• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT| Spa1n v The Netherland5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juz

Jari Litmanen talking about that there are a lot of friends of his in the Netherlands coaching staff, especially the physios :lol

jbueno

I found Mexico´s game kind of boring, but I´m glad they won, if barely. Really looking forward to the Spain game though.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Thought Mbia had a good game.

Yeah he was OK, he improved a lot since he left QPR.

Eto'o was embarrassing to watch, hard to believe they are still relying on a donkey like him.

So yesterday I watched the Univision stream and listened to the ESPN radio feed for audio. And I gotta say, I loved the announcers. The play by play guy was named JP something, and the color guy was an old Irish guy named Tommy Smyth "with a Y". And I thought the latter was AWESOME. He seemed a little crazy. Reminded me of like an Irish version of James Carville.

A quick Google search seems to indicate that people hate his guts, but I didn't.

Elchele

Robben looks like a Nazi. He's probably a Nazi.

Doc-Rivers.gif

I haven't watched the Netherlands at all this year. What are their odds here? I'm favoring Spain 2-1 just based off of history, but someone please tell me I'm wrong.

Go Holland!

Sylver

Banned
I don't like we wear white jersey, but no matters. C'mon, boys let's do this. :D.
I hope Xavi and Iniesta bright today. ^^.

Spain's tiki taka was the ultimate evolution of cruyffs style taken to extremes to which it never should have been taken to. The Dutch helped make them champions. Now its time to help its removal from the international play. I won't cry a tear for tiki taka once its dead, but their mastery of a style is quite impressive and will probably never be repeated (thank god).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom