• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT| Spa1n v The Netherland5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tekniqs

smh @ people saying he stepped on the guy's leg on purpose. He's looking at the ball the entire time; it was incidental contact

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Honestly, I think it could have gone both ways. It wasn't clear at all. There have been countless worse calls in a WC.

Calling this WC already a farce after just a couple of games may be a bit too much.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
This. If you don't see this then I don't know what to tell you

How does a striker stepping on a defender mean it's a penalty? The challenge missed Costa who then left his leg back and flopped.

gutshot

I think the funniest thing are the people saying Costa stepped on him on purpose. Dude would have to have the reflexes of Neo to do that.

In slo mo, it's not a takedown, but in real time it looked like one. Not even close to as bad as Fred's clear flop yesterday.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
People are saying it´s dive? Lol, he tripped him inside the penalty box. It was a correct call.

Sorry who was tripped?

sedfay.gif

danreis

So, yea... those replays are good angles. No dive, but no foul either. He did step on defender's leg.

Another bad call. 3 games, more than 3 crucial mistakes.

leroidys

I think the funniest thing are the people saying Costa stepped on him on purpose. Dude would have to have the reflexes of Neo to do that.

In slo mo, it's not a takedown, but in real time it looked like one. Not even close to as bad as Fred's clear flop yesterday.
Agreed. Not a flop but not a penalty.

King_Moc

Banned
It's embarrassing the number of people claiming that was a penalty. Stepping on someones leg means you get a penalty now, does it?

cube444

Not a fan of either team but at real speed, I could see why a ref would think it was a sweeping trip with the trailing foot.

GQman2121

Banned
Nice to see a few of these Adidas guys not conforming to the notion that they have to be seen wearing those hideous animal print boots.

Baleoce

Not a fan of either team but at real speed, I could see why a ref would think it was a sweeping trip with the trailing foot.

I can definitely agree with that. I don' think the ref can be blamed for not seeing that. I think the fault lies with the fact that the game hasn't adapted to a video official / challenge calls. Even if it's still potentially an ambiguous decision, at least you know it's been looked at again from the best perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom