• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT3| Don't believe the pipe

Vahagn

Kobe is a VERY poor man's version of MJ. You know, the version devoid of any leadership skills, concept of teamwork, and the idea that not every freaking shot he tosses up is a good one.

Duncan...well, there's never been a PF like him. He's the best ever at his position.

I'm glad to see you're completely misinformed. Yes, a 21 year old Kobe who played with a prime Shaq wasn't the leader. A 27 year old Kobe was though. Tons of people who've played with him over the past 8 years rave about his leadership skills. He shoots less FGA a game than Jordan. The difference in FG% is essentially almost all due to the increased 3 point attempts which is why their eFG% is only 2% different and their TS% is only 1.5% different...and the increased 3's are a trend the ENTIRE NBA has evolved into.

As for teamwork, he averages just as many assists per 36 minutes as Jordan.

Your version of Kobe is about as real as Clint Eastwood's version of Barack Obama

Jordan career ORtg: 118
Kobe: 112

That's a pretty huge gap in efficiency that would be larger without the Wizard years.

Though Kobe did have to play through 2000-2004 which was tougher defensively than Jordan's era by a decent bit.

Vahagn

Jordan career ORtg: 118
Kobe: 112

That's a pretty huge gap in efficiency that would be larger without the Wizard years.

Though Kobe did have to play through 2000-2004 which was tougher defensively than Jordan's era by a decent bit.

What happens when you take out his first two years as a teenager playing 10-15 min a game?

Edit: I know because when I've taken those two years out and used 15 years of starting minutes his ppg jumps up like 2 or 3 ppg if I remember correctly

thekad

Banned
I'm glad to see you're completely misinformed. Yes, a 21 year old Kobe who played with a prime Shaq wasn't the leader. A 27 year old Kobe was though. Tons of people who've played with him over the past 8 years rave about his leadership skills. He shoots less FGA a game than Jordan. The difference in FG% is essentially almost all due to the increased 3 point attempts which is why their eFG% is only 2% different and their TS% is only 1.5% different...and the increased 3's are a trend the ENTIRE NBA has evolved into.

As for teamwork, he averages just as many assists per 36 minutes as Jordan.

Your version of Kobe is about as real as Clint Eastwood's version of Barack Obama

Lol @ using Wizards Jordan's stats. Prime Jordan is literally better at everything than prime Kobe and it's a marked difference.

What happens when you take out his first two years as a teenager playing 10-15 min a game?

Edit: I know because when I've taken those two years out and used 15 years of starting minutes his ppg jumps up like 2 or 3 ppg if I remember correctly

Kobe's rookie year was pretty bad efficiency-wise, but his second year's ORtg was nearly the same as all of his other years. Taking out Kobe's first two years and Jordan's last two would make the gap bigger for Jordan.

Vahagn

lol. He made a good point. I'm surprised Kobe's ORTG was actually 110 in his second season.

If we're going to debate Jordan being better than Kobe, I won't debate that - Jordan's the best ever.

Mr.Kad, I was looking forward to being your protege' but this is something I'm finding awfully difficult to support. Mind explaining your reasoning? Perhaps I'm just missing what you see.

trolling Kobe is kind of his thing here. Don't take him seriously

Vahagn

Dirk's playoff ORtg is worse in 2010-2011 than the previous 3 seasons.

If that was me, I would pause for a second and wonder how valuable that stat really is

Dirk was more efficient in those runs and they lost because his teammates sucked (they had Dampier at center and Josh Howard/Caron Butler as second options, Terry was far worse). His playoff ORtg is lower in 2011 because his FG% was lower, his offensive rebounds were much lower, and his turnovers were higher, are these stats not valuable? (115 is still great and the other runs were over a short period of games as well so this is even more nonsensical than it seems)

Vahagn

Dirk was more efficient in those runs and they lost because his teammates sucked (they had Dampier at center and Josh Howard/Caron Butler as second options, Terry was far worse). His playoff ORtg is lower in 2011 because his FG% was lower, his offensive rebounds were much lower, and his turnovers were higher, are these stats not valuable? (115 is still great and the other runs were over a short period of games as well so this is even more nonsensical than it seems)

To suggest that Dirk had a better post season individually in 2009 than in 2011 is nonsensical. There's no way two ways about it

Jordan is a moron. I have no faith that one of LA's assistant coaches is going to do a better job than Dunlap. He is clueless when it comes to finding talent and coaches.

Pimpwerx

Listening to Magic try to piece a sentence together is like trying to watch the Indiana guards run pnr. It's so painful. PEACE.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Bill Simmons the WOAT narrator.

This is legitimately awful.

His voice is pretty bad for this

Even as a Spurs fan that was cringe worthy

steve-janowski-1024.jpeg

Thats because he sounds (and looks like) Stevie from Eastbound and Down

Top Bottom