• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT3| Don't believe the pipe

LA and GS had bad Ortg compared to their regular season Ortg after playing SA...shocked I say.

Pacers Ortg looking like GSWs has to do with the eastern conference. SA second round match up being better than Mia's ECF opponent is hilarious, bit its just by a little doe!

GS had the exact same ORTG from the reg season to the playoffs. Memphis actually went up slightly. And the Lakers had the playoff worse but they were sans kobe.

The Pacers against the west were better offensively than they were in the east, surprise surprise
not really

I really hate to get into these stupid arguments based on these dumb ass stats but I wont digress if you're gonna try to sneak any bullshit past us that you think reeks the least.

Wade is ass first of all, the more he shoots from any distance that isn't right at the basket is going to be a net positive for the defense.

I'll give you the Heat roleplayers thing, they did go nuts. That's why I gave the Heat an advantage there to show up.

Wade is averaging 17 per on 54% shooting and is our leading assist man. And this is against the best defensive team in the league this season, going by Drtg.

You can buy all this dumb ass narrative if you will but take wade for a joke if you want.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
17PER is slightly above average. J.R. Smith had a PER of 17.6 during the regular season.

Jarrett Jack had a 17.5PER and 58.8TS% in the playoffs and he fucking sucked down the stretch for the Warriors.

You know who is leading the Heat in PER in the playoffs? Chris Andersen at 31.9. I'm not even kidding.

17PER is slightly above average. J.R. Smith had a PER of 17.6 during the regular season.

Jarrett Jack had a 17.5PER and 58.8TS% in the playoffs and he fucking sucked.

PPG

Jarrett Jack had a 17.5PER and 58.8TS% in the playoffs and he fucking sucked down the stretch for the Warriors.

You know who is leading the Heat in PER in the playoffs? Chris Andersen at 31.9. I'm not even kidding.

I see you edited but those numbers i quoted are only in the Pacers series. Also birdman is awesome.

exarkun

Congrats to all my Spurs brethren, jobber-woodchuck-JT/Blur and whoever else. These last few games with TP coming alive has been fun to watch, and even though most fans of texas teams would say fuck the spurs, Im rooting for you guys to win it all. Cause Duncan is still amazing at 37.

And Coach Pop is the best coach in the league by faaaaar.

reilo

Here's my edit before I caught your post. Can't use a term like PER like that :lol. Confusing.

EDIT: Wade's PER is 18.6 (down from 24 in the regular season) and has a 50.6TS% (down from 57.1 in the regular season). He's sucking ass. The only reason he's even that high is because his USG% is still really high.

Wade is averaging 14PPG on 50.6TS% in the playoffs and Lebron is the leading assist man at 6.8APG. Are we just going to ignore the other 9 games prior and are you really saying this 3 game stint is something remarkable? It's still a far cry from what Wade needs to be doing for this team to compete in the Finals.

Wade is averaging 17 per on 54% shooting and is our leading assist man. And this is against the best defensive team in the league this season, going by Drtg.

You can buy all this dumb ass narrative if you will but take wade for a joke if you want.

lulz get the fuck outta here, dude is a two guard and hasn't even made a single three pointer in these playoffs.

He has a terrible free throw rate as a guy that is only a slasher at this point.

He's not completely useless by any means--he still plays good defense and can rebound and get others involved but he's regressed unbelievably.

Here's my edit before I caught your post. Can't use a term like PER like that :lol. Confusing.

Wade is averaging 14PPG on 50.6TS% in the playoffs and Lebron is the leading assist man at 6.8APG. Are we just going to ignore the other 9 games prior and are you really saying this 3 game stint is something remarkable? It's still a far cry from what Wade needs to be doing for this team to compete in the Finals.

Its not remarkable but its exactly what we need from a second egg. Wade scoring efficiently and getting others involved is a god send. And next series when the rim opens up it'll be that much easier.

lulz get the fuck outta here, dude is a two guard and hasn't even made a single three pointer in these playoffs.

He has a terrible free throw rate as a guy that is only a slasher at this point.

He's not completely useless by any means--he still plays good defense and can rebound and get others involved but he's regressed unbelievably.

You say this like its a bad thing? Lol we got the best record and the best offense in the league due to him running off the three point line. And he's hitting his mid-range. Like I said, believe what you will, you're never right anyway...

PBY

Banned

He's hurt- and some regression- but he had a pretty good year this year.

He needs to stop w the Kobe pull up tho, shit killssss me. Such a bad, inefficient shot.

reilo

Its not remarkable but its exactly what we need from a second egg. Wade scoring efficiently and getting others involved is a god send. And next series when the rim opens up it'll be that much easier.

Next series when the what opens up?

:lol

you do realize the playoffs didn't begin with the Pacers series right?

So im supposed to worry about him playing worse in a series that happened longer ago against a worse team, when currently he's doing better? Sure, I can probably buy me a bridge with that logic.
Next series when the what opens up?

The rim. There won't be a 7'2 shot blocker protecting it.

Are you a fan of birds?
birdman.gif

Hasn't missed a shot in weeks, leading the playoffs with a FG% of 85% and rocking a 32 playoff PER.

we already won

You say this like its a bad thing? Lol we got the best record and the best offense in the league due to him running off the three point line. And he's hitting his mid-range. Like I said, believe what you will, you're never right anyway...

Nah I've been right lulz. I said the Pacers would make it interesting if the refs swallowed the whistle and they have. And I said the Heats shooting woes were concerning and would probably transfer over and they have.

And I'm simply shocked that a team with Dwyane Wade as a third option was a dominant regular season team. Shocked.

Look, your team is probably going to chip again, I've never said they wouldn't, but Wades regression is sharp. That's all.

FG% allowed at rim:

Pacers: 59.1% (1st in NBA)
Spurs: 60.1% (3rd in NBA)

Hibbert BPG: 2.6
Duncan BPG: 2.7

And the Spurs have played ridiculous defense in basically every game this postseason where Duncan and Splitter have been healthy and just shut down the paint against a very good paint scoring team.

The Pacers are a bit better defensively, but the Spurs are still elite defensively and at protecting the paint.

Nah I've been right lulz. I said the Pacers would make it interesting if the refs swallowed the whistle and they have. And I said the Heats shooting woes were concerning and would probably transfer over and they have.

And I'm simply shocked that a team with Dwyane Wade as a third option was a dominant regular season team. Shocked.

Look, your team is probably going to chip again, I've never said they wouldn't, but Wades regression is sharp. That's all.

It's not about the fact that we had the best record. It's the fact that we got that best record by doing the thing you're tryna spin as a negative. Nobody on the team wants wade shooting threes, him playing into the offense instead if against it is a net positive everytine.

If you're SA...
The only reason Miami is winning is due to LBJ and Bosh. Wade will be lucky to avg 10ppg in 2 years.

I'm so confused.
Let's talk again when the finals are here. We still gotta beat Indy.

FG% allowed at rim:

Pacers: 59.1% (1st in NBA)
Spurs: 60.1% (3rd in NBA)

Hibbert BPG: 2.6
Duncan BPG: 2.7

And the Spurs have played ridiculous defense in basically every game this postseason where Duncan and Splitter have been healthy and just shut down the paint against a very good paint scoring team.

The Pacers are a bit better defensively, but the Spurs are still elite defensively and at protecting the paint.
Shuting down zbo and gasol from scoring in the paint is alot different than shutting down Lebron, Wade and Bosh in the paint.

Heat fans thinking their wins against the Spurs in the regular season somehow translate to playoff success

lol

ask the Lakers/Girzz/Warriors how their regular season wins over the Spurs translated

Heat fans thinking their wins against the Spurs in the regular season somehow translate to playoff success

lol

ask the Lakers/Girzz/Warriors how their regular season wins over the Spurs translated
I'm not even talking about wins. Hell, I don't think we've had more than one legit game against them in the big three era. I'm talking matchups.

Top Bottom