• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Rose has no Muscle Memories, Durant having Russell Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.
they looked the superior team since game 2. all kind of people, me included, thought the Warriors looked like the better team for the first two games, then Pop stuck Leonard on Klay and Green on Steph, and won the series.
edit: but really, Duncan needs to get that 5th ring on his way out, while giving a fuck you to Lebron and douche Wade. the media backlash would be amazing if Bron lost in the Finals again.
if Spurs make it, Heat gonna sweep.

conf Finals
Heat in 4(5 max)
Grizzlies in 6

Warriors might be exciting to watch when they catch fire , but otherwise they play like a college team without the aimless hustle on D. This is also known as shitty basketball. They aren't even my squad and I get pissed off watching them.

The Spurs play in slow motion yet managed to get wide open looks every trip down court. But with Jackson's defensive gameplan amounting to "get stops" I guess that's not surprising--Pop schooled him.

they did not. theyre nothing like those SA teams from a decade ago, they played up tempo the whole way through

pilonv1

Other than Curry and Bogut, I don't like this Warrior team too much moving forward and I think they're overhyped as a team of the future but I guess we'll see.

Rush comes back, rookies have more experience, Biedrins and Jefferson are expring, Jack is a FA and will probably leave. What's not to like?

Biggest issue is Lee's contract and Landry only having 1 year left.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Spurs' interior defense, three point defense, and overall length is far too good for the Heat to sweep them in a potential matchup. Especially with an ailing Wade.

They couldn't sweep the fucking Bulls ffs.

a sweep of SA? lol.
The Spurs have the defenders to give dat work to every player on Miami minus Lebron. (and even then, they're smart and well coached enough to not let him drive)
Meh, Spurs couldn't even beat the heat bench + Bosh with the spurs starters playing heavy minutes and them out bounding Miami by 16 and 13 offensive boards. heat got this. violent sweep.

most important though, regular season = playoffs.

see5harp

Warriors might be exciting to watch when they catch fire , but otherwise they play like a college team without the aimless hustle on D. This is also known as shitty basketball. They aren't even my squad and I get pissed off watching them.

The Spurs play in slow motion yet managed to get wide open looks every trip down court. But with Jackson's defensive gameplan amounting to "get stops" I guess that's not surprising--Pop schooled him.

This is exactly how I feel. Warriors are infuriating to watch play unless Curry or Klay in unconscious. They don't move the ball well at all, turn the ball over, and play really spotty defense. Spurs got a ton of wide open looks tonight and probably should have won easily.

Meh, Spurs couldn't even beat the heat bench + Bosh with the spurs starters playing heavy minutes and them out bounding Miami by 16 and 13 offensive boards. heat got this. violent sweep.

most important though, regular season = playoffs.

you got beat on your own home floor by Nate Robinson and a Bulls squad held together by duct tape. Won by just three points in the last closeout game. I salivate at the thought of what Parker will do to yall

you got beat on your own home floor by Nate Robinson and a Bulls squad held together by duct tape. Won by just three points in the last closeout game. I salivate at the thought of what Parker will do to yall
avatar bet right now if Spurs make it to the finals they don't win more than one game against the Heat.

and pshh, the way Parker's been playing these playoffs, norris cole will have no problem shutting him down.

AcridMeat

Banned
Home now, more time for analysis.

Curry is a great player no doubt, but he needs to learn some discipline with his decision making. He looks amateurish out there a lot of the time with the amount of dumb giveaways or shots he takes. He's hugely gifted so sometimes those plays work out for him, but it's what leads to games where he ends up shooting 30% with a bunch of turnovers.

Is there any way to bring in a defensive assistant coach? I know that one assistant was pretty much the offense, it'd be great to get one for defense as well. Someone mentioned "get stops" as Jackson's defensive plan, and they're right it's horrible. They're such a young team they need to be molded into a cohesive unit. A lot of the latter part of this series was them running around chasing the ball, and getting sunk on open threes over and over. If the Spurs shot well, they would have been put away much earlier in the series.

Also having 3 bigs in Biedrins/Ezeli/Bogut there's no excuse to lack an inside presence at all times. Maybe Lee can even learn something.

Another thing about this series, Jackson waited way too fucking long to use Biedrins, similar to Hamilton with the Bulls. Biedrins should have been utilized instead of running Green and Landry as the big men when the Spurs would have people like Splitter or Duncan in.

Won't take away that this team played damn well this year for what was expected, especially with the injuries down the line.

Is there a list of point guards that are free agents this off-season? I want to see who could replace Jack, because for as well as he can play, he can play equally as poorly in the same instant.

Nameless

This is exactly how I feel. Warriors are infuriating to watch play unless Curry or Klay in unconscious. They don't move the ball well at all, turn the ball over, and play really spotty defense. Spurs got a ton of wide open looks tonight and probably should have won easily.

If I were a Warriors fan I'd hope for a tanked season leading to a coaching change. Imagine Curry being on the team getting wide open shots from good play calling. Not gonna happen with MJ.

Rush comes back, rookies have more experience, Biedrins and Jefferson are expring, Jack is a FA and will probably leave. What's not to like?

Biggest issue is Lee's contract and Landry only having 1 year left.

They're just really dependent on injury-prone players and I don't think they have enough high level scoring.

They'll still probably be good though.

avatar bet right now if Spurs make it to the finals they don't win more than one game against the Heat.

and pshh, the way Parker's been playing these playoffs, norris cole will have no problem shutting him down.
too easy.
Ill make a year long avatar bet, cause I think coach Spo is a fraud and will wilt against a smart coach with a healthy, talented roster. (I dont think Lionel Hollins is a smart coach, so the Heat have a better chance against the Grizz than the Spurs, imo)

PBY

Banned
too easy.
Ill make a year long avatar bet, cause I think coach Spo is a fraud and will wilt against a smart coach with a healthy, talented roster. (I dont think Lionel Hollins is a smart coach, so the Heat have a better chance against the Grizz than the Spurs, imo)

smh.

Emwitus

too easy.

dang i hate your avatar

too easy.
It's on.

I don't get the Spo fraud thing. It's obvious that his offensive system is good and it works even without the big 3 on the floor. Defense has always been good under him. It's just that the only coach worse at motivating his players is Scotty Brooks.

out coached doc too in that boston series.
dang i hate your avatar
hopefully he does too :)

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
jesus christ

the WCF is SUNDAY?!?!

Spurs would have more than 1 day off for the first time in 2 weeks!

Vahagn

It's on.

I don't get the Spo fraud thing. It's obvious that his offensive system is good and it works even without the big 3 on the floor. Defense has always been good under him. It's just that the only coach worse at motivating his players is Scotty Brooks.

out coached doc too in that boston series.

hopefully he does too :)

That's BS. He didn't out coach Doc at all. Doc completely out coached him. Then Lebron had his second best postseason game ever in game 6 and the Celtics got shell shocked.

Our coached Doc Rivers? ffs

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Doc Rivers annoys me...not for his coaching style but his post game shit

Every post game he comes to the interview area with his tie loose and first shirt button open like he just got home from a long day of selling insurance door to door.

do people forget spo making a team of wade and shit look decent. he may not be legendary but I'm not sure what he's done to have such disrespect from a few

this guy was picked by riley. you guys act like he was a fan who won the job lol

Not official but if true huge blow for Indy:
Frank Isola @FisolaNYDN about 34 minutes ago
Lot of confusion over whether NBA's concussion policy will allow George Hill to play. He looked ok to me but my guess, he's done for series

Frank Isola @FisolaNYDN about 25 minutes ago
Reading NBA protocol, it doesn't look good for George Hill. This year, Pau Gasol missed 10 days with a concussion. Michael Kidd-Gilchrist 5
Brian Mahoney @briancmahoney about 26 minutes ago
From our AP story when the concussion policy went in place in Dec. 2011, "the process will likely take at least several days, if not weeks."

Brian Mahoney @briancmahoney about 24 minutes ago
That probably rules Hill out for the series but not necessarily the season if Pacers keep advancing.
Scott Agness @ScottAgness 16 May
To return, Hill must pass an online test, several exertion tests & then consult with a league neurologist. Could take several days, at least

Grizz in 3 :(

[why the fuck do we only get 2 days rest man. ECF hasnt even started. And Sunday morning? Fuck. The Spurs have always sucked at morning games]

[great series warriors-age. Good luck next year. Love ya'll <3]

Warriors have $74 million committed next year if Landy picks up his option (I'm assuming Biedrens and RJeff do of course).

They also have no 1st round pick.

They also would lose Jack in that scenario. They could lose both Jack and Landry and not even have a full MLE to offer.

Sure, they get back Rush, but Barnes took a huge step up in the postseason and that's not guaranteed to continue. Lee had his peak season, Curry and Bogut could easily go back to missing a lot of games.

Not to rain on their parade, it was nice they got to the 2nd round and all (hell, I picked them to at least make the playoffs, one of the few, in preseason) but there's no guarantee they'll get better like we knew OKC would a few years ago.

They will have to either swing their expirings for a good player or trade Lee or Thompson to really take the next step.

Is there any way to bring in a defensive assistant coach? I know that one assistant was pretty much the offense, it'd be great to get one for defense as well. Someone mentioned "get stops" as Jackson's defensive plan, and they're right it's horrible. They're such a young team they need to be molded into a cohesive unit. A lot of the latter part of this series was them running around chasing the ball, and getting sunk on open threes over and over. If the Spurs shot well, they would have been put away much earlier in the series.

Is there a list of point guards that are free agents this off-season? I want to see who could replace Jack, because for as well as he can play, he can play equally as poorly in the same instant.

Malone is the defensive guy. He does the Xs and Os for offense, but he's also a large part of the why our defense has improved so dramatically from past years. He's probably gone next year too since he deserves a head coach job.

We could potentially pick up Jose Calderon to replace Jack. I like Calderon's game a whole lot more than Jack's too, plus dude is gangster.

I think the Warriors peaked this season. The is no way that Curry has another season like the one he just had with those paper ankles. As long as Mark Jackson is the coach, the team will be 1 and out in the playoffs if they do make them.

Ason Ki

kiddsucks.gif

jjasper

Responding to the wishes of NBA Commissioner David Stern, the Maloof family completed the sale of the Sacramento Kings to a local group led by software magnate Vivek Ranadive, on a franchise valuation of $535 million, which will be a league record, a league source confirmed late Thursday. That group will keep the team in Sacramento and work toward construction of a long-awaiting arena in the city's downtown area.

Guess this is finally over.

4 days of rest between game 2 and game 3 for WCF.

If the Spurs can actually take advantage of their home court advantage, than I think they have the talent to steal one in Memphis and win it in game 5 or 6. But that is contingent on San Antonio not giving up a home game like OKC did, and couldn't make it out of Memphis. The only advantage the Spurs have is the Grizz don't have the same type of dynamic players as Golden State did and they are only a day more rested than them.

San Antonio is probably better suited for a drag out fight than a gunshoot, so while this matchup will undoubtedly be challenging (and exciting), they stand a very good chance if everyone is on the same page, much better than last year.

Every post game he comes to the interview area with his tie loose and first shirt button open like he just got home from a long day of selling insurance door to door.

At least he has enough respect for the league to wear a tie in the first place. Pop looks like a used car salesman during games, and afterwards looks like your average lawn help. Dispicable.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

Irony how does it work

Phil Jackson finally talks about MJ versus Kobe:

"One of the biggest differences between the two stars from my perspective was Michael's superior skills as a leader," Jackson writes. "Though at times he could be hard on his teammates, Michael was masterful at controlling the emotional climate of the team with the power of his presence. Kobe had a long way to go before he could make that claim. He talked a good game, but he'd yet to experience the cold truth of leadership in his bones, as Michael had in his bones."

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9285372/phil-jackson-compares-michael-jordan-kobe-bryant-book

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom