• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014-15 TV Cancellations: Under the Dome canned, what will CBS do with CG cows next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

berzeli

Banned
On something new. Hasn't been announced yet so can't say what, but could be cool.

🙌🙌🙌🙌💁

(Also I can't post on GAF on the new work wifi this is BULLSHIT)

Congrats. You won't even offer an incredibly vague and cryptic hint as to what it is, so you really can't talk about it then. Bummer.

Joni

On something new. Hasn't been announced yet so can't say what, but could be cool.

🙌🙌🙌🙌💁

No hints on channel? Like are you going to The CW writing for hunks or to the CSI channel?

����������

A new show or a returning show?

This is a fun game of 20 questions, huh?

beat

🙌🙌🙌🙌💁

Can you even tell us when you can tell us? You're actually outdoing games companies by now; they just do announcements of announcements.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
via Deadline

Basically:

Everything is (most likely) getting renewed at CBS besides Battle Creek, The McCarthys, and Stalker. Toss up between CSI and CSI: Cyber.

Revenge might get one more season, especially if ABC picks up Kingmakers, where it might be used as a launching pad for the new show. Nashville is on the bubble even though it's in its third season, because of the large budget. It's a brand now though, so odds are good. S.H.I.E.L.D. is a lock but Agent Carter (along with Cristela and Forever) is a toss up. Castle would normally be a lock but the leads haven't signed new contracts yet. Galavant is hopeful. Resurrection is dead. Everything else is expected to come back, including The Middle.

The Following and The Mindy Project are probably dead but it depends on the state of Fox's pilots. Backstrom dead. Bones would normally be a lock but the leads haven't signed new contracts yet.

A.D. and The Mysteries of Laura have a good shot at coming back, unlike their comedies which will probably all be cancelled pending NBC's scheduling needs next season. The Night Shift, Constantine, and State of Affairs are (most likely) dead.

iZombie is a lock and Hart of Dixie won't come back unless The CW has a disastrous season. The Messengers TBA.

styl3s

via Deadline

Basically:

Everything is (most likely) getting renewed at CBS besides Battle Creek, The McCarthys, and Stalker. Toss up between CSI and CSI: Cyber.

Revenge might get one more season, especially if ABC picks up Kingmakers, where it might be used as a launching pad for the new show. Nashville is on the bubble even though it's in its third season, because of the large budget. It's a brand now though, so odds are good. S.H.I.E.L.D. is a lock but Agent Carter (along with Cristela and Forever) is a toss up. Castle would normally be a lock but the leads haven't signed new contracts yet. Galavant is hopeful. Resurrection is dead. Everything else is expected to come back, including The Middle.

The Following and The Mindy Project are probably dead but it depends on the state of Fox's pilots. Backstrom dead. Bones would normally be a lock but the leads haven't signed new contracts yet.

A.D. and The Mysteries of Laura have a good shot at coming back, unlike their comedies which will probably all be cancelled pending NBC's scheduling needs next season. The Night Shift, Constantine, and State of Affairs are (most likely) dead.

iZombie is a lock and Hart of Dixie won't come back unless The CW has a disastrous season. The Messengers TBA.
I am mentally destroying a house right now.

ivysaur12

Banned
It'd be sort of funny if Castle didn't come back. I'd think it'd be impossible for those two do any more seasons together, even though they'd be throwing away a lot of money.

Also, Undateable is probably coming back, while About a Boy and One Big Happy are bigger question marks.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
It'd be sort of funny if Castle didn't come back. I'd think it'd be impossible for those two do any more seasons together, even though they'd be throwing away a lot of money.

Do they hate each other irl or something?

Also, if Castle gets cancelled,
FIREFLY SEASON TWO CONFIRMED

Yeah. I dropped Castle on season 5, but i love Nathan Fillion, so i want him to do something new. I don't think he will have a problem finding a new show fast OR
FIREFLY SEASON 2 BABY.

anaron

via Deadline

Basically:

yaaaaass to AoS and iZombie

Also, Undateable is probably coming back, while About a Boy and One Big Happy are bigger question marks.

Do they hate each other irl or something?

Also, if Castle gets cancelled,
FIREFLY SEASON TWO CONFIRMED

Yeah, they can't stand each other. It's been pretty widely reported, I think.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Really? That surprises me. They always have such good chemistry.

Wonder what's up.

Koppai

Fuckkk I hope Agent Carter comes back.

I only watch a few shows this season like Carter, Jane, and Fresh...hope they all come back.

Joni

The show is getting really stale so I wouldn't really care about seeing it go.

Why? They're actors. They're paid to act.

No, no, no. All my "stories" that I watch are documentaries. Stop your filthy lies. :)

edit: Nothing too surprising in that Deadline article. I'll miss Backstrom and The Following. I'd watch another season of Agent Carter but I won't really care if it gets canceled.

I'm just super glad that iZombie has been doing so well.

beat

I've got a question, do shows that never air ever make the rounds in Hollywood? Or are they never to be seen again?
I think they make the rounds. I once met a writer and asked if I could see his pilot which had ended up not getting picked up. I was honestly just wondering if it was archived somewhere public, like the Paley Center -- and side note, I wish they were -- but he offered to let me see it online.

Sloane

Banned
Would be disappointing if Agent Carter wasn't renewed -- fun show and much better than Shields first season. Other than that, I don't really care about any of the bubble shows. Well, except Galavant maybe. Didn't even know it was still in the mix.

TripOpt55

Seems like most of the shows I care about seem safe. I'm almost always bummed about at least one cancellation, but I'm not sure I see one I will be bummed about this year.

Patryn

Hearing that Nathan Fillion and Stana Katic hate each other reminds me about when I read about how Lauren Graham and Scott Peterson couldn't stand one another on Gilmore Girls.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Wait, WHAT!? It's not coming back? Is it set in stone by now?

if Dateline is to be believed:

via Deadline

Basically:

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I refuse to believe Night Shift gets anything less than 7 seasons.

Vert boil

I refuse to believe Night Shift gets anything less than 7 seasons.

highfiveuoj2j.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom