• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014-15 TV Cancellations: Under the Dome canned, what will CBS do with CG cows next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snake

Happy Birthday, Ivy.

I had a present picked out for you but those attention hogs in the 9th Circuit beat me to it.

Malvingt2

The early overnight ratings numbers for the Flash pilot are in, with the earliest numbers posted from TV Media Insights revealing a whopping 3.4/5 rating (more on what that means later as more solid numbers come in) – the best for a CW premiere since 90210 six years ago. It even did 13% better than the Arrow premiere two years ago.
TV Media Insights also reports that The Flash beat ABC and FOX in the time period.
The CW has got to be happy right now!
More details as they become available soon.

http://flashtvnews.com/the-flash-premiere-ratings-how-did-it-do/16661

Malvingt2

Flash TV News ⚡ ‏@FlashTVNews
In Marvel vs. DC news, it looks like #TheFlash may have outrated #AgentsofSHIELD last night, too.

Patryn

So we never watch CW and discovered last night that our local affiliate broadcast over DTV is at sub, sub-HD levels with all kinds of ratio problems. People are squished, and manually adjusting my TVs aspect ratio does nothing.

We couldn't get further than two minutes without giving up. Is it available anywhere else legally? Hulu? Amazon?

Have you tried the CW's site?

Tucah

you speak so well
So we never watch CW and discovered last night that our local affiliate broadcast over DTV is at sub, sub-HD levels with all kinds of ratio problems. People are squished, and manually adjusting my TVs aspect ratio does nothing.

We couldn't get further than two minutes without giving up. Is it available anywhere else legally? Hulu? Amazon?

Hulu Plus, also on The CW's website/app.

Malvingt2

tumblr_nd3sdbNNz81tv2db5o1_500.gif

Penguin

I think this makes for a good headline, but I honestly don't expect Flash to continue above SHIELD.

I think once a few episodes have aired, Flash will drop to like 1.2-1.4 and stay there regularly.

Oh it's expected, but still insane

Especially when you compare the reach of the CW vs ABC

anaron

anaron said:
You act like that's hard. Lol

My realistic/safe prediction is somewhere around 1.6-8 but I can easily see this doing better.

You're still vastly overestimating it. Remember this is the CW where anything above a 1.0 is seen as a huge success. What you're predicting, even with your realistic adjustments, would shatter records within CW and is quite frankly unrealistic.

@SteveBattaglio: Premiere of #TheFlash scored higher ratings than Marvel's Agents of SHIELD. 1.8 to 1.6 in 18 to 49 demo. Total viewers 4.5 mil to 4.4 mil.

AOW52dx.jpg

Malvingt2

Grant Gustin ‏@grantgust
I can't thank you enough to everyone that tuned in. I don't really understand the number system but apparently we did very well #theflash

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Belated Happy Birthday Ivy!

Wait. Ivysaur works at SciFi? BSG BLOOD & CHROME IS BACK YES
Oh right
Ivy pls, save Continuum
;_;

Nah, November birthdays are much better.
Truth.

Holy. Shit.
denzelboom.gif

I think this makes for a good headline, but I honestly don't expect Flash to continue above SHIELD.

I think once a few episodes have aired, Flash will drop to like 1.2-1.4 and stay there regularly.
Oh, very likely, but still a huge win for CW I'd say.

Crazy good ratings for The Flash. The pilot was great so it deserved every viewer it got.

The fact that it beat a lot of shows on ABC/Fox says less about it and more about the pathetic state the "big" four have let themselves get into.

- Full set of Tuesday night ratings from TVbtN:
NBC was the number one network in adults 18-49, while CBS led with with total viewers.

On NBC, a recap episode of The Voice earned a 2.4 adults 18-49 rating. Chicago Fire scored a 2.1, down two tenths from last week's 2.3 adults 18-49 rating for last week’s premiere.

On CBS, NCIS was even with last week's 2.6 adults 18-49 rating for last week’s premiere. NCIS: New Orleans matched last week's 2.3 adults 18-49 rating. Person Of Interest earned a 1.6, down two tenths from last week's 1.8 adults 18-49 rating.

On the CW, the series premiere of The Flash earned a 1.8 adults 18-49 rating, making it the CW's most-watched and highest-rated series debut since The Vampire Diaries premiered in 2009. Your predictions were correct. The tenth season premiere of Supernatural earned a 1.2 adults 18-49 rating, even with the 1.2 the ninth season premiere earned.

On ABC, Selfie scored a 1.1, down half a ratings point from last week's 1.6 adults 18-49 rating. Manhattan Love Story garnered a 0.9, down six tenths from last week's 1.5 adults 18-49 rating. Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. earned a series low 1.6, down two tenths from last week's 1.8 adults 18-49 rating. Forever notched a 1.3, down a tenth from last week's 1.4 adults 18-49 rating

On FOX, New Girl matched last week’s 1.3. The Mindy Project garnered a 1.0, down a tenth from last week's 1.1 adults 18-49 rating.
The grid with everything is via the link.

Ashok

Banned
I think the Aquarius posters look cool. I hope that series pans out, NBC has done a fantastic job with Hannibal. If not, maybe Denise Bryson can still make a glorious return in 2016. The world can always use more DD and GA.

I think the Aquarius posters look cool. I hope that series pans out, NBC has done a fantastic job with Hannibal. If not, maybe Denise Bryson can still make a glorious return in 2016. The world can always use more DD and GA.
Will watch for David Duchovny. Or i just can watch X-Files, because i didn't see it and want to watch it, but it's so long.

Amazing start for The Flash.

Shield just keeps on dropping.

I don't think S.H.I.E.L.D can last... maybe another season but nah.The first few episodes of this season have been just so boring.Maybe it will get better by season's end. God I hope Daredevil on Netflix is Good.

But Flash was really good. CW is nailing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom