• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014-15 TV Cancellations: Under the Dome canned, what will CBS do with CG cows next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I should clarify that I believe nightshift is a hilariously terrible show, but is exactly the kind of show that just stays on the air forever.

Vert boil

ivysaur is moving over to #teamshifties.

ragosa324kub.gif

I should clarify that I believe nightshift is a hilariously terrible show, but is exactly the kind of show that just stays on the air forever.

sores2dks8.gif

Concept17

Hearing that Nathan Fillion and Stana Katic hate each other reminds me about when I read about how Lauren Graham and Scott Peterson couldn't stand one another on Gilmore Girls.

I don't believe Fillion and Katic hate each other.

Castle is my favorite show so I'll be sad to see it go. But it's has a great run so I can't really complain.

maxcriden

via Deadline

Basically:

Everything is (most likely) getting renewed at CBS besides Battle Creek, The McCarthys, and Stalker. Toss up between CSI and CSI: Cyber.

Revenge might get one more season, especially if ABC picks up Kingmakers, where it might be used as a launching pad for the new show. Nashville is on the bubble even though it's in its third season, because of the large budget. It's a brand now though, so odds are good. S.H.I.E.L.D. is a lock but Agent Carter (along with Cristela and Forever) is a toss up. Castle would normally be a lock but the leads haven't signed new contracts yet. Galavant is hopeful. Resurrection is dead. Everything else is expected to come back, including The Middle.

The Following and The Mindy Project are probably dead but it depends on the state of Fox's pilots. Backstrom dead. Bones would normally be a lock but the leads haven't signed new contracts yet.

A.D. and The Mysteries of Laura have a good shot at coming back, unlike their comedies which will probably all be cancelled pending NBC's scheduling needs next season. The Night Shift, Constantine, and State of Affairs are (most likely) dead.

iZombie is a lock and Hart of Dixie won't come back unless The CW has a disastrous season. The Messengers TBA.

Middle. Yessss!

danielcw

Didn't you hear the closing song?
Yeah, I did.

And it disappointed me, because the ratings trajectory, and the way ABC kinda burned it off, almost made it a foregone conclusion, that the show is done.

Are any actors from the show (Timothy Omundsen) in current pilot projects?

via Deadline

Basically:

Everything is (most likely) getting renewed at CBS besides Battle Creek, The McCarthys, and Stalker. Toss up between CSI and CSI: Cyber.

Revenge might get one more season, especially if ABC picks up Kingmakers, where it might be used as a launching pad for the new show. Nashville is on the bubble even though it's in its third season, because of the large budget. It's a brand now though, so odds are good. S.H.I.E.L.D. is a lock but Agent Carter (along with Cristela and Forever) is a toss up. Castle would normally be a lock but the leads haven't signed new contracts yet. Galavant is hopeful. Resurrection is dead. Everything else is expected to come back, including The Middle.

The Following and The Mindy Project are probably dead but it depends on the state of Fox's pilots. Backstrom dead. Bones would normally be a lock but the leads haven't signed new contracts yet.

A.D. and The Mysteries of Laura have a good shot at coming back, unlike their comedies which will probably all be cancelled pending NBC's scheduling needs next season. The Night Shift, Constantine, and State of Affairs are (most likely) dead.

iZombie is a lock and Hart of Dixie won't come back unless The CW has a disastrous season. The Messengers TBA.

My wife is going to lose her shit if Mindy gets cancelled

Zoe

Feels odd for TMP to be in trouble when Mindy herself just started to get lots of attention this year.

mm04

Mindy used to be one of my favorite shows, but I just couldn't get with the tight focus on her and Danny. All of the other characters became so marginalized. Hell, Danny's mom got more focus than Jeremy, Morgan etc. I enjoyed it for what it was, but I won't say I'll miss it if it goes.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Mindy isn't as good as it initially was, although there are definite highs still, but I'm gonna be pissed if there aren't at least a couple of wrap-up episodes after that season's cliffhanger.

Pretty weird seeing Ike in that Suicide Squad cast photo.

G0523

At how many episodes is Mindy?
Any chance Universal migjt give it away super-cheap so Fox uses it as a filler?

It's at 67 episodes right now. And practically all of Fox's comedies that aren't animated are kinda losers ratings-wise.

I'll echo all the comments about the show: it's a very messy show cast-wise. Many cast members have come in and out that it's hard to tell who's still there and who isn't. The Mindy & Danny episodes in particular make me wonder if the rest of the cast is even necessary. And now with her being pregnant, ugh. I just hope that if it does get renewed this will be the final season.

styl3s

Yeah, they can't stand each other. It's been pretty widely reported, I think.
I remember reading a couple rumors years ago but nothing ever came to surface with any real proof i don't think.

i take any and all rumors with less then a grain of salt.

ivysaur12

Banned
I remember reading a couple rumors years ago but nothing ever came to surface with any real proof i don't think.

i take any and all rumors with less then a grain of salt.

They do not like each other at all. You're also not required to like your coworkers. I also don't really see why it matters?

zeitgeist

Just the way the thread was talking about Mindy's cast, I thought for a second that you all were saying the Mindy cast hates each other and that was an upsetting second...

I didn't even think Mindy would be on the bubble. I always thought it was doing well. Here's hoping we get some closure.

It matters because they both deserve Emmys, given the chemistry they exude on screen. Then again, maybe their hatred is just repressed animal attraction...

Emmys? Hell, they're just the bargain basement Cybill Shepard/Bruce Willis.

I didn't even think Mindy would be on the bubble. I always thought it was doing well. Here's hoping we get some closure.

It's always been doing well if by that you mean nobody ever watched it and it should have been mercy killed years ago.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
why is she harry potter but also apparently a dog

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
it's embarrassing that stalker is still on the air and i can't get pbs to order a revival of the carmen sandiego game show. what kind of world do we live in.

danielcw

I know it is off-topic, but I though there is agood chnace of getting a good answer here.

When you conpare series with shorter and longer seasons, do both usually have the same budget and days per episode?
When a series with 13 episodes gets a back 9 order, does the budget per episode stay the same.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Yo, I know I'm a lurker here and everything, but can we get a title change to "SHO must go on?"

So The Messengers. Who's going to watch it? I think i'll wait for reviews.
And it looks like i'm the only one who's seen Happyish. It was fun, I'm in.
Also upfronts are in a month, what pilots you want to go to series?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom