• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Rose has no Muscle Memories, Durant having Russell Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.

linsivvi

Nash MVPs come with asterisk because voters didn't want to give it to Kobe. Nash had a better season in 06-07 than either of his MVP winning seasons.

People like Marc Stein actively campaigned against Kobe during those seasons, using artificial rules like teams must win at least x games and a bunch of frivolous reasons.

So when the time came for Rose to win that MVP, I was all for it even though he shouldn't have won it. It the shitty rules the media themselves made up.

Trolol

BJmCi8bCIAEF5nG.jpg:large

"stinko de mayo" would have worked better IMO

just like frank isola predicted lol

LuchaShaq

Banned
People like Marc Stein actively campaigned against Kobe during those seasons, using artificial rules like teams must win at least x games and a bunch of frivolous reasons.

So when the time came for Rose to win that MVP, I was all for it even though he shouldn't have won it. It the shitty rules the media themselves made up.

I probably dislike Kobe more than any poster on here.

That said dude probably deserved 2-3 mvps, but didn't even deserve the one he did get. It was as if the media saw him getting a little old and then panicked to make sure he got an MVP before Lebron took the award over for awhile.

The Nash/Rose MVP's are just awful.

PBY

Banned
No Deng, no Hinrich, and it's in Miami, so Taj Gibson will likely be drunk, and you still think Heat will look bad?

Heat have played down to worse opposition, and the Bulls slow down and muddy up the game enough that we won't be able to style on them. Noah is a tough matchup for us too.

I just think a week+ layover is tough.

linsivvi

I probably dislike Kobe more than any poster on here.

That said dude probably deserved 2-3 mvps, but didn't even deserve the one he did get. It was as if the media saw him getting a little old and then panicked to make sure he got an MVP before Lebron took the award over for awhile.

The Nash/Rose MVP's are just awful.

The media are always doing make up calls on MVP votes these days. Shaq should've gotten more.

At least they didn't screw up with LeBron.

LuchaShaq

Banned
The media are always doing make up calls on MVP votes these days. Shaq should've gotten more.

At least they didn't screw up with LeBron.

Durant will get an MVP one of the next two-three seasons if he plays at his current level unless Lebron averages a triple double at 60% fg shooting.

Media will get desperate and bored.

Emwitus

It's amazing how people assume lebron will keep chugging along like some kind of machine. I'd actually be surprised if durant/cp3 don't win next year. I actually bet on anything cp3 is the defacto mvp next year.

It's amazing how people assume lebron will keep chugging along like some kind of machine. I'd actually be surprised if durant/cp3 don't win next year. I actually bet on anything cp3 is the defacto mvp next year.

He will be 29 next year,he will still be playing well. MVP is a given for him next year. Accept it.

Nori Chan

mvp in dallas that's not dirk?

brandi am cry

Emwitus

He will be 29 next year,he will still be playing well. MVP is a given for him next year. Accept it.

I've been saying it over and over again, age is not the factor here. His back to back to back finals appearances and minutes will be the issue. Just like it has been for the lakers every single time they have done it. That's assuming miami make it to the finals ofcourse which is a given right now. If his body won't breakdown, miami as a team will starting with wade and then arguments of the mvp being from the top teams will be the factor. One way or another, lebron isn't winning it next year.

"stinko de mayo" would have worked better IMO

just like frank isola predicted lol
I thought he was trolling when he tweeted that in the 3rd quarter...

holy shit he knows how predictably bad the Post is.
I've been saying it over and over again, age is not the factor here. His back to back to back finals appearances and minutes will be the issue. Just like it has been for the lakers every single time they have done it. That's assuming miami make it to the finals ofcourse which is a given right now. If his body won't breakdown, miami as a team will starting with wade and then arguments of the mvp being from the top teams will be the factor. One way or another, lebron isn't winning it next year.
Is he suddenly going to stop taking HGH? Because he's not going to suddenly lose ref respect. The things that kep him in his comfort zone aren't suddenly going to disappear (Wade isn't going anywhere, he isn't leaving the Heat). Barring injury, Heat will resign both and take the luxury tax hit.

LeBizzle is playing in his own little universe right now. Unless he goes back of shooting moronic 3's and panicking down the stretch he'll get another one next year
barring injury

I've been saying it over and over again, age is not the factor here. His back to back to back finals appearances and minutes will be the issue. Just like it has been for the lakers every single time they have done it. That's assuming miami make it to the finals of course which is a given right now. If his body won't breakdown, miami as a team will starting with wade and then arguments of the mvp being from the top teams will be the factor. One way or another, lebron isn't winning it next year.
In terms of MVP talk, are you saying Bron won't get it next year even if his stats are better or his body/rest of team will break down and he won't perform as well as he did this year?

lol. you're assuming that Lebron's actually human.

He can probably play 40+ minutes a game for a full 82 game season. Dude's absurd.

Emwitus

In terms of MVP talk, are you saying Bron won't get it next year even if his stats are better or his body/rest of team will break down and he won't perform as well as he did this year?

I'm saying his stats wont be better next year because he isn't a machine that keeps chugging along. His team also won't be better and will regress unless their is a quick reload. u can base this off of history with the lakers as one of the few teams that has won back to back championships. Unfortunately all those minutes will eventually catch up to lebron, i mean, he even played in the olympics and had how many weeks of break inbetween? Yeah.

LBJ is too powerful - he's a free safety playing small forward. Unless they legitimately test for HGH in the NBA, that's not changing. And he'll never get injured either - he is supremely durable, and besides that...any player that were to seriously injure him would likely be blackballed from the league anyway.

The best player on Earth is going to be the best player on Earth until time takes its toll on him. He is such a good player that when time wears on him, he'll simply adjust his game ala MJ and become a deadly shooter.

[EDIT: OMG YES @ return of STAT. If he is anything like he was when he came back earlier, he is exactly what is necessary to pull the Pacer bigs away from the basket.]

LBJ is too powerful - he's a free safety playing small forward. Unless they legitimately test for HGH in the NBA, that's not changing. And he'll never get injured either - he is supremely durable, and besides that...any player that were to seriously injure him would likely be blackballed from the league anyway.

do you know who else was supremely durable? russell westbrook

Emwitus

The best player on Earth is going to be the best player on Earth until time takes its toll on him. He is such a good player that when time wears on him, he'll simply adjust his game ala MJ and become a deadly shooter.

[EDIT: OMG YES @ return of STAT. If he is anything like he was when he came back earlier, he is exactly what is necessary to pull the Pacer bigs away from the basket.]

Dwight howard wasn't given the name "superman" for no reason...and look what happened. Considering all the contact lebron takes going to the rim it's only a matter of time.I'm just looking at the amount of rest he's had over the past 3 years and saying it will be next year. Kobe went through almost the same exact pattern by the way. Went to 08 finals and lost, played in the olympics and went to two more. He was a shell of his self in the 2010 finals as a result.

EDIT: And i completely forgot about westbrook but i was going more for a wear injury.

h3ro

I'm saying his stats wont be better next year because he isn't a machine that keeps chugging along. His team also won't be better and will regress unless their is a quick reload. A base this off of history with the lakers as one of the few teams that has won back to back championships. Unfortunately all those minutes will eventually catch up to lebron, i mean, he even played in the olympics and had how many weeks of break inbetween? Yeah.
Based on what he's done throughout his career, nothing indicates there will be any sort of drastic change in his production or play.

We saw him take a fall similar to the one that turned Shawn Livingston's knee into polly-o string cheese this year and he just got up and rubbed his owie. He hit the genetic lottery and proves that every night.

He's the best player in the league, only reason he doesn't get the MVP every year from here on out during his prime is if the writers go stupid again.

That being said, fuck the heat.

Westbrook's style was bound to get him hurt eventually - and this injury probably won't affect him that much.

LBJ is built like a brick house. I feel even more secure in his durability than Westbrook's, especially because you can't foul LBJ.

Emwitus

Westbrook's style was bound to get him hurt eventually - and this injury probably won't affect him that much.

LBJ is built like a brick house. I feel even more secure in his durability than Westbrook's, especially because you can't foul LBJ.

As will lebron's style of play.

linsivvi

The media is totally capable of getting bored and go for someone else. There are many idiots with votes.

Shaq was the last MVP who got all but 1 first place vote, and that vote went to Iverson, and that guy who voted for Iverson became the laughingstock of the league.

What happened the next season? They fucking gave the MVP award to Iverson even though Shaq and Duncan were far superior players.

If history repeats, Melo is going to be the MVP next season. He'll probably have Iverson's shooting percentage too.

I'm saying his stats wont be better next year because he isn't a machine that keeps chugging along. His team also won't be better and will regress unless their is a quick reload. u can base this off of history with the lakers as one of the few teams that has won back to back championships. Unfortunately all those minutes will eventually catch up to lebron, i mean, he even played in the olympics and had how many weeks of break inbetween? Yeah.
These aren't just regular people we are talking about. These are professional athletes, and lebron is as professional as you can get. It just depends how motivated/determined he is to keep his body in tip top shape after these 3 long seasons, including the Olympics. Lets face it, Lebron has accomplished so much in his career and he is still only 28. Now he is fighting for legacy. Where he stands when his career is done depends largely on how many rings he can get from here On out. Fatigue won't catch up to him. He is Iron Man who just so happens to play basketball very well. He will be ready next season and he will win MVP.

If history repeats, Melo is going to be the MVP next season. He'll probably have Iverson's shooting percentage too.

Melo will never win MVP as long as LBJ/Durant exist.

The perception of his game/his personality will always mitigate his ability. Even if he literally matched LBJ/Durant stat for stat, sabermetric for sabermetric, they will always give him demerits for perceived deficiencies in his game. It's all good though.

charsace

Lebron is more like a defensive end playing sf. Lebron is a fucking monster.

Emwitus

The perception of his game/his personality will always mitigate his ability. Even if he literally matched LBJ/Durant stat for stat, sabermetric for sabermetric, they will always give him demerits for perceived deficiencies in his game. It's all good though.

i dont get

linsivvi

I wasn't serious about Melo winning MVP. I was just using the MVP voting to point out the factual deficiencies in his game.

KingGondo

Banned

1. This will never happen. He's clearly worse than both LBJ and Durant, and it's not even clear LBJ will decline for another year or two, and Durant is on the upswing of his career.

2. His reputation is deserved because he has severe deficiencies in his game. It's not some vendetta against Melo, he's simply an extremely versatile scorer who's not as efficient or as well-rounded as he could be given his talent.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
?

He's shooting worse from the field and forcing less turnovers in fewer minutes.

He's turning the ball over less because he doesn't get the ball as much - also, his 3pt% is finally not immediately laughable due to the fact that he's learned to stay the fuck away from the play since he has no business creating a shot and no reason to be anywhere near a play.

I'm all about giving credit to the Knicks, and particularly Felton, but at least read through your own stats before you go championing someone who doesn't deserve it. His drop in usage pretty much sums up everything I said above. That second link is nothing more than fellacio laced dribble from a NY fan forum. Don't waste good people's time by linking to a person who doesn't understand the exact issues and differences between Shumpert's performance and role between this season and last. Not only does the usage rate directly imply that Shumpert isn't doing what he used to last season on offense, it also shows, rather clearly, that NY's addition of credible ballhandlers has bumped all those who used to shoot shit out of the play and into areas where they aren't a net negative. Defensively, Shumpert's numbers aren't close AND he's not even guarding the same positions that he was last year - a HUGE part of what made him such a good defender was his versatility and now that is all but gone.

tl;dr: stop being a knick brony

"totally revamping his game to suit the knicks style of play"

fucking lol. he's hurt, knows he can't create, and they got real pgs so he doesn't have to pretend he is anymore. joke writing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom