• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Rose has no Muscle Memories, Durant having Russell Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Yo Mamba, did you see how I perfectly called that Mad Men ending to tonight's episode?

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I knew his age the moment he told us that his 2002 Toyota MR2 drop-top is a chick magnet.

The Light

Kinda late on this but what was up with the espn crew talking about lack of commercials for James instead of the game that just happened?

PBY

Banned
Pimp I feel u heat-bro. I gotta cut down on my posting, mostly because it's become a crutch not to study, which is not okay in law school.

I still got plenty of salt for Knicks age tho.

Pimpwerx

I'm almost there. LOL! Sobering up a bit. The great irony of my post is that most people in this thread weren't even on this forum when I was actually a decent poster. So that post probably missed its mark completely, but it's still better than making a new thread about it. That would've been too self-indulgent, and would probably have earned me some sort of reprimand.

So Blackace, you gonna take it easy on me now? I'm pretty sure all but one of my bans has come in this thread, which is puzzling because I actually care about the Heat. PEACE.

giri

Maybe people are just in a reflective mood after seeing the Knicks defeated by fuckball. "Fuck da Knicks" is the official slogan of the thread but it was pretty intense seeing the Knicks be fucked by literal fuckball.

i lol'd.

@Pimp

There's nothing wrong with becoming self aware and reflective, just make sure action follows the words.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I'm almost there. LOL! Sobering up a bit. The great irony of my post is that most people in this thread weren't even on this forum when I was actually a decent poster. So that post probably missed its mark completely, but it's still better than making a new thread about it. That would've been too self-indulgent, and would probably have earned me some sort of reprimand.

So Blackace, you gonna take it easy on me now? I'm pretty sure all but one of my bans has come in this thread, which is puzzling because I actually care about the Heat. PEACE.

When were you a decent poster again?

And your bans came from as you know being a troll...

Pimpwerx

When were you a decent poster again?

And your bans came from as you know being a troll...

I used to be back when I cared about video games. I only say so because I'd get votes in those favorite poster threads when the forum was still unified. Of course, that's aeons ago. In any case, I don't troll any more or less than the next man. At least, that's the thought. I suppose I've had the balance all wrong, which is kinda what spurred that post. Still, you're too trigger happy, bruh. I bring balance to the force. :D PEACE.

aznpxdd

We need some bonding time with the neo-NBAGAF. I suggest we start back that one game pretty much all of NBA GAF were playing around 5 offseasons ago. Fuck, forgot what its called!

All I remember were DY's betrayalton and Kado's TNT reports. sogood.gif

giri

We need some bonding time with the neo-NBAGAF. I suggest we start back that one game pretty much all of NBA GAF were playing around 5 offseasons ago. Fuck, forgot what its called!

Sup, if you haven't, try some of the Jura line of scotches. They're fantastic.

exarkun

We knew pimp's age when he would talk about his scooter.

Around my neighborhood, 35 is when most of the guys start eating lunch at the strip club on wednesdays because they have the best steak. How are those lunch specials?

aznpxdd

Sup, if you haven't, try some of the Jura line of scotches. They're fantastic.

Nice, I will pick a bottle up at the airport on my next business trip. I haven't had hard liquor in awhile, just been spending time with Mary Jane err day.

giri

Nice, I will pick a bottle up at the airport on my next business trip. I haven't had hard liquor in awhile, just been spending time with Mary Jane err day.

Yeah, you were saying so last time.

But yeah, i'm really loving the whole Jura range. Very spiffy. I'll be your way ~ march/april/may next year. Should drink far too expensive alcohol.

Also, make sure you're not getting that fake alcohol that is killing everyone.

aznpxdd

Yeah, you were saying so last time.

But yeah, i'm really loving the whole Jura range. Very spiffy. I'll be your way ~ march/april/may next year. Should drink far too expensive alcohol.

Also, make sure you're not getting that fake alcohol that is killing everyone.

Where are you visiting next year?

aznpxdd

Doing 3 weeks japan, 3 weeks korea. Got an old class mate that lives in China though, and we're catching up in Japan, but he wants me to go to China, he's near shanghai somewhere.

Oooh nice. You should definitely check out Shanghai if you've got the chance, its a pretty awesome city (though very commercialized). I fly to Shanghai once every month/couple months to attend MBA there.

The Pacers are an insufferably boring team.

thats why NY needs to get its shit together. Get Melo some easier looks off the ball. and dont let that fuckball offense crack 100 points ever again. also, I dunno what in the fuck Chandler was doing in the last few minutes of the game but his two costly and dumb fouls buried any chance of a scoring run.

thats why NY needs to get its shit together. Get Melo some easier looks off the ball. and dont let that fuckball offense crack 100 points ever again. also, I dunno what in the fuck Chandler was doing in the last few minutes of the game but his two costly and dumb fouls buried any chance of a scoring run.

