• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014-15 TV Cancellations: Under the Dome canned, what will CBS do with CG cows next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Really wish netflix released some sort of numbers on their shows, would love to know how Daredevil is doing. I assume that even tho its a "netflix original" they can't just renew it willy nilly because of Marvel

danielcw

Really wish netflix released some sort of numbers on their shows, would love to know how Daredevil is doing. I assume that even tho its a "netflix original" they can't just renew it willy nilly because of Marvel

Sky Germany gave some numbers for House Of Cards. If anyone is interested I can try to look them up.
IIRC it werer a few hundredthousand views online on demand week (English only) and not 10k viewers on broadcast (English or German)

Patryn

the critic for fanblog.ru most likely

But a bunch of TV critics on my Twitter feed were swearing up and down that there was no chance it could have been a TV critic.

Through such stories about how a show once leaked via a TV critic when he gave his son the screener, and the son's college roommate leaked it.

But remember that critics never leak screeners.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
But a bunch of TV critics on my Twitter feed were swearing up and down that there was no chance it could have been a TV critic.

Through such stories about how a show once leaked via a TV critic when he gave his son the screener, and the son's college roommate leaked it.

But remember that critics never leak screeners.
That's like that kid who uploaded video of his dad's Xbox One. lol

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
it's embarrassing that stalker is still on the air and i can't get pbs to order a revival of the carmen sandiego game show. what kind of world do we live in.

Unless the theme song comes back, I disapprove of this.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Wow, didn't know the two leads of Castle hated each other. I know, I know: Actors. Just didn't seem like the case (heh) to me.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The second season of Turn: Washington's Spies premiered to 827K viewers and a 0.2 A19-49 rating on AMC last night.

Season one never dipped below one million viewers (premiere - 2.12 million 0.5. finale - 1.60 million 0.4), though last year the show aired on Sundays instead of Mondays.

Still, I'm surprised that AMC's strategy didn't even give the show a small boost. They changed the name of the show by adding the 'Washington's Spies' subtitle, aired repeats after Hell on Wheels, put the entire first season up on AMC .com/VoD, and, finally, on Netflix just a few weeks ago.

That the ratings would go down, this much, is really quite shocking. AMC is now, of course, all about the L+3's, so we'll see how it does there, but the premiere's ratings really were spectacularly bad.

ivysaur12

Banned
Is Helix getting renew at all?

I hope they do because season 2 is so much better than previous season.

There is absolutely no way. And I think I can say this now that the show is over and this will get buried in this thread (and no one can ask me for a follow up, those are the rules): Good fucking riddance.

Patryn

There is absolutely no way. And I think I can say this now that the show is over and this will get buried in this thread (and no one can ask me for a follow up, those are the rules): Good fucking riddance.

Going solely off the tone of this post, I hope the new show is a better experience for you, Ivy.

Palmer_v1

Hopefully you never have to Whitta this post.

Grats on the new writing gig! Are you getting any additional responsibility/credit, or about the same as on Helix/Diva?

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
Still really hoping for the best with Agent Carter... heck of a fun show...!

Zoe

At first I was hopeful it would be more like the books, but...

Here’s the official Emerald City logline (in case you need a refresher): “In the blink of a tornado’s eye, 20-year-old Dorothy Gale and her K9 police dog are transported to another world, one far removed from our own — a mystical land of competing kingdoms, lethal warriors, dark magic and a bloody battle for supremacy. This is the fabled Land of Oz in a way you’ve never seen before, where wicked witches don’t stay dead for long and a young girl becomes a headstrong warrior who holds the fate of kingdoms in her hands.”

*sigh* Wasn't the SyFy adaptation "gritty" enough?

i learn today that they are filming Hap & Leonard here in Baton rouge, some guys from the show can by to buy some stuff.

also was Scream tv series really filmed here. i hope the show gets canceled after first episode.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!

Nah, Kate's super legit, probably one of the best entertainment reporters out there. If she checked with WB and NBC, it's legit.

why do you spread misinformation and pain

http://comicbook.com/2015/04/14/constantine-cerone-clarifies-that-series-is-not-canceled-yet/

showrunner Daniel Cerone said:
I just received confirmation from the corporate offices at NBC. I was assured that Constantine has not been canceled and our pitch meeting to discuss a potential second season remains on the books. By the way, this is a pitch meeting involving the president of Warner Bros and and the entertainment heads of NBC. Nobody at this incredibly busy time of the development season has time to waste taking pointless meetings.

Now, is it fair to say that Constantine is a long shot? Sure, that's fair to say. While we marginally improved a tough time slot for NBC, we're a very expensive show to produce. A lot of NBC's decision making will not doubt hinge on their new pilots and how they feel those new shows would fare as a companion piece to Grimm, versus a second season of Constantine.

ivysaur12

Banned

Because they have no intention of bringing the show back, and just because they have the courtesy to be in a meeting means shit when what they're saying behind closed doors between WB and NBC.

It's one thing to be a fan. Don't be that guy. She's the best in the business, and there's no reason to doubt Kate. She's VERY good, and for a reason.

EDIT: To quote someone in the know who I just sent that link to:

"[that article] makes me really uncomfortable. Oh no."

Because they have no intention of bringing the show back, and just because they have the courtesy to be in a meeting means shit when what they're saying behind closed doors between WB and NBC.

It's one thing to be a fan. Don't be that guy. She's the best in the business, and there's no reason to doubt Kate. She's VERY good, and for a reason.

DON'T DOUBT! THE POWAH! OF FAITH!

NUP_163187_1090R_f305f804LR_545c420f7eed95.13631872.jpg

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!

EDIT: To quote someone in the know who I just sent that link to:

"[that article] makes me really uncomfortable. Oh no."

that poor Daniel Cerone is gonna make an ass of himself, isn't he? =(

The second season of Turn: Washington's Spies premiered to 827K viewers and a 0.2 A19-49 rating on AMC last night.

Season one never dipped below one million viewers (premiere - 2.12 million 0.5. finale - 1.60 million 0.4), though last year the show aired on Sundays instead of Mondays.

Still, I'm surprised that AMC's strategy didn't even give the show a small boost. They changed the name of the show by adding the 'Washington's Spies' subtitle, aired repeats after Hell on Wheels, put the entire first season up on AMC .com/VoD, and, finally, on Netflix just a few weeks ago.

That the ratings would go down, this much, is really quite shocking. AMC is now, of course, all about the L+3's, so we'll see how it does there, but the premiere's ratings really were spectacularly bad.
I, um, turned it off in s1 after maybe the 5th ep

Psykoboy2

If nbc is bringing shit back...my hope is quantum leap, but Scott's got a thing with NCIS so I get that. How about Journeyman then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom