• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Rose has no Muscle Memories, Durant having Russell Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.
The NBA owners offered to refund a $30 million non-refundable deposit made by the Chris Hansen-Steve Ballmer ownership group that was made when entering into a purchase agreement with the Sacramento Kings.

The Seattle-based group had agreed to buy the team from the Maloof family.

Hansen and Ballmer declined to accept the offer, which would have come from each of the NBA's 30 owners.

huh

PBY

Banned
Knicks gon win tomorrow. Frankman has won me over, Stern gonna Stern.

KNICKS IN SEVEN.

GO COOKIE THIEVES!

GO BULLIES!

No dunk for you

29609d3c208cf13c2b59bbd7d1039ee9.gif

"wifebeater? take that you mother*****"

Really, Spethenson deserves all of that and more.

I haven't watched any of the Warriors series...something meh about it to me for some reason.

How good have the Spurs looked thus far? Do they have any chance against the Heat?

Grizz are easily the most likable team left, true at the start of the playoffs too.

...You can't be serious. Not with Zach Randolph. They're about as likable as the Baltimore Ravens.

How good have the Spurs looked thus far? Do they have any chance against the Heat?

Sloppy. There are games when they resemble the February team that made them seem destined for a showdown with Miami, but most of the other times it's Manu displaying why he's headed to retirement sooner rather than later, and Parker trying to get into a rhythm despite being a human pinball. Really the Spurs bench have been the key so far, and in particular Kawhi Leonard. If San Antonio wants to make it beyond Memphis, and even stand a chance against Miami, they need their stars to begin playing consistently. San Antonio can't afford cold nights like last night's game against a Grizzlies D that will knock them in their teeth. Last season, I had more faith in Duncan, Parker and Ginobli than the bench; now, I have more faith in Splitter, Leonard and Green.

I don't even think it matters. They have trouble scoring consistently in general.

Their D definitely keeps them in games that teams with worse D would have lost, I just honestly can't say with any conviction that 1 team has a better chance of beating the other.

...You can't be serious. Not with Zach Randolph. They're about as likable as the Baltimore Ravens.

Actually I like ZBo a lot, and TAllen and Mike C and Gasol and Prince. No other team has a starting 5 nearly as likable.

You gotta be a Clips or Thunder fan just upset at how bad he wore Ibaka/Perk or Deandre/Blake out

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Even against the lakeshow?
Their offense sputters constantly. Even against crap defenses.

I wouldn't even make a bet on the series either way until game 2. The spurs and pop could've been trolling us all in the first two rounds for I know.

Actually I like ZBo a lot, and TAllen and Mike C and Gasol and Prince. No other team has a starting 5 nearly as likable.

Zbo is about as big of a punk as they come. Sorry. The rest I'll give you, but Randolph is the only player who manages to even come close to Kobe Bryant (and I'll throw in Carmelo Anthony) territory with me. Every other team in the West, bar the Lakers, I had no problems with, but the Grizzlies are just one of those teams I simply cannot stand. To each their own. Maybe it's because they remind me too much of a Pittsburgh/Baltimore basketball equivalent, but I just don't.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Manu needs to step up the rest of the run or the Spurs might not keep him. (free agent)

Emwitus

Zbo is about as big of a punk as they come. Sorry. The rest I'll give you, but Randolph is the only player who manages to even come close to Kobe Bryant (and I'll throw in Carmelo Anthony) territory with me. Every other team in the West, bar the Lakers, I had no problems with, but the Grizzlies are just one of those teams I simply cannot stand. To each their own. Maybe it's because they remind me too much of a Pittsburgh/Baltimore basketball equivalent, but I just don't.

Really? I don't think you have any idea how much of a douche kobe is. You might be confusing grit and hard play with likability. He isn't even on the level of griffin/perk.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Eh, Zach has mellowed out the past couple of years, but his off-court transgressions are far and wide. He's turned it around, but just a couple short years ago, he was doing some dumb shit.

Zbo is about as big of a punk as they come. Sorry. The rest I'll give you, but Randolph is the only player who manages to even come close to Kobe Bryant (and I'll throw in Carmelo Anthony) territory with me. Every other team in the West, bar the Lakers, I had no problems with, but the Grizzlies are just one of those teams I simply cannot stand. To each their own.

Even if ZBo rubs you the wrong way like your name was Blake Griffin, the rest of the squad more than makes up for 1 dude.

LA has KB Dwight Pau
Clips has CP Griff Barnes Jamal LO DJ
Rox have a bunch of guys no one cares about
GS is probably 2nd most likable, just don't stare at Klay too long
SA has Manu's inflatable tube man flops, TD's 'I never fouled in my life' face and TP's general sleaze
OKC has King Turd Perk and Kmart and Fish

Indy is aight and Bulls too, rest of the east can sink into the sea.

DY_nasty

Indy is never 'aite'.

Fuck outta here
Eh, Zach has mellowed out the past couple of years, but his off-court transgressions are far and wide. He's turned it around, but just a couple short years ago, he was doing some dumb shit.
True, but entourage thuggery aside he's done a lot of good things for the community in Memphis - never thought I'd ever see him labeled as 'untradeable' due to his offcourt contributions.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
True, but entourage thuggery aside he's done a lot of good things for the community in Memphis - never thought I'd ever see him labeled as 'untradeable' due to his offcourt contributions.

Man, he's even done some stupid shit in Memphis. Most of it was because he let his entourage use his goodwill for criminal shit though, so it's a lot of guilt-by-association, but his hands weren't exactly clean.

But like I said, that's seemingly past him now. His big hurdle will be how he handles himself post-NBA. His problem is that he's too generous and gullible. Until recently, he just didn't know where to focus his generosity on.

jjasper

Ha thank god I didn't listen to his shit show today. Then again I learned in this thread that Rudy Gay = Melo

I was joking when I posted that. But found it interesting that no one could say anything Melo individually did better than Gay other than his teams win (which is important).

effzee

why is he so obsessed with Melo? read his dog whistle shit about John Wall the other day, what a little piece of shit the guy is

Much like Skip he basically picks a point of view and then no matter what has to support it over and over. The same argument Skip makes (or used to) about Lebron can be applied word for word to a guy like Romo but in that argument Skip is pro Romo so he makes up reasons why. Same with Tebow or whatever else. For Cowshit its constantly proving his own superiority by being right about Melo. Then he does the worst analogies like Family Guy type flashbacks all the time.

Melo has the Wade/Lebron/Bosh blockade stopping him from possibly winning a title for another 2-3 seasons unless something drastic changes the landscape of the NBA. So Colin would "win" no matter what. Melo would always be eliminated from the playoffs so he would always be right about not being able to win a chip. Meanwhile he defends Durant endlessly.

thekad

Banned
Much like Skip he basically picks a point of view and then no matter what has to support it over and over. The same argument Skip makes (or used to) about Lebron can be applied word for word to a guy like Romo but in that argument Skip is pro Romo so he makes up reasons why. Same with Tebow or whatever else. For Cowshit its constantly proving his own superiority by being right about Melo. Then he does the worst analogies like Family Guy type flashbacks all the time.

Melo has the Wade/Lebron/Bosh blockade stopping him from possibly winning a title for another 2-3 seasons unless something drastic changes the landscape of the NBA. So Colin would "win" no matter what. Melo would always be eliminated from the playoffs so he would always be right about not being able to win a chip. Meanwhile he defends Durant endlessly.

Nothing is stopping Melo from a title save for his own mediocrity.

wait whole up what did he say about my boy Jimmy Wall?

said he didnt have leadership skills cause he grew up in a single parent home, said he was low iq, out of control and compared him to a bank robber. real race baiting shit, the little cocksucker deserved a punch in the mouth for dragging Wall's family into it.

DY_nasty

said he didnt have leadership skills cause he grew up in a single parent home, said he was low iq, out of control and compared him to a bank robber. real race baiting shit, the little cocksucker deserved a punch in the mouth for dragging Wall's family into it.

That's...

a bit much

KingKong

wasn't he the one that was absolutely indignant about him doing the Dougie or is that someone else?

thekad

Banned
sounds like it came straight from the mouth of DY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom