• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT3| Don't believe the pipe

Spurs are at their best with TP running the show and I don't see them beating Miami if Duncan is their MVP.

TP going off means they are getting penetration and kickout 3s.

Obviously TD as Finals MVP is a long shot at this point in his career, but to even have that opportunity is a testament to his durability and excellence.

Spurs can deal with Wade and Bosh, but LBJ is legit mismatch MIA can exploit. Kawhi can deal with him on the perimeter, but hes giving up a lot of lbs. to James in the post.
But then Spurs ball denial on the post entry pass is second to none.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
ok so I should say do ya'll think the Grizzlies will re-sign him now?

nope. They'll end up with somebody like Sam Mitchell. If he could take that shitty Raptors team to the playoffs, he could do wonders with the talent left in Memphis.

TgfNvP9.png

don't get too excited guys

Remember when the Lakers wouldn't even touch the trophy because they had the finals on their mind?

Duncan has been playing great D this playoffs and his offensive game has been more than solid. i wouldn't count on Bosh being huge. Bron can take whoever they throw at him, it's wade that's gonna have to step up.

The Spurs are 1st in playoff DRtg.

Yes, but the grizz already have those.

They need offensive schemes.

I don't know if they can get that much more out of their offense right now regardless of scheme without improving at SF and I could easily see him implementing his terrible ideas of giving up threes and free throws on defense.

Duncan has been playing great D this playoffs and his offensive game has been more than solid. i wouldn't count on Bosh being huge. Bron can take whoever they throw at him, it's wade that's gonna have to step up.

We'll see but Timmy has struggled to contain Bosh in the Big 3 era. I don't think timmy has the mobility to keep up with him a whole game. I think he offense will suffer because of that.

I love that matchup.

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
The Spurs are 1st in playoff DRtg.

Playing the Lakers and Grizz will help that.

Playing the Lakers and Grizz will help that.

Spurs had the 3rd best DRTG during the regular season.

Miami has played Milwaukee (22nd Reg season ORTG), Chicago (23rd Reg season ORTG) and Indiana (19th reg season ORTG) lol

Spurs played LA (9th reg season ORTG), GSW (11th reg season ORTG) and Memphis (17th ORTG).

All of SA's opponents had better ORTGs than literally all of Miami's opponents.

LOL

giri

Miami has played Milwaukee (22nd Reg season ORTG), Chicago (23rd Reg season ORTG) and Indiana (19th reg season ORTG) lol

Spurs played LA (9th reg season ORTG), GSW (11th reg season ORTG) and Memphis (17th ORTG).

LOL

Being in the east will do that

LOL

I've never even mentioned Miamis defense, so what exactly are on on about? Also Lakers have the worst Ortg of the playoffs. Pacers are barely behind GSW, 105 v 106.4. Heat are by far the best Ortg team and the 3rd Drtg.

Who gives a shit about that though.

Lets get back to the subject of how duncan has shit for bosh...

snack

Tracy McGrady is to the Spurs what U-God was to the Wu-Tang Clan.

But congrats to him for finally having a chance to get a ring. Hoor-rah.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Tracy McGrady is to the Spurs what U-God was to the Wu-Tang Clan.

But congrats to him for finally having a chance to get a ring. Hoor-rah.

I hope you fart in a crowded elevator today and everyone discovers it was you

Pop is a good guy. Sounds like he'd be a great boss to work for when/if you get his respect

"I think a lot of people think the grass is greener on the other side," Popovich said, "and if we change this coach or trade these guys, it's all going to be nirvana after that. I think if you stay the course and you've got leaders who are quality character people, you follow them as long as you can. I've been hanging on Timmy's coattails a long time."

Spurs should be alot more lax defensively than the Grizz. Assuming we beat Indy, I expect Bosh to have a huge series against Timmy D and co.

If there's anybody I'd expect the Spurs to shut down its Bosh. I don't see him being very effective at all against the Spurs frontcourt.

The series is going to be determined by who's roleplayers can shoot better. I'd give the edge to the Heat because they've been on this stage before but they've been shooting like shit in the playoffs so its hard to see it suddenly changing on the biggest stage.

sure, Spurs D only horse collared the most dominant frontcourt in the league and the best shooting backcourt before that.
Matchups my dear friend. Bosh toasts the Spurs because they have absolutely no one who can keep up with athletically. Z-bo and Gasol are really no comparison, two totally different games.

And shooters go cold, thats what they do. Three point shooting only gets you so far in this league and GS had no where to really go afterwards. We do.

Spurs have like no meaningful rim protection, going to that after Hibbert will be like Christmas for the heat.

If there's anybody I'd expect the Spurs to shut down its Bosh. I don't see him being very effective at all against the Spurs frontcourt.

The series is going to be determined by who's roleplayers can shoot better. I'd give the edge to the Heat because they've been on this stage before but they've been shooting like shit in the playoffs so its hard to see it suddenly changing on the biggest stage.

You don't plan to take out Bosh when you have lebron/wade + shooters on the floor. And I really don't know where you were last year but the Heat roleplayers were shit all the way to the end of the ECF last year, and turned it on at the biggest stage.

Watch Bosh feast on this slow frontcourt.

Emwitus

Matchups my dear friend. Bosh toasts the Spurs because they have absolutely no one who can keep up with athletically. Z-bo and Gasol are really no comparison, two totally different games.

And shooters go cold, thats what they do. Three point shooting only gets you so far in this league and GS had no where to really go afterwards. We do.

Spurs have like no meaningful rim protection, going to that after Hibbert will be like Christmas for the heat.

You don't plan to take out Bosh when you have lebron/wade + shooters on the floor. And I really don't know where you were last year but the Heat roleplayers were shit all the way to the end of the ECF last year, and turned it on at the biggest stage.

Oh, let's forget about tim duncan shall we. Man, if y'all lose to the pacers posts like this will be so glorious.

I love Mike Conley, but him getting second-team all-defense looks really bad after this playoff run :/

His closeouts on shooters are awesome, but he got killed a lot one-on-one in this postseason.

Danny Green and Kawhi Leonard only getting one combined vote for all-defense looks pretty terrible as well.

Wade is ass first of all, so the more he shoots from any distance that isn't right at the basket is going to be a net positive for the defense.

I'll give you the Heat roleplayers thing, they did go nuts. That's why I gave the Heat an advantage there to show up.

effzee

I had Miami in 7 but if they play tonight how they played in game 3, then I think it can be over in 5. If Pacers win tonight its going to game 7.

Congrats Spurs and all their fans! If Miami advances, this is going to be a great finals match up!

I'd favor Miami but would not be shocked at all if the Spurs just outright beat them in 5-6 games. Miami is going to have to wake up and play from quarter 1 of game 1.

I've never even mentioned Miamis defense, so what exactly are on on about? Also Lakers have the worst Ortg of the playoffs. Pacers are barely behind GSW, 105 v 106.4. Heat are by far the best Ortg team and the 3rd Drtg.

Who gives a shit about that though.

Lets get back to the subject of how duncan has shit for bosh...

LA and GS had bad Ortg compared to their regular season Ortg after playing SA...shocked I say.

Pacers Ortg looking like GSWs has to do with the eastern conference. SA second round match up being better than Mia's ECF opponent is hilarious, bit its just by a little doe!

I'm sure it's been posted but gaddang simmons

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9308573/searching-dwight-howard

Going in hard on howard but i'm sure you'd be elated if he signed with the celtics.

So screw it, let's dive into the most polarizing NBA topic in years: the Dwight Howard Sweepstakes, a worthy successor to Bachelor Pad as 2013's most unpredictable summer series. Here's a text exchange I had with someone who works for one of the 30 NBA franchises. I thought it summed everything up.

Him: "U writing about Dwight soon?"

Me: "Think so. Would u go near him?"

Him: "FUCK NO."

Grunsfeld? :(

Top Bottom