• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014-15 TV Cancellations: Under the Dome canned, what will CBS do with CG cows next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Honestly, it's not good for Lifetime, it's good period. It's really smart, it has a lot to say, the subject matter is original, great cast. It's astounding something that good is coming out of Lifetime (no offence ivy!!!)

Show #612 on my ever expanding "to watch" list.

Critics absolutely have not liked Happyish. I don't really have much of a refutation to what they say: it is over-stuffed, it sort of flirts with a lot of ideas, it's clearly going for an existential and socio-political critique, a lot of it is barely muted anger, people talk in monologues, the dialogue is artificial, nothing really happens, etc.

But I think it works anyway because I think it has an interesting point of view and it doesn't dumb itself down for the audience and it just feels like a dark and personal project. I tend to like neurotic anxious jewish comedy stuff anyway. Maybe a lot of it depends on your predisposition towards the world. I feel like the show's point of view comes pretty close to "let the whole world burn down" and I find that pretty interesting even in its bleakness.

Thanks for the impressions. Sounds like something I might like. It's not a big commitment so I might try to check it out sometime soon.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Did they cancel Humans yet?

I love it so I just assume it's going to get canceled >_>

There is a new show premiering on July 15th called Impastor. It stars Michael Rosenbaum and sounds absolutely awesome.
Impastor follows Buddy Dobbs, a gambling addict slacker who, in order to go on the run from a loan shark, ends up stealing the identity of a gay pastor in a local small-town community.
Trailer
Anybody see this? Pilot is up on TVLand's site and should be on iTunes, maybe somewhere else too.

BTW how is Younger?

Wiktor

There is a new show premiering on July 15th called Impastor. It stars Michael Rosenbaum and sounds absolutely awesome.

Trailer
Anybody see this? Pilot is up on TVLand's site and should be on iTunes, maybe somewhere else too.

BTW how is Younger?

Lol.."missionary work in Jamaica" :D Will watch.

Trailer

This is Banshee without the violence :p

Mr. Robot seems to be a pretty interesting show but it kind of feels like they're channeling Fight Club a bit too much.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
No, it's doing very well in both the US and UK.

I want to believe you, but my track record says otherwise, so im going to choose to not believe your hollywood lies and just expect it to be canceled even before season 1 is over so im not crushingly disapointed and curl into fetal position...again

Tomita

Trailer

BTW how is Younger?

Holy shit this looks amazing!! I LOVE ROSENBAUM.
It feels like he's playing Nick from L4D2 almost.

Ugh, do I watch the pilot now or wait closer to the premiere date? I watched Mr. Robot early and that was sort of annoying...

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I want to believe you, but my track record says otherwise, so im going to choose to not believe your hollywood lies and just expect it to be canceled even before season 1 is over so im not crushingly disapointed and curl into fetal position...again

The ratings don't lie brah! It's science!

Tomita

Has anyone else had problems watching shows on USA Network's website? Last time I tried this, a few weeks ago, it bitched about how my Flash player needed updating, despite using Chrome. Despite uninstalling, reinstalling, clearing caches, and restarting, the website won't work on Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. Got fed up and gave up. Tried again today, after doing almost those things again very recently (reinstalling, etc, for unrelated reasons). Same issues.

It's really pissing me off. What's going on?

Matush

Good call on UnReal. I just watched the first one and thought it was quite good. Will definitely keep watching. One of the reasons I love this and the other general TV threads on here. Always get tipped off to some shows I overlooked.

Just started watching UNreal. Damn, is this show good.

UnReal is my favourite right now. such an amazingly fucked up show
I get it, I should start watching UnReal asap.

Quidam

Add me to the UnReal fan club. Just finished watching the first episode and it's surprisingly good. Excellent cast, too.

Rhaknar

The ratings don't lie brah! It's science!

LA la la I can't hear you

Almost Human...

tumblr_lyse50FgCe1qa4idi.gif

Edit: what is UnReal, never heard of it?

Rhaknar

Hmm I hate those kind of shows so not sure I would be into something about the making of them

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Next Sunday:

Humans
Halt and Catch Fire
Masters of Sex
True Detective
Ballers
The Brink
Ray Donovan
The Strain

7 hours of (mostly bad) television.

SEVEN HOURS

on Sunday alone

send help

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Next Sunday:

Humans
Halt and Catch Fire
Masters of Sex
True Detective
Ballers
The Brink
Ray Donovan
The Strain

7 hours of (mostly bad) television.

SEVEN HOURS

on Sunday alone

send help
I just saved you at least two hours. Can't really speak to the last two though. lol

(The Last Ship is the best show of the night btw!)

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Started watching unREAL last week due to this thread.. did not disappoint.. definitely hooked on it now and glad it got season 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom