn that.

"To be honest, I would put myself in the same category as LeBron James. I mean, at the end of the day, the only thing that he have that I don't have is more wins and a championship, that's it. I mean, but far as playing on the same level, competing every night, both ends, shooting inside outside, fast-break, transition...Carmelo Anthony have it all."

I could see Melo saying this.

This thread would have me believe that Melo would be an even worse champion than LBJ, like everyone would root against him if he somehow made it to the Finals

Nah, its just most everyone doubts he's good enough to get that far. Melo stopping Bron/Wade from chipping would be kewl. I'm neutral on Melo as a personality.

LeBron is the best player in the league. We cheer against him because we hated the "decision," can't stand stacked superteams, and we're also jealous he's not on our team. The dude is probably a huge douchebag, too, but so was Jordan. I won't hold that against him.

Melo is an overrated ballhog. The only things he excels at are destroying a team's salary cap, wearing a fedora, and chucking his way to a scoring title. I tried playing as him in NBA2K13, and all the face buttons defaulted to the shoot command. Most realistic game ever.

giri

I don't think anyone dislikes Melo, he's just not good enough to win a chip as the guy.

He's known as a scorer but it took super teams forming for him to get a scoring title.

Durant was very limited years back...just a shooter and a guy who worked in transition but each year he's come back with new tools. You couldn't imagine him being a drive and kick guy like he was in these playoffs. He wasn't great at it but he tried, and ultimately it was more effective than him just jacking bad shots.

Melo has to learn that.

lol

Just to clarify, thats AT this post, not with this post.

i think another difference in the melo-dirk comparison is that you can definitely see that dirk has improved as a passer post-2007 upset. i think he really learned to not take on double-teams and to correctly make the right decision and pass to the open guy. it happened a shitton in the '11 finals run.

i don't think melo has the bbiq to make those kinds of decisions with the ball in his hands.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I got a good joke for everyone!

Carmelo Anthony makes a jumpshot.

That's the joke.

I hate Carmelo because he's a black hole and a ballhog. Say what you want about Lebron, but at least he tries to find open teammates. You know if Carmelo gets the ball he's going to shoot no matter if three or four people are on him. And if he's having an off game? Forget it, he's still going to chuck away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom