• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT3| Don't believe the pipe

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Has anyone actually "shut down" the Spurs offense convincingly? You dont "shut down" Parker, cause even when he aint scoring, he draws a ton of attention and can initiate the pass that leads to the second or third pass.
You win a series against them by overwhelming their defenders. Thats how OKC did it. They certainly didnt shut down SA's offense.

yeah

The Blazers did it to us in March

Has anyone actually "shut down" the Spurs offense convincingly? You dont "shut down" Parker, cause even when he aint scoring, he draws a ton of attention and can initiate the pass that leads to the second or third pass.
You win a series against them by overwhelming their defenders. Thats how OKC did it. They certainly didnt shut down SA's offense.

Their offense performed poorly against Memphis in regulation. Sub 100 orating in those not counting tonight.
Also bad a few subpar games versus warriors which was weird.

the speed of Miami's D will take a bit for SA to adjust to, but I predict their p&r strategy will backfire. SA will find the open man, they have too many good passers on that squad.

Captain, this attempt at a comeback is strange.

The Spurs looked rusty against the Warriors mostly because Duncan was sick and Splitter was injured. I think that the record for teams coming off huge amounts of rest in the playoffs is ridiculously good, but I'm not sure.

With like 7 days. I think 10 days is quite poor. Been a while since I saw it. Spurs looked like shit in game 1 before warriors melted down the final 4 min. They were down what, 16?

Vire

Fuck, now ESPN is talking about how it's going to be a Heat-Spurs Finals.

Hopefully they aren't watching this shit right now.

With like 7 days. I think 10 days is quite poor. Been a while since I saw it. Spurs looked like shit in game 1 before warriors melted down the final 4 min. They were down what, 16?

Yes, but that's because their frontline was completely ineffective for most of the game. Splitter was out, Diaw was barely back from injury, Duncan was really ill, Curry was having an incredibly shooting night and those are negatives that don't have to deal with rust. Parker shot badly in regulation and Manu shot terribly through the entire game, but I think that was just a shooting slump more than rust.

I'm interested to see how pop decides to play Miami when they put bron at pf.

Does he stay big and stick one of the bigs on battier? Or does he go small with Leonard at pf? Tough call. Big is how he played and fixed his team but not sure if it works versus Miami since they don't really play inside out.

h1nch

Fuck, now ESPN is talking about how it's going to be a Heat-Spurs Finals.

Hopefully they aren't watching this shit right now.

Haha, they just can't resist.

Am I the only one who wishes ABC could just pull a CBS and hire the TNT crew to cover the Finals?

jobber

come on Pacers

join us and lets make this an ABA Finals

Haha, they just can't resist.

Am I the only one who wishes ABC could just pull a CBS and hire the TNT crew to cover the Finals?

TV contracts are going to be up for bid for the 14-15 season this summer. CBS is going to bet it all on getting it from ESPN.

jobber

remember back when ABC's Finals coverage included movie reviews during the halftime show? I miss NBC.

I remember in the 03 Finals, it was a halftime piece dedicated to Kobe Bryant and his relationship with his parents AND a halftime show with Destiny's Child.

h1nch

remember back when ABC's Finals coverage included movie reviews during the halftime show? I miss NBC.

Ugh, don't remind me.

Also, I swear to god the quality of HD broadcasts is worse on ABC than TNT and even ESPN. Like the picture always seems grainier and more heavily compressed. It's probably my DirecTV feed, but I prefer to blame ABC anyway.

Man I wish I was back in SA right now. Apparently the Riverwalk is throwing a party.

Its pretty surreal, as usual when Spurs meet expectations. Everyone is rushing downtown or to the local Academy (sports store) to pick up Finals gear. Like I said, it's going to be unbearable the next three weeks. I'll post pics when I get back on my laptop.

Also, I swear to god the quality of HD broadcasts is worse on ABC than TNT and even ESPN. Like the picture always seems grainier and more heavily compressed. It's probably my DirecTV feed, but I prefer to blame ABC anyway.

Yeah, its awful and applies to all their programming. They compress their feed.

thekad

Banned
Black Mamba can sleep well knowing the Lakers weren't the only (above .500) team to get swept out of the playoffs. Of course, this series ended up to be pretty close game by game while that one was a piping of epic proportion .

Vire

Ugh, don't remind me.

Nope, same way on Comcast. They are utter shit.

TNT being the best, followed by ESPN then ABC.

Yes, but that's because their frontline was completely ineffective for most of the game. Splitter was out, Diaw was barely back from injury, Duncan was really ill, Curry was having an incredibly shooting night and those are negatives that don't have to deal with rust. Parker shot badly in regulation and Manu shot terribly through the entire game, but I think that was just a shooting slump more than rust.

They also looked like they were running in mud he first half. Miami lost to Chicago game one too from it.

Teams with 8 or more days off are 8-7 since 1986. Would been flipped if warriors didnt have a historic choke!

I believe the 3 times it happened in the finals the team lost all 3 while 2 went on to win it all. Going off memory here though so don't hold me to this one.

jobber

but their check will probably bounce right

CBS uses cash pried out of the hands of their dead stock holders.

With them launching a sports radio network, buying out a NY radio station, rebranding their college tv network, buying out the rights to broadcast NBA D-League games on cable from a christian broadcasting channel, and looking to screw Disney over, CBS could outbid ESPN. NBC pretty much gave up the fight after the new NHL deal.

jobber

CBS has to compete with Fox Sports One, NBC, ESPN/Disney and Time Warner.

Fox won't try because they got too much going on with MLB and NECKCAR. NBC is tied up with the NHL. I don't see the NBA ever leaving Turner. Mostly because Turner runs NBA TV.

Fox won't try because they got too much going on with MLB and NECKCAR. NBC is tied up with the NHL. I don't see the NBA ever leaving Turner. Mostly because Turner runs NBA TV.

You're spewing nothing but bullshit. Fox and NBC definitely want a piece of The NBA pie. They're trying to directly compete with ESPN.

jobber

jobber

TgfNvP9.png

don't get too excited guys

fertygo

Spurs are at their best with TP running the show and I don't see them beating Miami if Duncan is their MVP.

TP going off means they are getting penetration and kickout 3s.

TP probably will guarded by Lebron James after half time in every game that probably mean nightmare for him, maybe Spurs actually does that Pacer not doing. Abuse the frontcourt.

Top Bottom