• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Rose has no Muscle Memories, Durant having Russell Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.

masud

Banned
The only way the Knicks win with Melo is if they manage to get another player who's better than him. Melo as the alpha is not gonna work. Unfortunately they eliminated any chance of that happening when they botched that trade with Denver. I said as much at the time.

The same folks who gave KD a pass for going out like a chump at home will attack Melo tonight even tho he has worse teammates

Melo has three playoff series wins in 10 years (only one against a healthy team) and has been terribly inefficient in almost every series he's ever played in, lol.

Ugh what is with these reporters? "Hey Roy do me a favor and talk about your match up with Chandler. Oh and you guys feel free to chip in too."

Zep

Banned
The only way the Knicks win with Melo is if they manage to get another player who's better than him. Melo as the alpha is not gonna work. Unfortunately they eliminated any chance of that happening when they botched that trade with Denver. I said as much at the time.

Donnie's gotta
retirement
plan!

yo.

Believe

chris_paul_knicks_sig_by_angelmaker666-d3abzor.jpg

the Spurs should win that series. Memphis struggled to score against a busted Thunder team and SA has too many offensive weapons for grit and grind to overwhelm them.

Spurs couldn't score 100 against a really lakers and mediocre warriors defense. Their offense has looked like hot shit for 6 weeks.

Zep - I just think Memphis is only slightly better so while I think Memphis will win I'm not willing to bet on it.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
the Spurs should win that series. Memphis struggled to score against a busted Thunder team and SA has too many offensive weapons for grit and grind to overwhelm them.
The Clippers had a lot of offensive weapons and still lost.

They would have to find a team to take on Amare's contract (not happening) or Chandler's contract (after the way this season ended, also not happening). So....not happening.

There's a better chance of CP3 being a Laker (though in reality, not happening either) than a Knick since Pau has more value than either Tyson or Amare right now.

Down 3-2 to a meh Pacers team on the road because Melo played like trash. His shitty play out them in the position to get their ass beat tonight.

this is the best you can do? There are other better arguments you can make, man. Dude played out of his mind and just tired down the stretch. Not to mention that timely Hibbert block.

I like Melo. I stand by my 2011 "Trade 4 Melo" campaign and think the Lakers would have been better off the last two years had they somehow been able to get him for Bynum....but the guy is not a championship Alpha. He's got too many holes in his game.

thekad

Banned

this is the best you can do? There are other better arguments you can make, man. Dude played out of his mind and just tired down the stretch. Not to mention that timely Hibbert block.
Out of his mind :lol He had a TS% below 50 and more turnovers than assists until tonight.

Actually he still has more turnovers than assists.

Carmelo at the podium.
Al Iannazzone @Al_Iannazzone about 18 minutes ago
Carmelo Anthony is sitting at his locker, looking like a very frustrated, upset, stunned and almost numb.
Chris Herring @HerringWSJ about 19 minutes ago
Melo sat at his locker for quite a while with a blank stare in his eye. Team clearly expected to win this series.
Out of his mind :lol He had a TS% below 50 and more turnovers than assists until tonight.

Actually he still has more turnovers than assists.
I'm talking about Game 6. And yeah, those TOs were in the 4th, a bad jumppass and another to Chandler that Chandler whiffed on. Kill him.

Spurs couldn't score 100 against a really lakers and mediocre warriors defense. Their offense has looked like hot shit for 6 weeks.

Zep - I just think Memphis is only slightly better so while I think Memphis will win I'm not willing to bet on it.

Duncan, Parker and Manu played like shit in the close out game against Golden State and they still won.theyre just too well oiled of a machine.

The Clippers had a lot of offensive weapons and still lost.
I dont think you can compare a VDN offense to anything coach Pop does.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Kurt Helin ‏@basketballtalk 36 min

NBA's final four has small market Pacers, Grizzlies, Spurs — and before you call Miami a big market they are 17th largest TV Market in NBA.
Really? Miami, you disappoint.

Edit: Wait, even though they are not in the top 10 tv market wise, can Miami be really considered as a small market team?

"Kurt Helin ‏@basketballtalk 36 min

NBA's final four has small market Pacers, Grizzlies, Spurs — and before you call Miami a big market they are 17th largest TV Market in NBA."

Really? Miami, you disappoint.
ever since lebron came to town, miami has become a big market all of a sudden.

edit: i guess shaq too, but really pat riley is just a pimp

Vahagn

Freethrow disparity in last 3 games:
Knicks - 49
Pacers - 109

Fouls:
Knicks - 93
Pacers - 52

Jump shooting Team Vs. Post Playing Team.

Disciplined Defense Vs. Negative BBall IQ Defense.

The Pacers were better defensively at every single position.

None of those numbers were surprising

Cloudy

Banned
Melo has three playoff series wins in 10 years (only one against a healthy team) and has been terribly inefficient in almost every series he's ever played in, lol.

Look what happened to KD's efficiency without Westbrook when he actually faced a good team. Melo has had a really good supporting cast once and he made the WCF with them

Going out of town and will be really busy for the next week :/

Hopefully Hibbert plays like the elite center he is again on his path to his Finals MVP and Hall of Fame slot.

Look what happened to KD's efficiency without Westbrook when he actually faced a good team. Melo has had a really good supporting cast once and he made the WCF with them

Durant's TS% this year in the playoffs was 57.4%, pretty disappointing for him.

Melo has only exceeded that mark once in his 10 postseason appearances lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom