• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014-15 TV Cancellations: Under the Dome canned, what will CBS do with CG cows next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
- Utopia from Fincher and HBO starts filming in July

SpoilerTV added a page with production dates not so long ago. I have every reason to believe them.
For Ratsky, Westworld starts filming on July 15th and wraps on December 4th.

Hmm I wonder when they are going to air stuff. We know Westworld is 2016, will they move Girls back to 10pm when they air their first block of programming early in the year? If they don't do that, they'd probably hold until June as I can't imagine them touching the GoT/Silicon/Veep lineup.

I wonder where that leaves Utopia, looks like it has a similar production schedule as Westworld, so I doubt it makes the air this year? They are starting Show Me a Hero in the middle of August and after that they have The Leftovers and I'm not what else...Getting On and Doll and Em?

Hmm I wonder when they are going to air stuff. We know Westworld is 2016, will they move Girls back to 10pm when they air their first block of programming early in the year? If they don't do that, they'd probably hold until June as I can't imagine them touching the GoT/Silicon/Veep lineup.

I wonder where that leaves Utopia, looks like it has a similar production schedule as Westworld, so I doubt it makes the air this year? They are starting Show Me a Hero in the middle of August and after that they have The Leftovers and I'm not what else...Getting On and Doll and Em?
With Westworld moving to 2016 from fall 2015, i would assume Rock 'n' Roll drama might take its place.

Rock 'n' Roll drama - possibly fall 2015. Because Westworld was scheduled for fall, with filming in July, but then they had some creative issues and moved it to 2016. Now Rock 'n' Roll drama started filming in July too, so it might air this year, because i would assume it requires less post-production than Westworld.

Westworld - June 2016, will take True Detective's place, because it took 1.5 years for season 2, so season 3 will take about the same if not more.

Utopia - if everything goes as planned, fall 2016.

Matush

Just watched the first episode of UnReal, holy shit guys, you weren't lying. It's good, hopefully other episodes are as good or better.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Just watched the first episode of UnReal, holy shit guys, you weren't lying. It's good, hopefully other episodes are as good or better.

they are. shame on you for liking that show, you are rooting for terrible people!

I love it :(

With Westworld moving to 2016 from fall 2015, i would assume Rock 'n' Roll drama might take its place.

Rock 'n' Roll drama - possibly fall 2015. Because Westworld was scheduled for fall, with filming in July, but then they had some creative issues and moved it to 2016. Now Rock 'n' Roll drama started filming in July too, so it might air this year, because i would assume it requires less post-production than Westworld.

Westworld - June 2016, will take True Detective's place, because it took 1.5 years for season 2, so season 3 will take about the same if not more.

Utopia - if everything goes as planned, fall 2016.
Makes sense, I keep forgetting about the (still?) untitled Scorsese/Winter/Mastras series.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I can't believe the crappy Dave Foley TV show is back. I guess going to Canada is now the low bar for TV sitcoms after FX shut down their 90/10 thing.

Has anybody seen Stitchers? Is it any good?

No, it's pretty awful.

The premise is iZombie without the zombies, humor and quality.

The show is just too dumb, like I'm willing to believe your crazy premise, but then (minor spoiler)
for the main character to log out of the memory of someone else she has to manually enter her username and password sometimes within seconds of risking serious brain damage, yet they make her password stupidly and unnecessarily long (why even have a password in the first place)

The side characters are all stereotypical cliches and the main character is beyond boring (which was on purpose mind you, but again, why?).

All around awful IMO, don't waste your time.

rossonero

No, it's pretty awful.

The show is just too dumb, like I'm willing to believe your crazy premise, but then (minor spoiler)
for the main character to log out of the memory of someone else she has to manually enter her username and password sometimes within seconds of risking serious brain damage, yet they make her password stupidly and unnecessarily long (why even have a password in the first place)

The side characters are all stereotypical cliches and the main character is beyond boring (which was on purpose mind you, but again, why?).

Lol yeah, that just sounds bad and not even fun bad. Thanks mate.

ivysaur12

Banned
Emmy predictions:

Drama:

Mad Men
Downton Abbey
Empire
House of Cards
Orange is the New Black
The Good Wife
The AmericansGame of Thrones

Comedy:

Veep
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
Transparent
Modern Family
The Big Bang Theory
Louie
Silicon Valley

Everything else is too variable. I think Gina's going to get in for lead actress in a comedy.

No, it's pretty awful.

Renewed yesterday BTW

Emmy predictions:

Drama:

Mad Men
Downton Abbey
Empire
House of Cards
Orange is the New Black
The Good Wife
The Americans

Comedy:

Veep
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
Transparent
Modern Family
The Big Bang Theory
Louie
Silicon Valley

Everything else is too variable. I think Gina's going to get in for lead actress in a comedy.
Downton? Ugh that's been horribly boring the last two seasons.

Goddamn, I wouldn't be surprised if that drama list is close to right Ivy but there isn't a single one of my favorite shows on it. That will make for an even more boring than usual Emmys for me with nothing to root for in those categories.

The runner up to Modern Family list is a lot better.

Joni

There will be a Bones-Sleepy Hollow cross-over according to TVLine. Next up, The Simpsons go to Gotham like Homer Simpson gets murdered in live-action.

There will be a Bones-Sleepy Hollow cross-over according to TVLine. Next up, The Simpsons go to Gotham like Homer Simpson gets murdered in live-action.

Nice try Fox, but I still won't watch Sleepy Hollow.

200+ episode of Bones and the entire run of The Following? Sure. #unassailabletaste

Sober

TVLine is just fishing for permutations at this point ever since they heard about this insane "cross-over" next fall season or something.

Didn't actually realize that is real.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I assume I'm the only person who knows who Adam Hills is, but I had no idea he went to the UK and started doing a news chat show channeling Jon Stewart.

ivysaur12

Banned
Comedy: Louie, Modern Family, Parks & Rec, Silicon Valley, Transparent, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, Veep

Drama: Better Call Saul, Downton Abbey, Game of Thrones, Homeland, House of Cards, Mad Men, Orange is the New Black

Off by two for drama! One for comedy!

No offence to Tina Fey because generally I love her, but I'm not sure how she got a nod for her guest role on Kimmy Schmidt (which was bizarre) but Ellie Kemper who nailed it in literally every scene got snubbed. (I know it's two different categories but it still seems odd.) No Carol King either. :/

At least Tituss got a nod.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Astronauts Wives Club did their "feminism" episode today and while it really wasn't remarkable in terms of telling you things you should know if you cared about feminism and the space race, I think this has to be the first time I've seen this on TV:

IctMJqll.png

I thought it was adorable. It's sort of like someone in an editing booth looked up Feminism on Wikipedia and chose the most recognizable thing from the time period.

Happy to finally see Emmy recognition for Tatiana Maslany.

I'm very glad to see her finally nominated.

That said, I dropped Orphan Black after season 2 seemed to be a meandering mess of a story. I don't know if this is a common opinion. Was season 3 better than the previous one? I might get back to the show if it was.

maxcriden

So glad to see those noms for American Crime. Very deserved. Super underappreciated series and I'm very eager to see what the next story and season are. Especially with Hutton and Huffman in different roles.

Great to see Richard Cabral get a supporting nom, too.

That said, I dropped Orphan Black after season 2 seemed to be a meandering mess of a story. I don't know if this is a common opinion. Was season 3 better than the previous one? I might get back to the show if it was.

My wife and I just marathoned S1 and S2. We like it quite a bit, but there is this sense at this point of "why are they hiding/running? what are they fighting against?"

At some point, the Clone Club should just show up at the FBI and say "DYAD made us. Cloning humans is illegal. Go get 'em."

Season 3 is much better than season 2. Season 1 is still the best.

berzeli

Banned
Really? I hated season 2, so this is good to hear. Maybe I'll jump back in?

You should, because season three includes what is my favourite episode so far, Tatiana somehow puts on an even more impressive tour de force and the twerking scene which is just everything.

Oh, and since I know what some of your issues with season 2 was; it does a much better job of focusing and streamlining the storyline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom