• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014-15 TV Cancellations: Under the Dome canned, what will CBS do with CG cows next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. The CW is easily the broadcast network with the most shows I watch. Like 95% of my broadcast television viewing is either on CW or Fox. ABC/NBC/CBS may as well not exist to me outside of a couple shows.

For me its:

ABC: 1
CBS: 0.5 (Under the Dome hate watch)
Fox: 7
NBC: 1.5 (assuming Siberia returns)
CW: 2.5 (still need to get through final season of Gossip Girl one day)

I saw a few similar articles floating around lately, feeling like they sort of confirm my suspicions with my general unease while watching Netflix's original shows.

There's more in the article about what some of the producers consider "pluses" for the Netflix model but the above I quoted kinda doesn't sit right with me.

Think about it this way: do you like when episodes have bullshit cliffhangers in the middle of an episode just to get you to watch the commercials? I was hearing a TED talk a while back, about how cable with its no commercial interruption model was a big part of the reason for the huge improvement in TV quality in the last decade. It makes sense.

This just takes it one step further and I think it can only help improve quality in the long run.

Joni

For me its:

ABC: 1
CBS: 0.5 (Under the Dome hate watch)
Fox: 7
NBC: 1.5 (assuming Siberia returns)
CW: 2.5 (still need to get through final season of Gossip Girl one day)

For me, the numbers are a bit higher.
NBC: 1. Constantine is however getting canned so dropping to 0.
FOX: 1. As per my boycot, I only watch cartoon shows on them, The Simpsons will remain so 1.
The CW: 8. Will rise to 10+ next year.
CBS: 4. But The Mentalist is getting canned, so that will leave three for next year. But they'll introduce Supergirl.
ABC: 6 shows. Will lose American Crime and Agent Carter probably, but there is a new Shonda show coming. So +1.
Will try not to add many shows in the future, I need time for my DVDs.

beat

WELP.
NBC has handed out a 13-episode straight-to-series order for a Coach follow-up comedy, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

Craig T. Nelson, fresh off his six-season run on NBC's Parenthood, will reprise his role as Coach Hayden Fox in the comedy. Barry Kemp — who created the original series that ran on ABC for nine seasons, will return to write the NBC follow-up and exec produce the Universal Television multicamera series with Nelson.

NBC's sequel picks up 18 years after Coach went off the air in 1997 following a nearly 200-episode run.
Or as 30 Rock said:
piechart_original.jpeg

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Starz has overtaken Showtime as the #2 premium cable network in total subscribers - 23.3 million vs. 22.8 million. (#1 is HBO with 31.4 million and #4 is Cinemax with 20.9 million).

Well deserved! <3

Zaph

Starz has overtaken Showtime as the #2 premium cable network in total subscribers - 23.3 million vs. 22.8 million. (#1 is HBO with 31.4 million and #4 is Cinemax with 20.9 million).

Well deserved! <3

Wow, they've really come up.

I'm completely behind on their original shows though. If I really, really liked Spartacus, should I check out Demons, Black Sails or Outlander? I know they're all vastly different, but are any of them as compelling?

Still heartbroken over Incursion :(

I'm completely behind on their original shows though. If I really, really liked Spartacus, should I check out Demons, Black Sails or Outlander? I know they're all vastly different, but are any of them as compelling?

All three shows are good, though the first season of Black Sails is a little weak.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
ivy NBC has moved Heroes Reborn to the fall so now you'll have to revise your schedule predictions.

Still heartbroken over Incursion :(

Yeah, they're definitely all worth watching. Both Da Vinci's Demons and Black Sails take a while to get going though (for me, about 6 episodes into each), but once they get going, they're really a lot of fun. Outlander is good from the get go, but it's very slow paced and is not action/adventure oriented like the other shows.

RIP Incursion. Maybe someday ;__;

Zaph

All three shows are good, though the first season of Black Sails is a little weak.

Yeah, they're definitely all worth watching. Both Da Vinci's Demons and Black Sails take a while to get going though (for me, about 6 episodes into each), but once they get going, they're really a lot of fun. Outlander is good from the get go, but it's very slow paced and is not action/adventure oriented like the other shows.

RIP Incursion. Maybe someday ;__;

Awesome, gonna check out Black Sails first, but might second screen the first few episodes if it's a slow start.

Out of all the shows I watch & its a lot these are the main shows I want renewed

1. Revenge
2. Scandal
3. American Dad
4. Gotham
5. Arrow
6. The Flash

I already know about 3,4,5 & 6

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
WRT to Revenge, don't they have Totally Not A Revenge Spinoff Kingmakers: A TV Series That Mike Kelley Doesn't Have A Created By Credit On in development? Has that gotten a series order?

Memles

WRT to Revenge, don't they have Totally Not A Revenge Spinoff Kingmakers: A TV Series That Mike Kelley Doesn't Have A Created By Credit On in development? Has that gotten a series order?

No, but it's in production in Georgia, and had an extras casting notice that still called it a Revenge spin-off, which I imagine Kelley will be including in his WGA arbitration filing.

G0523

Out of all the shows I watch & its a lot these are the main shows I want renewed

1. Revenge
2. Scandal
3. American Dad
4. Gotham
5. Arrow
6. The Flash

I already know about 3,4,5 & 6

I think Revenge is dead, both by looking at its ratings and storyline-wise too. This season has been just the absolute worst and it should just be put out of its misery at this point.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
No, but it's in production in Georgia, and had an extras casting notice that still called it a Revenge spin-off, which I imagine Kelley will be including in his WGA arbitration filing.

Apologies in advance to the assistant who was certainly fired over doing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom