• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT3| Don't believe the pipe

To who? You think Wade gives a fuck? Dude is relishing in the fact that he can get under people's skin with out doing anything major.

You seem quite aggressive. I don't think Wade is focusing his time on people being bothered by what he does. Folks are simply pointing out that at times Dwayne Wade flops in an extremely embarrassing fashion.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Missed that part of the game, but looks like the ref did get the call right. I'm sure Stern was not pleased.

The NBA needs to review Wade's career and fine him half his career earnings to send a message to bitch floppers around the league. He's their idol.
Ginobli made it cool

Pimpwerx

Missed that part of the game, but looks like the ref did get the call right. I'm sure Stern was not pleased.

The NBA needs to review Wade's career and fine him half his career earnings to send a message to bitch floppers around the league. He's their idol.

You're just salty. I'm not even trying to excuse the flop. All I'm saying is WHY he flopped. An extended arm never gets called as a foul? It always does. It's easy to understand why Wade flopped there to try and sell the foul. It was a flop and a really stupid attempt at defense. Why can't it just be both? Why does one player have to be a bitch and whatnot? It's just basketball, bruh. PEACE.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Ginobli made it cool
At least the announcers will call Ginobli out for it. He's European, and it's acceptable to call him out on it. However, I'm amazed at the pass that Wade gets. Every playoffs, he does something dirty, and all I hear is, "He's a great guy off the court, he would never do something dirty." They never call him out for anything. Anytime he flops, the announcers just seem to cover their eyes, and act like they saw nothing.

At least the announcers will call Ginobli out for it. He's European, and it's acceptable to call him out on it. However, I'm amazed at the pass that Wade gets. Every playoffs, he does something dirty, and all I hear is, "He's a great guy off the court, he would never do something dirty." They never call him out for anything. Anytime he flops, the announcers just seem to cover their eyes, and act like they saw nothing.
picard.jpg

Pimpwerx

@EthanJSkolnick
George on difference between LeBron and Carmelo in post: "Melo is quick but LeBron has more control of his body."
Does this show Lebron's footwork is good? I always thought good balance was a sign of good footwork. Perhaps his post game isn't as crude and clumsy as once thought. PEACE.

Does this show Lebron's footwork is good? I always thought good balance was a sign of good footwork. Perhaps his post game isn't as crude and clumsy as once thought. PEACE.

pretty easy to have good balance or body control when you're obliterating whoever you're backing down. lol

how do you feel about cp3 soulplaya?

DY_nasty

Or maybe he got better like people always wanted :p

I think the players get way too much flack, for the most part when it comes to flopping. As long as the league allows them to do it the league deserves the blame. These guys play to win and will do whatever is allowed to accomplish that goal. If folks have a problem with the flopping then aim your anger at the league. While it's not appealing to watch, slows down the game, and simply isn't good for the image of the league, at the end of the day it's the league that makes the rules.

Doomsayer

Hey guys, shadow is back! Welcome, brother!

Last nights game was an embarrassment.

Hopefully Memphis can pull something out of their ass tonight. No sweeps, plz.

You seem quite aggressive. I don't think Wade is focusing his time on people being bothered by what he does. Folks are simply pointing out that at times Dwayne Wade flops in an extremely embarrassing fashion.
It's not aggressive by my standards, just shit talking. Still, it's funny how dudes get bent outta shape over how the next man acts. Wade obviously has no shame with who he is or how he acts. I think the concept of him "embarrassing" himself with shit like that is beyond him. Same with CP3, Lebron, Blake, etc. Obviously they don't give a fuck, so why should you?

When it stops working is when it becomes embarrasing.

DY_nasty

It's not aggressive by my standards, just shit talking. Still, it's funny how dudes get bent outta shape over how the next man acts. Wade obviously has no shame with who he is or how he acts. I think the concept of him "embarrassing" himself with shit like that is beyond him. Same with CP3, Lebron, Blake, etc. Obviously they don't give a fuck, so why should you?

Is this the "I smell like shit but I don't care" reasoning adapted to basketball lol

This line of thinking is silly. It's not like its some nobody at a park pick up game embarrassing himself and his family by flopping.

Has this been posted yet? Anyone near my age is absolutely gonna love this:

http://youtu.be/ZwS14TiO7Pk

Will and Jayden Smith, Jazzy Jeff and Alfonso Ribeiro performing together. Jayden does what I assume is his rap song while Will beatboxes, then Will does the Fresh Prince rap with Jazz, then Alfonso comes out to do the Carlton before they close it with a group dance. I marked out like a fiend during this whole thing. Epic shit. PEACE.

That was amazing!

Pimpwerx

Lebatard just said Heat management was pissed when Lebron was practicing floaters in practice, because they want him down on the block. Interesting. I think everyone wants Lebron in the post, but he's not that crazy about it. PEACE.

Any of you guys listening to Lebatard. What do you think of him saying that Lebron does not want to be in the post. That Lebron in the post is a "break glass in case of emergency" kind of scenario for the Heat.

I would guess that if Lebron just needs to do that for two series in an entire year he should be ok with it.

EDIT: Beaten. PEACE.

Vire

Any of you guys listening to Lebatard. What do you think of him saying that Lebron does not want to be in the post. That Lebron in the post is a "break glass in case of emergency" kind of scenario for the Heat.

I would guess that if Lebron just needs to do that for two series in an entire year he should be ok with it.

Lebatard is just creating storylines that aren't there because that's his job.

giri

LBJ's post game is very rudimentry and basic. And the pacers have plenty of people who can and will beat him up in the post. It's a far more physical area to play. Considering that LBJ looks like he's trimmed down, he's probably wary of the toll it will take.

Lebatard just said Heat management was pissed when Lebron was practicing floaters in practice, because they want him down on the block. Interesting. I think everyone wants Lebron in the post, but he's not that crazy about it. PEACE.

Hasn't he said he doesn't like playing in the post? too rough or something,maybe i'm remembering it wrong.

lebron just wants to style from the perimeter.

Is this the "I smell like shit but I don't care" reasoning adapted to basketball lol
Naw it's the get over yourself because no one gives a fuck what you think reasoning
This line of thinking is silly. It's not like its some nobody at a park pick up game embarrassing himself and his family by flopping.
Is it false? Or do you really fool yourself into thinking that what you or whoever else thinks somehow matters to these players when they countlessly and shamelessly do the same thing you whine, bitch, cry and moan about?

Naw it's the get over yourself because no one gives a fuck what you think reasoning

Is it false? Or do you really fool yourself into thinking that what you or whoever else thinks somehow matters to these players when they countlessly and shamelessly do the same thing you whine, bitch, cry and moan about?

Using that logic you should just shut the fuck up, you know, practice what you preach.

And voicing displeasure with someone's actions doesn't mean I expect them to somehow acknowledge my displeasure and change. You know, cause I doubt Wade spends much time on GAF.

Using that logic you should just shut the fuck up, you know, practice what you preach.

And voicing displeasure with someone's actions doesn't mean I expect them to somehow acknowledge my displeasure and change. You know, cause I doubt Wade spends much time on GAF.
You never hear me claim that "x thing that y player always does is embarrassing" because its stupid as fuck. If it they thought it embarrasses them, they wouldn't do it so much. Simple as that.

Why constantly bitch about something ad nauseam when you know it is pointless? Is it because you like to read yourself crying or what? Never got that.

You never hear me claim that "x thing that y player always does is embarrassing" because its stupid as fuck. If it they thought it embarrasses them, they wouldn't do it so much. Simple as that.

Why bitch about something when you know it is pointless? Is it because you like to read yourself crying or what? Never got that.

Weren't you the one who just told me you're not aggressive just talking shit? Well, perhaps folks are just talking shit?

Vire

Lark has been back for less than a day and already getting into fights again with NBA Age?

:lol

Simma down now.

Vire

i just need the wcf extended so they have less scouting time

It's a tradeoff I think.

A. More rest time a.k.a "rustier". See Game 1 against Golden State after sweeping the Lakers....

or

B. More scouting time.

Either way I don't think it'll make much of a difference.

Vahagn

Fg% is irrelevant because it ignores 3s, oreb, and fts.

lol at pointing out the last 2 games as if that would make a real mean. If they played 100 times, I bet Indy would be around 90.

Small samples and all that.

You just hate lebron too much. Realize it. Come to terms with. Once you accept lebron is great, he is clutch, etc you might start enjoying his games and seeing him perform.

You literally have nothing to base that off of. I'm pointing to the actual statistics, whichever way you slice it. They're about 95-98 a game. You're pointing to a hypothetical which seriously low balls it and still overshoots your earlier definition of "mean" by 10 points. (40 a half equals 80 a game).

Indy crapped the bed.

I do hate Lebron. He is great. He is kinda clutch, gotten better the past couple years. But no, I'm never going to enjoy his games or seeing him perform unless he plays on the Lakers. Fandom often times means you have people/teams you root against. He's #1 on that list for me.

He's gotten better over the years, clearly. But he was also crude and clumsy in the past whereas Melo's almost always had polished low post game.

Top Bottom