NY is a mentally weak team. The fact that Boston made the series competitive and damn near came back from an enormous hole in the last game is proof enough that NY is soft mentally. I'm also not big on Carmelo. Every third game he'll have a bright showing and he'll show case his talents, but every one of those games he gives you he completely turns into a blackhole chucker in the other two.

It's funny, I've praised the staff for their adjustments out of halftime but man Woodson loves to ditch said adjustments when the game gets close (see Celts Game 6 and the absence of PnR). Regarding Chandler, even the Pacers beat guys were asking if Hibbert saw anything wrong with Chandler, and Hibbert said he looked fine. I just think Chandler got taken out of his game early with the foul woes and never recovered, while Hibbert had a fantastic day.

Using 2 years of data of h2h matchups, Chandler usually wins versus Hibbert. I hope to re-watch the game because I remember someone saying Pacers were blowing up the PnR by sending another guy to impede the roller, I missed that.

Blackace

I used to be back when I cared about video games. I only say so because I'd get votes in those favorite poster threads when the forum was still unified. Of course, that's aeons ago. In any case, I don't troll any more or less than the next man. At least, that's the thought. I suppose I've had the balance all wrong, which is kinda what spurred that post. Still, you're too trigger happy, bruh. I bring balance to the force. :D PEACE.

Nope, you are a troll. In a drunken moment you realized it, and now it's my fault. Smooth

Blackace

We knew pimp's age when he would talk about his scooter.

Around my neighborhood, 35 is when most of the guys start eating lunch at the strip club on wednesdays because they have the best steak. How are those lunch specials?

Your neighborhood is a trailer-park?

Sanjuro

Is the first round over yet? I don't see anymore games listed for this week, but there could always be a seven day period before the next game.

Court Rivals? oh god that summer was amazing

lmao I remember when a few times I would tell my friends "hey, uh, I've got something I gotta do at 9..."

Alienware

ballsinelli.gif

Is he holding his balls?
Like they're so big and heavy he's forced to hold them with his hands or they'd fall on the ground?

Awesome Beli though, Italy is proud of you.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Court Rivals? oh god that summer was amazing

lmao I remember when a few times I would tell my friends "hey, uh, I've got something I gotta do at 9..."

I totally did that, too. If only they knew I had to get on IRC and watch this weird basketball simulation that I put way too much effort into.

Gary Washburn of the Boston(!) Globe is the idiot who voted for Chuckmelo.
An Idiot Justifying His Idiotic Choice.

It basically comes down to that old timey argument that "he's more valuable to his team" than LeBron is to his, multiple all-stars on the Heat, yadda, yadda, yadda. I've always hated that argument and think they should change the name of the award to "Player of the Year" or "Most Outstanding Player" or something to that effect. Look what happened to the Celtics in the playoffs without Rondo. Look at what's happening to OKC without Westbrook. I think either of those guys meet the criteria of being valuable to their teams as much as Melo's ability to shoot his team out of a game.

Also, I'm shamelessly going to steal this fake Steven A. Smith response that someone threw up on Deadspin, since it's spot on.

7wAUdFJ.jpg

"I love Gary Washburn. He's a great reporter, and a better friend. We have biweekly clambakes throughout the summer, every summer, just the two of us. We go in together on every gift we ever purchase. I have donated Gary Washburn both of my kidneys, multiple times, and he is the mother of two of my children. But Gary Washburn should be shot in the face, and left in a shallow, seaside grave, and my sources agree."

Eh, Melo probably was "more valuable to his team" than Lebron, as the Heat without Bron probably win 50 games, and the Knicks probably don't make the playoffs.

But yeah, LeBron was the best player in the league hands down, but I don't think his play was so dominantly better than Durant that it should have been unanimous.

NY is a mentally weak team. The fact that Boston made the series competitive and damn near came back from an enormous hole in the last game is proof enough that NY is soft mentally. I'm also not big on Carmelo. Every third game he'll have a bright showing and he'll show case his talents, but every one of those games he gives you he completely turns into a blackhole chucker in the other two.

It's funny, because the Knicks get criticized for beating Boston the same way they would be criticized for losing to them - which they didn't do.

Anyway, the way to beat Indiana is to impose our pace on them. We should concede the size/defensive rebounding to them, and look to limit the ability of Hibbert to chill by the rim and act as a wall. We gotta stretch their defense out somehow.

Finally, that article about the Melo vote confirms what I said earlier - a total troll vote, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom