• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014-15 TV Cancellations: Under the Dome canned, what will CBS do with CG cows next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nooooooo Red Band Society NO. Please don't be cancelled. :( God damn it Fox :(

That show has a lot of promise. It reminds me of like Freaks & Geeks but in a Hospital.

Busty

Banned
The Red Band Society is about to be disbanded.....

I hope, in a weird meta move, Fox have Red Band Society the show guest star as 'itself' on Red Band Society the production.

The show is rushed into the hospital ward in a critical condition and put on ratings life support.

At the end of the episode the Red Band Society simply fades away from it's hospital bed and the entire TV universe explodes.

- 'Dominion,' 'Defiance' renewed by Syfy
Syfy is renewing two summer thrillers, including a pickup for supernatural freshman drama Dominion.

Post-apocalyptic angel-war drama Dominion will return for a second season and alien-colonized Earth drama Defiance is getting a third round. Both will receive 13-episode orders from Universal Cable Productions. Kevin Murphy (Caprica) will resume his role as executive producer and showrunner of Defiance while Vaun Wilmott (Sons of Anarchy) will continue to fill the same posts for Dominion.

The shows have averaged the exact same viewership on Thursday nights— 2.7 million viewers, and 1.2 million adults 18-49 (including seven days of DVR playback). Syfy points out that Dominion also had more tweets on Thursdays nights this summer than any other drama series.

Both shows will return with new episodes in 2015.

JdFoX187

Banned
Dominion renewed is good news. Really liked that show once it found its footing. Now if only we can get news of Continuum.

I hope, in a weird meta move, Fox have Red Band Society the show guest star as 'itself' on Red Band Society the production.

The show is rushed into the hospital ward in a critical condition and put on ratings life support.

At the end of the episode the Red Band Society simply fades away from it's hospital bed and the entire TV universe explodes.
Before Up All Night was cancelled, NBC was going to retool it into a multicam sitcom about the making of... Up All Night.

DarkFlow

Banned
Honestly, I haven't watched Shield since the first episode or so was "low quality." It seemed like Marvel was biting off more than it could chew in attempting to match their movie budgets on a shoe-string TV show budget. Did they actually fix the wonky CGI and attempt to use less effects?

It's probably the first "Whedon" TV-show I can't really care for because of that. Everything about it just seemed like "Marvel has no clue what it's doing for this."

Giving JamesSinclaire the time of day... *shakes head*

I like to keep him going somewhat!

As for shield it's WAYYYYY better then it was at the start of season 1. Sadly it took till Winter Solider for them to kick it into the gear they wanted.

Sober

I believe there are enough failing/crappy reality shows that you could conceivably make one about someone coming in to help revive the actual reality show.

God this is what the world has become, burn it all down.

I believe there are enough failing/crappy reality shows that you could conceivably make one about someone coming in to help revive the actual reality show.

God this is what the world has become, burn it all down.

Gordon Ramsey being brought into Utopia would be amazing

Deadline hasn't reported that the CW has bought any new shows and buying season is winding down. Hmm.

Interesting. I could see CBS deciding to shut it down since their shows have been considerably less successful than the WB's lately.

I'm guessing WB would want it to continue in some fashion? Maybe a WB cable channel?

Penguin

Yuss, pluss, there's a chance it gets adjusted down a tenth in the finals. Ooh yah.

Moar:

How to Get Away with Murder - 3.1

Seems you are way off the mark with this one

And strong debut for a really solid pilot

Capping off a night of Shonda Rhimes-produced dramas, newcomer drama How to Get Away With Murder opened with a 3.8 rating among adults 18-49 and 14 million viewers. In the key demo, that put it on the same level as lead-in Scandal. It was also the most-watched scripted entry on the night. Just one day after the strong debut of Black-ish, that's more good news for the alphabet net. (And, keeping with the theme of the week and season, those numbers and the following should be taken with a grain of pre-time-shifting salt.)

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/tv-ratings-how-get-away-735872

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Seems you are way off the mark with this one

And strong debut for a really solid pilot

Shiiieeeet! I lowballed Scandal's premiere numbers (in my head I was thinking it'd be about 3.4), and thus, HtGAwM, because A. Everything is returning down this year and B. I assumed that people were disappointed by the godawful third season and that the show would lose a few viewers as a result. Guess not. :p

That Scandal returned to a series high 3.8(!!!) is insane but How to Get Away with Murder actually rating higher than Scandal? That's fucking bananas. ABC had a spectacular night. (Grey's also did very well in their Thursday death slot)

Joni

ABC upgrading their deathslot will make thursday nights very interesting. If they can average out to 2.8 or something, it would be a killer night. I'm not that surprised by How To Get Away With Murder debuting high. (Although a bit surprised it was so high) Shonda is really a household name now.

cory64

Shiiieeeet! I lowballed Scandal's premiere numbers (in my head I was thinking it'd be about 3.4), and thus, HtGAwM, because A. Everything is returning down this year and B. I assumed that people were disappointed by the godawful third season and that the show would lose a few viewers as a result. Guess not. :p

That Scandal returned to a series high 3.8(!!!) is insane but How to Get Away with Murder actually rating higher than Scandal? That's fucking bananas. ABC had a spectacular night. (Grey's also did very well in their Thursday death slot)

upped to 3.9 final for both shows. Insane.

Actually abc had the #1 8pm 9pm and 10pm shows for the week among hourlong scripteds.

Fatalah

I watched HTGAWM last night and found it to be an absolute mess. I won't be back next week, and I hope America avoids the show too.

TheOddOne

i guess you could say that ABC...

... got away with murder-ing the competition

YEAAAhhhhhhhh
ihav4aq2V6cUe.gif

EulaCapra

Devious Maids was renewed for season 3.
Can anyone tell if it's worth watching?
No joke, one of the few shows that really excites me on a weekly basis. It's basically the same team behind Desperate Housewives but without the burden of doing 22 episodes per season (just 13). One of the better dramedies out there. And the ladies are all funny, especially Susan Lucci and Rebecca Wisocky's characters.

Some choice zingers:
- Please stop. I just took a Valium and you are ruining it.
- If he wanted to help poor people, why didn't he just go to Burbank?
- Poor people have organs. Rich people need them. Why must the government stand in the way of the small business man?
- At some point I must have given you the impression I enjoy small talk with the help, and that’s not the case. Will you please accept my apology as you leave to scrub my toilet?

Evelyn: The poverty was unimaginable.
Adrian: Streets filled with beggars and children running around in tattered.
Evelyn: Every time we looked out our hotel window we were confronted with human suffering.
Adrian: Finally, we called the concierge and got a room facing the pool.
Evelyn: So much nicer.

cory64

Hourlong

8&9PM Returning
Scandal 3.9
Once Upon a Time 3.4
Grey's Anatomy 3.1
NCIS 2.9
Resurrection 2.2
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. 2.1
Sleepy Hollow 2.0
Bones 1.6

8&9PM New
Gotham 3.2
Scorpion 3.2
NCIS New Orleans 2.5
Madam Secretary 2.0
Red Band Society 1.1

10PM Returning
The Blacklist 3.4
Chicago Fire 2.6
Chicago PD 1.9
Person of Interest 1.7
Nashville 1.5
Parenthood 1.4
The Good Wife 1.4
Revenge 1.4
CSI 1.4
10PM New
How To Get Away With Murder 3.9
The Mysteries of Laura 2.0
Forever 1.7

Half-hour

Returning
TBBT 5.4
Modern Family 3.9
Brooklyn Nine-Nine 2.6
The Goldbergs 2.4
The Middle 2.2
New Girl 1.6
The Mindy Project 1.3

New
‵black•ish 3.3

Remember when these would have been mid-season ratings? Or even post-spring break ratings?

- Ratings for Friday
TVbtN said:
On ABC, the two-hour season premiere of Shark Tank earned a 1.8 adults 18-49 rating, even with last season's premiere. 20/20 earned a 1.6, up from last week's 1.0 adults 18-49 rating.

On CBS, the season premiere of The Amazing Race earned a 1.1, way down from last fall's 2.0 adults 18-49 premiere rating (when it debuted on a Sunday) and last spring's 1.5 adults 18-49 premiere rating. Hawaii Five-0 notched a 1.3 adults 18-49 rating, down from its last season premiere's 1.6 adults 18-49 rating. The season premiere of Blue Bloods notched an 1.2 adults 18-49 rating, down from the 1.7 its last season premiere earned.

On NBC, Dateline earned a 1.4, up two tenths from last week's 1.2 adults 18-49 rating.

On FOX, Utopia scored a 0.7, up two tenths from last week's series low 0.5 adults 18-49 rating.

On the CW, Masters of Illusion earned a 0.3, down a tenth from last week's 0.4 adults 18-49 rating.

Also, L+3 numbers for Monday from THR:
With a lift of 56 percent and 1.8 points in the key demo of adults 18-49, Gotham saw the biggest percentage surge of any show that night and the most raw growth of any show but The Big Bang Theory. Its 5.0 rating among adults under 50 now tops Scorpion (up 44 percent to a 4.6 rating) and The Blacklist (up 44 percent to a 4.9 rating).

Other series in much better shape include Sleepy Hollow, which rose 50 percent from its softer sophomore entry to a 3.0 rating in the key demo, and Forever. The ABC drama, which aired twice last week, was up 41 percent to a 2.4 rating among adults 18-49. (That's just a shade behind the lifted finale of Under the Dome.)

Even reality is seeing bigger than typical lifts with adults 18-49. Dancing With the Stars again climbed nearly 20 percent, while The Voice registered a nearly 30 percent boost in the live-plus-threes.

The fact that unscripted is becoming more time-shifted may offer some consolation to The Amazing Race. It returned to the schedule on Friday night (alone with the rest of the CBS lineup), down significantly in its move from Sunday. The show took a 1.1 rating with adults 18-49.

Drama's Hawaii Five-0 and Blue Bloods, averaging a respective 1.3 and 1.2 rating with adults 18-49, were also off from last fall — by a respective three- and five-tenths of a point. Neither typically sees as strong of a DVR lift as most dramas, but CBS projects growth of 59 and 45 percent for the pair.

Shark Tank, topping all broadcast competition, held last year's fall opener of a 1.8 rating with adults 18-49. With a strong 20/20 (1.6 adults), the network easily topped the night in the key demo.

Utopia was improved from last week, though the Fox freshman is still rating dangerously low. It pulled a 0.7 rating in the key demo against the increased competition.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. opener went up to 8.9 million viewers (+48% - up +2.9 mil from 6.0 mil L+SD) and a 3.2 in Adults 18-49 (+52% - up +1.1 from 2.1 L+SD).

With bigger playback lift than its CBS drama competition in the hour (52% vs. 28%), S.H.I.E.L.D. moved up to tie the NCIS-driven debut of NCIS: New Orleans at a 3.2 rating in AD18-49 in the 9pm time slot, after trailing by 4-tenths in the L+SD numbers (2.1 vs. 2.5). At 52%, SHIELD delivered a bigger lift than any of its Tuesday drama competitors in Adults 18-49.

Nice lift for SHIELD.

cory64

NCIS         3.9
Chicago Fire     3.5
Agents of Shield    3.2
NCIS: New Orleans  3.2
Forever        2.5
Person of Interest   2.5

No New Girl/Mindy yet
Pretty shocking that no scripted reached a 4.0 even with L+3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom