• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT| Spa1n v The Netherland5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrefpvs

Spain 1-0 Netherlands

untitled-2hkuqh.gif
untitled-3jquit.gif

You're a legend.

inky

There was contact, but not every contact inside the area is a penalty. Costa sold it very well there by moving his foot out, stepping on the defender and letting himself go.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Looks like more of an actual slip than a legit flop, but still a totally unwarranted penalty imo.

Should have been a foul the other way! Costa was already on his way down and then stepped on the trailing leg. Business as usual, I suppose.

As someone who usually doesn't watch soccer...I can see I'm not missing anything through the first 3 games. Referees picking winners/losers. That wasn't a foul in any regard in the box. Meanwhile, some dude in the earlier game pushes someone in the box in the back and doesn't even touch the ball with his foot and that wasn't a penalty? This sport is stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom